AKG Customer Service...
Aug 16, 2007 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

jwilldermood

100+ Head-Fier
I tried to order a pair of velour pads for my K271S back in April. I tried several times to call Mike to no avail. Finally he reached me by email and asked me to send my CC info via email. I reluctantly sent it and later received an email from him that he was not able to get the pads. Today he called me and asked if I still wanted them and said he needed to do it tomorrow because it was his last day there. He said they were giving him the boot. This whole deal seems very fishy to me. Does anyone know what is going on with AKG customer service? Should call tomorrow and give him my CC info again?

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #2 of 63
I would never send credit card information via email. Further, I don't know of any reputable business that would ever ask you to do that. If I were you I'd cancel my CC just to be safe and then try a different route. Perhaps Ken at ALO Audio could help.

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 63
CC by email sounds very fishy. Where did you get the phone #?

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 63
I got the number from a thread here. Other people have dealt with him before. I think I will call my CC company and get a new card and wait and see what AKG does with their customer service department. I am really wanting these pads now that it is 100 degrees out.

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #6 of 63
Is it possible to work through someone else? I mean, if it is his last day finding his replacement and ordering through them shouldn't be an issue.

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by TreAdidas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Further, I don't know of any reputable business that would ever ask you to do that.

Beyerdynamic is the only business that's ever asked me to send CC via email. The tech guy wouldn't take the order over the phone. I've always given my CC over the phone with AKG though; email the order and address, then call in the CC info.

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #9 of 63
AKG customer service was not a good experience for me. I just recieved my velour pads from an order I placed 7 months ago...7 months ago! Numerous phone calls never helped out...It is realy sad becuase I wouls like to place another part order but I am afraid.

...I miss Patrica, she was a good Parts Admin...even tested velour pads to make sure they would fit the k501s before I bought them.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #10 of 63
Frank at Harman International is always professional and courteous when he assures me that the parts i ordered on May 1st are just five weeks out from delivery. Every time i ask.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #11 of 63
Frank's the guy I've dealt with. Took him a couple days to get back to me, but zero problems. I don't know what I did with his email address, but here's his other info and parts number for the pads:

AKG part # 2955Z2601

Frank Rodriguez
Sales/Parts Administrator
Harman Pro North America
8500 Balboa Blvd
Northridge, CA 91329
Ph: 818-920-3279
Fax: 818-920.3208

EDIT: I may never have had his email. I seem to recall leaving him a couple messages and then faxing a request. He called me back and we did the whole cc thing over the phone. I had my pads about two weeks later.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:17 AM Post #12 of 63
wow, some of these posts make the title of this thread sound like an oxymoron.
eek.gif
of course i suppose if one needs some parts and doesn't want to deal with akg they could pm fitz for some.
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
of course i suppose if one needs some parts and doesn't want to deal with akg they could pm fitz for some.
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

You might want to read his sig before you do that.
wink.gif

I'm tired of trying to deal with AKG for parts. I placed an order for pads the day they had some in stock. He said the order was released, and my CC was charged. One week passes, and I never get a delivery notification or tracking number. I call up Frank and he told me that they managed to run out of stock before they could ship mine out, but somehow the shipment was cleared and my card was charged. Now pads aren't expected to come in till mid Sept. At least they got my elastics shipped out after a 2 month wait which were in stock the whole time.

Aug 19, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #14 of 63
I am sorry guys. It was Frank I talked to not Mike. I must have name dyslexia. Anyway, he said it was his last day on Friday. Maybe they are going to be changing things in their customer service for the better. I hope so. I think in the meantime I will have my mother sew me some velour earpad cozies for my K271S.

Aug 19, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #15 of 63
They had another guy there for a while - one of the times i called to ask about the stuff i ordered may 1st he transferred me to someone else.

Sucks for Frank if he lost his job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back