AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition Thread
Apr 30, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #226 of 735
Nice portable rig!! Big improvement with the Hugo? I'm so in the fence with getting one.

Will put Hugo the mix soon - haven't tested yet.

Where is the best placement  in the rig ?

source --> Balanced Drive Headphone Conditioner --> Hugo --> portable amp

or

source --> Hugo --> portable amp  --> Balanced Drive Headphone Conditioner

or

other?

Surprised there is no balanced out on the Hugo

May 2, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #227 of 735
goodvibesWhat does that even mean? The products suck in terms of quality control (it is 100% true, my first Ak240 had the volume issue, then my first AK240SS was scratched deeply, and my current AK240SS has the 2.5 issue, depending on the cable), so we should rejoice that they are widely distributed and thus widely serviced ?

I Met Alex An from Iriver Early This Month
He explained to Me about The grouding problem With AK '240 SS as follow :

On AK 240 SS now is The whole body as Ground
The problem some from TRRS at The End is as Ground too
This Contact can Become imbalance sound on our AK 240 SS

The next step AK solution is :
They make small sticker to Stick on our TRRS plug End
AK Will make Speciall TRRS plug For AK 240 SS .

I would like to Share simple solution For This problem :

For all new AK240 SS new owner please do these steps

1. Please don't take out the plastic protector on the AK 240 SS.

2. To make hole on your 2 Headphone out , please use toothpick or needle to stick in the center from these HO
And make it wider that your SE plug can go in , just plug in.
The same thing for your TRRS plug

It is very simple and it can solve the Grounding problem with all your existing TRRS plug

Good luck

Note :
I never pull out all protective plastic on my Daps ans amps , to protect again scratches ,
With my AK 240 SS I don't have imbalance problem ,because of this protective plastic never take out
I am very happy what I done to all my audio stuff become as very simple solution for my AK 240 SS

May 2, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #231 of 735
Hi Michael and Richard

It is actually neither a design flaw nor manufacturing fault of iRiver.
The problem here is a matter of the compatibility of the various trrs plugs with the AK240SS.
There are certain plugs without this problem.

Like your Beat Audio Cable trrs has no problem yet

May 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #233 of 735
Hi Michael and Richard

The problem here is a matter of the compatibility of the various trrs plugs with the AK240SS.
There are certain plugs without this problem.

Like your Beat Audio Cable trrs has no problem yet

Hi Rudi,

You are right not all connector having the same problem. As for my AK240SS 2.5 connector work perfectly without any issues at all.

And I just place a order for a FITEAR MH335DW ciem for my new ak240ss. Looking forward for this.

May 3, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #234 of 735

It clearly is a design flaw.

I just hope all those who have spent so much on this device achieve a reliable workable solution, as they have a right to expect reliable performance for TOTL money. Good luck to all of you
beerchug.gif

May 3, 2015 at 10:14 PM Post #236 of 735
I sold my 240 recently and ordered an SS which I will have tomorrow (thanks Ted @ teds headfood). The balanced connector issue was reported quite a bit with the regular 240. I purchased a Double Helix cable with Peter's proprietary 2.5mm TRRS plug and never had any problems whatsoever.

I'm a little behind on whether there is an additional issue due to the stainless steel chassis or it is the same problem as the regular 240.

May 3, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #237 of 735
Rudi reported that A&K is going to supply 2.5mm TRRS plugs to cable makers, so this issue should be resolved soon ... I would think.

May 4, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #240 of 735
Hey guys and gals,

Extremely excited, just placed an order for an AK240SS. Fingers crossed I'll have it by this Friday!

Congratulations! I'm excited too about getting mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back