AKG K1000 - Possible return to production
Sep 24, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #122 of 159
Well given their "new" phones (K70* with a different colour scheme) it does seem AKG have run out of ideas and that would lend credibility to the idea that they would re-launch this.

For me, that's very interesting, as unlike the new flagships HD800 and T1, this is actually a unique concept rather than an improved version of the same old idea. It might actually be worth shelling out flagship money for. Am yet to hear a pair but would be keen to.

Subcribing to this thread...

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #123 of 159
How they are going currently, They would probably have it re-released in pink with lady gaga supporting it. Oh wait, that was monster. Anybody like a green pair?

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:24 AM Post #125 of 159
Catscratch says  "As an older head-fi'er, I've seen more high-end products discontinued than introduced."

Umm..... is that even possible?  Let me think about this.....If 10 products are introduced, can 11 be discontinued?  Maybe math was different back then   
blink.gif
  LOL

Sep 25, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #126 of 159

Quote:
Catscratch says  "As an older head-fi'er, I've seen more high-end products discontinued than introduced."

Umm..... is that even possible?  Let me think about this.....If 10 products are introduced, can 11 be discontinued?  Maybe math was different back then   
blink.gif
  LOL

Yes, since the perspective is from a finite time window. A net gain OR a net loss - both perfectly feasible in a closed system. I read it as "more noteworthy high-end products discontinued than introduced". A subjective, but reasonable assertion.

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #127 of 159

blink.gif
  LOL

Not considered high-end when introduced, but gain that respect with time until discontinued?
Looks highly possible to me...

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #128 of 159
Stevekelby (and probably some others) have found the solution to the slight roll off of the low bass extension to be plugging them into the passthrough outputs of a nice subwoofer
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" /> if they bring these back, they are almost literally the only other headphone I have really wanted to add. having heard them fairly extensively at meets and afterwards in more private and revealing surroundings, I found them to be totally unique. needs good source or the large soundstage tends to wander/becomes a bit indeterminate, but fed with a great source and with a nice amp with enough power, these cans more than make up for the shame of wearing them by how they sound. for a retro piece of modern art/pop culture, they are fantastic and look really cool, but on your head they = fail and make anyone who wears them look like a crazy person

Oct 2, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #130 of 159

Quote:
OT, but I have to ask somewhere. Has anyone semi-critically compared a K1000 with and without the PCB boards on the drivers? Is there some one daring enough to bypass the circuitry and check for me to see if there are any sonic benefits of the PCB's? I seem to get distortion when playing relatively bass heavy passages at high volume on my K1k drivers. Normal? Under-amplification? No PCB's?
tongue.gif
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//tongue.gif" title="
tongue.gif
" width="" /> I sent a few PM's to people, but either got no response, or they just didn't know.

Thanks for any and all help, guys.

i have a vague recollection of seeing a thread a few yrs back where someone bypassed them, but perhaps i'm misremembering....

Miguel, that car in your avatar looks like yours, but i bet the butt does not. who does it belong to? 
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #131 of 159
^ Thanks for the heads up. I'll look around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back