AKG Customer Service...
Aug 19, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #16 of 63
I'm still waiting on the velours I ordered from Frank in December. I know it was December because I forgot how long ago it had been since I ordered them and called Frank in May at which time he said wow, you ordered these back in December. Let me check...I have another shipment coming in two weeks. They should be with that shipment.

Still waiting...

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #17 of 63
frank is an awesome guy, i recently put an order of some k240 parts, and yeh i gave my cc info email to him. still havent got my parts and its been a month, and no charge on my cc yet.. but hes still a cool guy, hes sent me free parts before too.

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #18 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilldermood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sorry guys. It was Frank I talked to not Mike. I must have name dyslexia. Anyway, he said it was his last day on Friday. Maybe they are going to be changing things in their customer service for the better. I hope so. I think in the meantime I will have my mother sew me some velour earpad cozies for my K271S.

Are you serious? I was wondering why I wasn't getting anybody Friday. He told me Thursday that they had the velours for the K240 in stock, but I didn't have the money for them till Friday. He told me to give him a call Friday, none of which were answered.
frown.gif

So, any ideas who the new contact at AKG is yet?

Aug 19, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #19 of 63
Doesn't anybody recall that service was excellent - before they moved to California. It's what - aprox. a year. They had a great gal while they were in Tennessee. They always had your parts in stock, she knew what they had, and you got them....immediately.

Aug 19, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #20 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't anybody recall that service was excellent - before they moved to California. It's what - aprox. a year. They had a great gal while they were in Tennessee. They always had your parts in stock, she knew what they had, and you got them....immediately.

Sweet Patricia, I got my pads at the door in less than a week.

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #21 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

is their move and subsequent decline why you became a beyer guy?
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #22 of 63
No - my Beyer-ness preceded their move. I'd gotten my k340 and the other AKG IMO simply aren't up to the standard of k1000 and k340 (had and sold k271S and k240S [no interest in k601/701] and a pair of A.T.)...... and the v.1 Screened Darths I had at the time......then added dt990/600. then added v.2 Darths, then added dt880/600, replacement of those first 2 Darths with v.3 figured Zebra Darths, then commissioned 32 ohm Darths, bought Denon D2000 (they don't meansure up and sold), now added nice "pre-used/pre-QC problems Grado RS-2. That comes to 2 more pairs than I ever wanted to carry, but are used in different locations and different musical uses(excuses, excuses).......and there is not one pair of 'phones that I regret selling.
Just had to give kudoes to Pat - she was a credit to the AKG organization and a very nice person. They should be rueing their California miscalculation and are paying for it. The exec who promulgated the move should be drummed out of the office and sent packing to some other sort of business. Maybe WallMart would be willing to hire him as a greeter. He might be able to handle that level of decision-making.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #23 of 63
Reguarding e-mail.

Most people don't realize, but e-mail is like a postcard. Any server between you and your destination can freely inspect the contacts if they so choose. It's not unheard of for someone to insert a mail proxy between servers to specifically filter for content for malicious purposes. NEVER send anything you could consider confidential via unencrypted e-mail.

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #24 of 63
I just got off the phone with Frank, so, friday was not his last day. Probably the last day of the other guy who was working with him, who was iirc Michael.

My new ETA for the parts i ordered May 1st is September 10th.

He was amazed that they hadn't arrived and promised to speak with purchasing, but that's a promise I've heard before.

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #25 of 63
Interesting, I will have to call Frank and see if I can get my order filled.

Thanks, Jason

Aug 20, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #27 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got off the phone with Frank, so, friday was not his last day. Probably the last day of the other guy who was working with him, who was iirc Michael.

I can confirm this as I'm on the phone with the guy right now. Hopefully this order goes better than the last one. *fingers crossed*

Edit: Man it's hard to stay mad at Frank. He's just so darn friendly! If you got velour pads on backorder, then give him a call now, as they are in stock. Mine should hopefully ship out tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #28 of 63
really? It's pretty easy for me to be mad at frank/akg because after five weeks of waiting I called in and they told me there was no record of my order. I ordered from michael again because he said there was no record of my order and got it within a reasonable time, but now 3 months later they just sent me the original order which I did not need so now I have to go through all this trouble for a set of pads.

Aug 20, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #29 of 63
Yeah, I got the "no record of your order" thing from michael once, yelled at him for a few minutes, and somehow that helped him find it.

I recommend ordering by telephone and making sure you get the order number before you hang up.

Aug 20, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #30 of 63
I recommend emailing the order (including name and address), then calling in to finalize it with CC info. Frank likes to spell names/addresses incorrectly, so it may be hard to find the order later if you don't have the order number. My very first order was apparently made by Ryan Reynolds instead of Ryan Fitzpatrick.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back