akg is considering to remake the k1000 but only if it gets enough love on its facebook page
Oct 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

pearljam5000

500+ Head-Fier
Akg has posted again on their facebook page regarding the k1000 I think they are really considering to bring it back So show your love on their facebook page! www.facebook.com/AKG Quote: We've seen a lot of feedback lately on your LOVE for our K1000 headphones. We're listening and we hear you. What is it about those headphones?

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #3 of 80
lol i really didnt know if its a good or a bad thing,so thanks for the explination Anyways i am really dissapointed about how little response my previous thread got. I hope a ton of people will flood akg's facebook page with saying how much they want the k 1000 I think this will play a big part of their desicion if to remake them or not

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 80
I already sent my love
k701smile.gif

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 80
Quote:
With no R/D cost and tooling, the price should be decent. If they come out with a large price tag, Phaw!

Marketing...

Is that all they can do anymore?

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #10 of 80
If they do remake the K 1000, I hope they don't just do something like a re-release.  As a lot of people who love the K 1000 admit, it isn't without its flaws.

I would definitely like to see AKG put some work into improving a headphone like the K 1000; at the same time, I hope that work wouldn't divert resources away from their developing a successor to the more-traditional K 701.

Oct 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #12 of 80

And what have people been requesting,bass light or heavy versions.Or do they want another flavour which a K1000 it will not be.

And as for no tooling costs that would mean all the original was kept and it is in pristine condition.

And last but by no means least how much will they cost and how many will they sell.(Head-Fi is a very very small community).

There is no point in expressing interest less you specify a price point you are willing to pay,I see people with a lot of interest in many things till they know the bottom line.

If you want a cheap version maybe a Chinese manufacturer could knock up a few imitations.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #15 of 80
Also put in a word. It's not like it can hurt at this point. I just want them to do something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back