AKG K167 TIËSTO - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation Thread
Nov 21, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #76 of 1,489
I have just anticipated the sale. Have a look at the classifieds. Now lets pre-order those K267s.

EDIT: Guys, it's a different driver, its bigger too, I don't think you'll get the same. At all. They have to be better and I'm counting with thunderous bass at "Stage" setting. Basshead levels.

EDIT 2: Just have shown the K167s to my best friend (musician too) a couple hours ago and he was shocked by the treble. It's indeed what these phones do better (and mids too). If they had more bass I wouldn't go for the K267's, thats for sure. But I'm a lost basshead in a lost world... :s

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #77 of 1,489
Quote:
EDIT: Guys, it's a different driver, its bigger too, I don't think you'll get the same. At all. They have to be better and I'm counting with thunderous bass at "Stage" setting.

I was just about to say that. The differences between the AKG K167 and K267 are numerous, and are probably going to end up being worth the extra cost.

1. Adjustable Bass using AKG's second gen adjustable bass-port tech; First Gen was AKG K181 DJ. Should be even more improved, due to more selections, larger drivers, a bigger overall cup size, and more. Studio, Club, & Stage settings.
  2. All aluminium parts. Other than leather, foam, and some plastic, many parts that were plastic on the 167 are now aluminium on the 267. 
  3. Larger divers. They use 50mm (2") drivers rather than the 40mm drivers that were used on the K167. These drivers may be the same as the ones inside the K550, but we don't know.
  4. Detachable cable. Self explanatory.
  5. Heavier (thicker) Padding. The headband now has a thick, stylish, noticeable, (p)leather + foam pad. On the outside, embossed on the (p)leather, it says "AKG", while on the inside it is simple thick padded foam.

All of this without sacrificing the size of the 167, which was already slightly large. (Other than the larger headband)

Nov 21, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #78 of 1,489
I'm just imagining those K267's with a Chris Himself's Silver Cable
popcorn.gif

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #79 of 1,489
K267 can't arrive soon enough but I have a feeling it won't quite be as nice as the expections. Headphones like K167 are RARE, rarely are we offered such sound quality for such a price, at least my interpretations is like that it offers more like $299 worth sound than $199.

Nov 21, 2012 at 12:56 PM Post #81 of 1,489
Quote:
Thats true, but I'm counting with a basshead phone, which the K167 is not. Great bass, but not basshead levels.

Yes but people that expect K267 to deliver much more sound quality than K167 (which is understandable due to price difference) will probably be disappointed as statistics in history are not very encouraging when it comes to offer 2x products that impress exceptionally well with the same things in different products at about the same time launched. This business is hard to do something exceptionally great in all the time, it will need some luck for it to happen twice.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #82 of 1,489
Quote:

Yes but people that expect K267 to deliver much more sound quality than K167 (which is understandable due to price difference) will probably be disappointed as statistics in history are not very encouraging when it comes to offer 2x products that impress exceptionally well with the same things in different products at about the same time launched. This business is hard to do something exceptionally great in all the time, it will need some luck for it to happen twice.

As long as it's "as good" as the 167 while offering the additions in features that the K267 does - I don't mind paying a bit more. The 267 just seems more 'complete' to me.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #83 of 1,489
From the mouth of a Producer and Professional Musician here in Portugal: "they're MUCH better than the DENON HP700. Even stereo division is better and they have more detail. Big difference". He loved them : )

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #84 of 1,489
Quote:
From the mouth of a Producer and Professional Musician here in Portugal: "they're MUCH better than the DENON HP700. Even stereo division is better and they have much more detail. Big difference". He loved them : )

I honestly can't imagine a much more detailed headphone than HP700 at that price, it just doesn't make sense! xD The HP700 already delivers way beyond their price.

Here's hoping that Tyll takes notice of these cans (at least K167 and K267), I'm always curious to see how the measurements match people's subjective analyzements if they match or don't. Who knows, M100 may not even be the reigning basshead king for a long time. :)

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #85 of 1,489
Quote:

I honestly can't imagine a much more detailed headphone than HP700 at that price, it just doesn't make sense! xD The HP700 already delivers way beyond their price.

These do even more ; )

And they are getting better everyday. The treble is sooooo good now.

At the moment I'm starting to believe that the K267's won't be much better. Maybe just the bass boost and a bit better separation. Already closed the sale. LOL.

Nov 21, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #89 of 1,489
Yeah, thats what I've seen too
confused_face_2.gif

And they will cost 400€+ here in Europe and the K167s cost 230€. So, twice as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back