AKG.....Australia or China
Jul 16, 2011 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ddan6815

New Head-Fier
Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?.....I got a pair K242HD today that fely real cheaply made, I decided to look on the hp for the made in label, which was no place to be found, then decided to check the box, they had a serial number, but they said made in China. I repacked them to send back thinking they may not be authentic,It was a pretty easy decision considering I also purchased a set of Q701 today also....
smile.gif

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 5
...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 5
Some of their stuff is definitely assembled in China these days.  Even some items that were previously made elsewhere are now made in China and people have had all kinds of mixed opinions on how build quality compares.  I believe a good number of the parts being used are still coming out of Austria (not Australia) though.

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Are all AKG made in Australia, or are some engineered and designed in Australia and made in China?

According to AKG, engineering and design takes places in Austria (no kangaroos there, just Viennese waltz, Schnitzel, coffee and cake), while most models are produced in China. Allegedly only some high-end models (K/Q 70x, K271 for example) are assembled at AKG’s original head office in Vienna, Austria.

Kind regards from Austria,

Werner :)

Jul 16, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
...Austria, not Australia. XD. And production was moved to China some time last year for I think the entire line. Not positive about the Q701 though. There aren't any fake circumaural AKG's as of yet.

thanks for the correction, the Q's are definately made in Austria......maybe I was comparing them to the build quality of the Q's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back