AKG 702 for 80 Bucks - Is this for real?
Nov 18, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #317 of 330
I think I got a total of 10 emails today from buy.com and music123, many said they were shipped, many said they were canceled. Furthermore, after I got cancellation emails I got MORE that said they were shipped!!
Don't know what to expect.
Some also said 702 and some said M99....anyones guess whats coming or not coming to my door at this point! 

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #318 of 330

Quote:
I think I got a total of 10 emails today from buy.com and music123, many said they were shipped, many said they were canceled. Furthermore, after I got cancellation emails I got MORE that said they were shipped!!
Some also said 702 and some said M99....anyones guess whats coming or not coming to my door at this point! 

lol. exactly how many did you order?

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #319 of 330

Quote:

did you actually order fifty? >__<

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #320 of 330
HA, 50 pairs?!
I only ordered 2 pairs,
spoke to someone on the tele, she said they canceled the order this morning, but than I kept getting shipping confirmation orders after cancellation emails.

Nov 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #321 of 330

Quote:

I doubt you'll get the K702's if they send anything to your doorstep...someone has already said that the woman from Music123 told him on the phone that they don't even carry the 702.

Nov 18, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #322 of 330
Now that this virtual joy ride is over...

I decided I HAD to have the 702's prior to the holiday season. You can get these new for just under $250 on eBay. But I found that Overstock.com had them for $259.99. Found a $12.00 off coupon. They charge $1.00 for shipping. Final price was $248.99.

And the best part...

Overstock offers no payments/no interest for 6 months on purchases over $150 thru Bill Me Later. I have used BML many times over the past few years to freely finance some higher ticket purchases.

So I figured I'll just stick $40 a month aside until summer arrives and then pay for them interest free.

I'm tired of looking for an "unheard of deal" on these cans, it's time to listen to some music!

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #323 of 330

Quote:
Now that this virtual joy ride is over...

I decided I HAD to have the 702's prior to the holiday season. You can get these new for just under $250 on eBay. But I found that Overstock.com had them for $259.99. Found a $12.00 off coupon. They charge $1.00 for shipping. Final price was $248.99.

And the best part...

Overstock offers no payments/no interest for 6 months on purchases over $150 thru Bill Me Later. I have used BML many times over the past few years to freely finance some higher ticket purchases.

So I figured I'll just stick $40 a month aside until summer arrives and then pay for them interest free.

I'm tired of looking for an "unheard of deal" on these cans, it's time to listen to some music!

Congratz on your purchase

Nov 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #324 of 330

Quote:
Congratz on your purchase

Thanks!

I also just bought a used Head Direct EF1 for about $160. Now I am in the process of securing some tubes for a little roll party I have planned.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #326 of 330

Quote:
Anyone that used paypal having trouble getting there money refunded. I canceled my order and was told i would get my money back in 24 hours and it hasnt been posted to my account yet. I dunno.

I see that they have initiated it, but Buy.com told me that it would take a few days to post.  I'd give a little bit more time.  At least things get posted so much faster than they used to.  I remember 10 years ago when I made a return and it took a month to post back to my account.

Nov 19, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #327 of 330

Thanks. I will be patient.
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone that used paypal having trouble getting there money refunded. I canceled my order and was told i would get my money back in 24 hours and it hasnt been posted to my account yet. I dunno.

I see that they have initiated it, but Buy.com told me that it would take a few days to post.  I'd give a little bit more time.  At least things get posted so much faster than they used to.  I remember 10 years ago when I made a return and it took a month to post back to my account.

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #328 of 330
Just wondering...

When stuff like this stunt get pulled, said vendor pulls in tens of thousands of dollars, uses the money for free for a few days to a week and then refunds.  I guess that's one way to fund some short term investment schemes.  Futures trading for example....  Just a thought.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #330 of 330
Hey everyone!  I work for Music123 and I wanted to apologize for the mix up here.  We intended to sell the 99's at this price.  Some how our UPC was mixed up with another vendors.  As soon as we realized it we canceled the orders that hadn't shipped yet.  The other orders that were shipped were refunded immediately and we issued a return on the shipments.  We are very sorry for the error and we would love to make it right.  My door is open.  Please email me at [size=10pt]webtalk@ecom.music123.com and I'll gladly help you out.  :)  Thanks!!![/size]

[size=10pt]-Skaught[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back