AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 21, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #92 of 1,489
Hi!

Complete newb, but I'm wondering if you can provide a rough comparison (ie <>) vs the ATH-M50?

I'm thinking about buying the ATH-M50, but these have caught my eye as well.

I listen to all genres of music (save for country...).. If I do have a tendency it's towards techno.

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #93 of 1,489
Yes, I can, I got those before. The K167 has more detail, treble has better resolution, mids are forward/in-your-face (vs recessed on the M-50's) and they have a MUCH wider soundstage. Overall, another league. The ATH M-50 sound like a $150 headphone, the K167 sound like a $300 one. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #94 of 1,489
Quote:
Yeah, thats what I've seen too
confused_face_2.gif

And they will cost 400€+ here in Europe and the K167s cost 230€. So, twice as much.

No kidding, WHAT'S UP WITH THE K167 europe pricing, seriously.... 229 EUR :xf_eek: Even thomann.de sells them for 244 EUR What! Yea european pricing often sucks but this is even exceptionally bad. I'm sure they are worth that price though but why is it that much expensier in europe compared to US? Makes no sense. Looks like K267 US order is in in order... Even with custom fees you probably save a whole lot.

Nov 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #95 of 1,489
Yes you do. As soon as I can ($$$) I will order them from there and will pay the customs fee. First time I do this.

EDIT: Listening to Joe Cocker - Fire It Up (2012) is a true eargasm with the K167...! These phones are SO good. Damn addiction, would I really need the K267's?

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #97 of 1,489
no, sorry but if anyone is interested, I can compare these cans against the V-Moda M-80, Creative Aurvana Live! and my super-old but still fascinating AKG K501.

also, I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S (with supercurio's Voodoo sound mod) to a Galaxy Note 2 (no Voodoo yet available...but anounced). Let's see how the K167 TIESTO compare on these devices, too.

I'll keep you updated :wink:

..and of course I want to hear how they will change their sound signature when they are burned in^^

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #98 of 1,489
Quote:
no, sorry but if anyone is interested, I can compare these cans against the V-Moda M-80, Creative Aurvana Live! and my super-old but still fascinating AKG K501.
also, I recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S (with supercurio's Voodoo sound mod) to a Galaxy Note 2 (no Voodoo yet available...but anounced). Let's see how the K167 TIESTO compare on these devices, too.
I'll keep you updated
wink.gif

..and of course I want to hear how they will change their sound signature when they are burned in^^

Do you already have the 167?

Nov 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #100 of 1,489
Quote:
sorry for my misleading post above...no, atm I do not have them here...yet
wink.gif

today I just got the shipment confirmation from the seller. so, I expect them to be here beginning next week.

A comparison to the M-80 would be spectacular. 

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #104 of 1,489
Quote:
They isolate alot. Even more than the AiAiAi TMA-1s, which have great isolation.

EDIT: Holy crap, now they're playing ALOT louder!!!!! And there's ALOT of bass now. I have never experienced anyhting like this before with burn-in...

STOP JUST STOP... I can't handle my brain melting at this speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back