AirPods
Jul 13, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #646 of 709
If they do release truly wireless PowerBeats, and I don’t see why they wouldn’t since it would be lame for them to release a new PowerBeats with the wire, then it will be an instant buy for me. Love AirPods and just want a little more isolation and a deep extended bass. It became clear to me after trying the Solo3 in the gym again that it’s not breathable enough to be truly comfortable like in-ear headphones.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong though, AirPods are punchy and bright. It will only take a few more generations for them to become basically perfect.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #647 of 709
If they do release truly wireless PowerBeats, and I don’t see why they wouldn’t since it would be lame for them to release a new PowerBeats with the wire, then it will be an instant buy for me. Love AirPods and just want a little more isolation and a deep extended bass. It became clear to me after trying the Solo3 in the gym again that it’s not breathable enough to be truly comfortable like in-ear headphones.

Edit: Don’t get me wrong though, AirPods are punchy and bright. It will only take a few more generations for them to become basically perfect.

Dude the Bose are BALLER for the gym

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #649 of 709

+1, I pretty much never prefer in-ears for anything but the gym, but at the gym, they're vital to me given how much I sweat all over on-ear and over-ear headphones. I think PowerBeats in a truly wireless form factor are inevitable, at least I hope so.

Aug 1, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #650 of 709
Have you guys checked out the new Sennheiser CX Sports?

I bought these as I’ve also been waiting for AirPods 2 with hopefully IEM options or something to improve isolation for the gym. These CX Sports are pretty good. They lack battery life but I think that is because they’re pushing more power to the IEM’s for better sound.

I haven’t tried the Powerbeats or Bose though.

Sennheiser CX SPORT Bluetooth Sports Headphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D46ZRHN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_2rCyBb03DD7C4

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #651 of 709
I love my AirPods! They sound great, its battery lasts so long with iPhone 8, and they are so convenient.

A funny video:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #652 of 709
Feb 4, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #654 of 709
I think the Airpods sound great. They sound rich and satisfying. Different people have different requirements and expectations.

True, different people have different requirements. What about the measurements? Only measurements show the exact delivery of each driver. And measurements show that the AirPods fail to deliver full bass, when additionally presenting exaggerated highs! Of course if you just listen to Led Zeppelin and solo viola pieces, they may sound fine! Also try to enjoy your music on AirPods in the metro! You’re in for a treat!

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/apple/airpods-wireless

Feb 4, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #655 of 709
The best truly wireless buds I have ever tried are the RHA Truconnects.
Got a pair for my sister, she already had the Airpods, and she hasn't touched em since she got the new pair.

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #656 of 709
I do listen to a lot of Lez Zep, but don't know much about solo violas. As far as Airpods on the metro... well that's pretty obvious. I have other earphones for different scenarios, but more often than not I grab the Airpods 'cause they're quick and easy and improve my quality of life.
I understand that the more obsessive of us have different standards, but the Airpods have a comfortable place in the way I live my life.

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #657 of 709
The best truly wireless buds I have ever tried are the RHA Truconnects.
Got a pair for my sister, she already had the Airpods, and she hasn't touched em since she got the new pair.

First (and last?) I've heard of them.
Wireless earphones are in such a state of flux that the guys on this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-323#post-14759638 are in a constant state of flux, scurrying around for bright new earphones like mid-winter squirrels after nuts. I just can't figure how they manage to keep their Amazon accounts intact with all their returns.
Personally, I'm not even going to worry about new wireless phones 'til the smoke clears. Until then you might find me lying on the couch, reading a book, and listening to Led Zep through my Apple Q-tips.

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #658 of 709
First (and last?) I've heard of them.
Wireless earphones are in such a state of flux that the guys on this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-323#post-14759638 are in a constant state of flux, scurrying around for bright new earphones like mid-winter squirrels after nuts. I just can't figure how they manage to keep their Amazon accounts intact with all their returns.
Personally, I'm not even going to worry about new wireless phones 'til the smoke clears. Until then you might find me lying on the couch, reading a book, and listening to Led Zep through my Apple Q-tips.
Sq cannot compete with wired. Anyone tells you otherwise has cement in their ears, or crappy wired phones.
Only good as gifts to other people who are not audiophiles.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #659 of 709
Sq cannot compete with wired. Anyone tells you otherwise has cement in their ears, or crappy wired phones.
Only good as gifts to other people who are not audiophiles.

As you can see below, measurements show otherwise:

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beats/powerbeats3-wireless

Powerbeats3 measure much better than many wired phones, including famous ones by Shure, Westone, 1more etc. I am not expressing my subjective opinion here, just look at the numbers, FR curves etc. Of course Powerbeats are not wire free since they’ve still got a cable connecting each other. But they do not keep you attached to your device at all times...Beats’ sound quality after Apple acquisition has been much higher than the one of Apple’s own buds...

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #660 of 709
I do listen to a lot of Lez Zep, but don't know much about solo violas. As far as Airpods on the metro... well that's pretty obvious. I have other earphones for different scenarios, but more often than not I grab the Airpods 'cause they're quick and easy and improve my quality of life.
I understand that the more obsessive of us have different standards, but the Airpods have a comfortable place in the way I live my life.

Exactly! AirPods are convenient, quick and easy, as you put it! But for music enjoyment and high quality audio, you need more alternatives... Apple has to come up with something more in the future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back