AKG 702 for 80 Bucks - Is this for real?
Nov 17, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #151 of 330
Clicking the original link shows me that they're "temporarily sold out."

It'll be interesting to see if it is because they have legitimately run out of stock or if music123 or buy.com pulled it in response.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #152 of 330
Well, clicking on the order lookup link in my confirmation emails it says under status that the order is "Processing"...good sign. Better than "canceled".

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #153 of 330

Quote:
Clicking the original link shows me that they're "temporarily sold out."

It'll be interesting to see if it is because they have legitimately run out of stock or if music123 or buy.com pulled it in response.

Already? Good thing school finished early(it's 3 pm here), or I would've missed this.

It's worth a shot at least.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #154 of 330
It's sad how gleefully some people take advantage of a mistake.

I'm sure I'll take a few hits from those who feel entitled to take advantage of someone else. I don't care if it is an individual or a company, you shouldn't take advantage of someone. I'm sure some "justifications" will be posted, but this reminds me of looting.

When I was a kid, the bank screwed up and accidentally deposited someone else's sale of stock into my savings account.

It was around $27,000.

We had a pretty good laugh about it, but we decided to call the bank and tell them. They were embarrassed, then debited my account and credited it to the correct account. It was the right thing to do.

Go ahead and mock, but I get the feeling that most of the people in this thread are quite young. Just wait until someone is in the position to take advantage of you. It will happen. And you'll be thankful if they don't.

Most of you are too young to appreciate this, but there is a lot of satisfaction to be had from helping someone out and doing the right thing. At dinner tonight, the woman in front of me in line left her cell on the counter. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if it was hers. I could have probably gotten some money for it on eBay. But she was happy she didn't lose it. That felt better than whatever money I could have sold it for.

Further, we will be keeping an eye on this thread. If it spins out of control, it will be gone.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #155 of 330
Nov 17, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #156 of 330

Quote:

I'm sure I'll take a few hits from those who feel entitled to take advantage of someone else. I don't care if it is an individual or a company, you shouldn't take advantage of someone. I'm sure some "justifications" will be posted, but this reminds me of looting.

When I was a kid, the bank screwed up and accidentally deposited someone else's sale of stock into my savings account.

It was around $27,000.

We had a pretty good laugh about it, but we decided to call the bank and tell them. They were embarrassed, then debited my account and credited it to the correct account. It was the right thing to do.

Go ahead and mock, but I get the feeling that most of the people in this thread are quite young. Just wait until someone is in the position to take advantage of you. It will happen. And you'll be thankful if they don't.

Most of you are too young to appreciate this, but there is a lot of satisfaction to be had from helping someone out and doing the right thing. At dinner tonight, the woman in front of me in line left her cell on the counter. I tapped her on the shoulder and asked if it was hers. I could have probably gotten some money for it on eBay. But she was happy she didn't lose it. That felt better than whatever money I could have sold it for.

Further, we will be keeping an eye on this thread. If it spins out of control, it will be gone.

You are absolutely right in what you're conveying, but if i may disagree with you, there is no correlation between this k702 situation and the one you described. Reason being that we're all still paying ~$100 for this product out of our own pockets because that was the price on the screen. i dont see how that can compare to stealing an innocent woman's cell phone to pocket some money on ebay. i agree that its immoral to order 2, 3, or 4 pairs though.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #157 of 330
Quote:

No justifications, I feel sorry for the employee who have to take care of the mess. I know that I will feel guilty if I do recieve the pair. However this doesn't mean I will cancel my order.

I showed you my dirty part, if it was disgusting, I apologize.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #158 of 330

Quote:
Quote:

It was around $27,000.

You are absolutely right in what you're conveying, but if i may disagree with you, there is no correlation between this k702 situation and the one you described. Reason being that we're all still paying ~$100 for this product out of our own pockets because that was the price on the screen. i dont see how that can compare to stealing an innocent woman's cell phone to pocket some money on ebay. i agree that its immoral to order 2, 3, or 4 pairs though.

I agree with you Uncle00Jesse (odd to see two Uncles arguing--like bad childhood memories j/k)

Uncle Erik, the situation is not the same.  No where close to the same since they still have the option to cancel the order.  In fact, if they were a particularly shady company they could take advantage of such feeding frenzies and take a quick 1 or 2 day interest free loan and then cancel our order.

If they choose to honor the amount that is wonderful of them.  But we cannot say if the pricing was done by mistake or with such intent.  We'll know either by an email stating its been cancelled or a nice package in our hands.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #161 of 330

Quote:

It was around $27,000.

Your message sounds pretty preachy seeing how it remains to be seen whether they will honor the deal or not... 'looting' really? I don't see anyone abusing some coupon to get an item for free. And like someone else said business is business, we all make mistakes.

Also even if you didn't tell the bank, they'd have noticed very quickly, and corrected the mistake. So you telling them doesn't make a difference apart from avoiding any possible hassles later on.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:46 AM Post #162 of 330
O.O i guess if i want a job with Samsung, id want them there haha  but i hear working in Samsung is terrible anyways. stories about everyone getting fired within a year

Quote:
Quote:
All the way to Korea? and not California? phooey     I also agree with you. Republic of Samsung. I've never seen such a renowned University name their library 'Samsung Library' course, everything is sponsored... 

Actually, the parcel forwarding service is at Oregon. Very nice indeed
biggrin.gif

the fee is only $12 too.

'Samsung Library', Yuck. do you know even yuckier story behind that? When some students protested against naming the library 'Samsung', most of the other students wanted them to be kicked out of school because it may agitate the giant Chaebol(Conglomerate for those who are unfamiliar).

Hmmph. Where did all the spirit go?

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #163 of 330

Well I ordered 2. I don't feel immoral at all...  None of us are bad people for getting a good deal (if it even goes through). If I didn't get in on the deal I'd probably call of you ***holes. XD

I joke, I joke!!

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #164 of 330
This is knowingly taking advantage of a mistake. It is no different from the examples I gave.

I probably won't change many minds here, but it'll come back to you sooner or later. When one of you screw up and someone goes for the jugular, then you'll "get" the lesson. Sadly, a lot of you are going to have to learn this one the hard way.

It makes me sad because one of the great things about this community is trust. During CanJam '09, I brought pretty much all of my audio gear and put it out on a table. Then I walked away and trusted people to do the right thing. Everyone did. That was wonderful. But when I see threads like this, I wonder what would happen to a piece of gear accidentally left behind. Would people keep it for themselves, or would they do the right thing?

Think about it, folks.

This wasn't a sale. Sales are fine. This was a mistake.

Also, I forgot to mention that if these do ship, we are keeping an eye of the For Sale threads. Anyone who tries to flip these for profit will be banned. You have been warned.

Nov 17, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #165 of 330
are you serious? They posted the price- if its wrong they can just cancel. we aren't holding a gun to their head.

Quote:

It was around $27,000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back