AKG Customer Service...
Aug 31, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #47 of 63
Someone needs to re-title this thread. I don't know what AKG has in the US, but it sure as heck isn't a Customer Service department. I think it's two guys who have other jobs that occasionally check their voicemail/email for customer/parts inquiries and then get back to you at their leisure. I sure hope nothing ever goes wrong with my 701s. Senn CS is the reference standard.

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiomagnate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Senn CS is the reference standard.

Sennheiser is better, but they're not going to win any awards.

My personal experience with them is that the website will accept orders and bill your card no problem - whether or not the item is in stock.

Then the box arrives six weeks later missing some of your order.

Sennheiser apologizes profusely, promises to send out the missing parts.

A month passes.

You call sennheiser again, they can't find any record of someone sending out missing parts, promises again.

And they eventually show up.

That's what they did to me, at least.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #49 of 63
Call them -somebody actually answers!!) - don't use the website or email. I've had several transactions, all perfect.

Aug 31, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #50 of 63
Quote:

Call them -somebody actually answers!!) - don't use the website or email. I've had several transactions, all perfect.

Actually, a lot of the time, i get Frank's voicemail. I suspect that he recognizes my caller ID.

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, a lot of the time, i get Frank's voicemail.

+1

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Actually, a lot of the time, i get Frank's voicemail. I suspect that he recognizes my caller ID.

I was referring to Senn, not AKG. I've never gotten a live person at AKG.

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Someone needs to re-title this thread. I don't know what AKG has in the US, but it sure as heck isn't a Customer Service department. I think it's two guys who have other jobs that occasionally check their voicemail/email for customer/parts inquiries and then get back to you at their leisure.

LOL! Now that made me laugh!
k1000smile.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

the k271-s velours that fit the k340 are in stock, but the part number has changed. They are now sold only as a pair, part number is 2955M10020 - costs about $25.

I just received my order from the 22nd.

I have to say I'm not exactly happy.

2955M10020 is packaged as a pair in a little baggie labeled "2955M1002".

Someone tore it open and took out one of the earpads.

I am not amused.

Sep 6, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

I am not amused.

Lol, I am! No, seriously that sucks dude, but your post did make me chuckle for some reason.

I am STILL waiting for my 240 pads that I ordered WAY back when. I really need to get off my ass and call frank... I keep forgetting to do that.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, I am! No, seriously that sucks dude, but your post did make me chuckle for some reason.

The most charitable excuse i can think of is that maybe Frank has some temp labor filling boxes for him. Ignorant, inbred, mouth-breathing temp labor.

The sales order says "EAR CUSHION VELOUR /PAIR" and quantity is listed as 1.

I feel your pain wrt K240 pads. I need four of them. I was fooling myself when i thought i only needed one pair for my super-old K240-M. I guess at the time maybe i didn't actually own the K260-Pro or K240-DF, but, I shoulda been thinking ahead. When they're in stock I'll order at least one pair more than i have K2xx headphones in need of pads.

Interesting to note, though: The stock K340 vinyl pads are NOT the same. They're bigger.

My K340 arrived almost-NOS. Box missing, in original, beat-up styrofoam. Someone must have used them briefly and stuffed them in a closet. The pads they came with are in excellent, like-new condition - and they practically fall off of a K240.

Sep 6, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

Interesting to note, though: The stock K340 vinyl pads are NOT the same. They're bigger.

My K340 arrived almost-NOS. Box missing, in original, beat-up styrofoam. Someone must have used them briefly and stuffed them in a closet. The pads they came with are in excellent, like-new condition - and they practically fall off of a K240.

The K340 is wider on its face because of how it flares out, so it stretches out the flange on the pads, eventually making them unusable on a K240. I haven't yet run across a pair where the actual pads themselves were any bigger.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K340 is wider on its face because of how it flares out, so it stretches out the flange on the pads, eventually making them unusable on a K240. I haven't yet run across a pair where the actual pads themselves were any bigger.

I can't find my micrometer right at the moment, but the pads off my K340 are almost 1cm larger in diameter than the pads i took off my K240-M

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #59 of 63
I finally got a refund from AKG for my original order from way back when, but the very same day the refund posted, they decided to charge me a second time for the pads they sent over a week ago. One step forward, two steps back.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back