Airpods pro
Nov 23, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #271 of 527
IMHO uggliest earphones in the world. And, as all Apple products, way overpiced. Just for their fanbois. Meh.
I understand that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. You may find the APP as the ugliest and I understand that. However, can you tell me why is it overpriced? I mean can you tell me a truly wireless earbud that can do better than the airpods pro and is priced a lot cheaper?

Nov 23, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #272 of 527
After using them for over one week they continue to really impress me. I haven't missed my Bose NC 700 at all. They are just much more convenient to use due to the size and they don't mess with your hair. I find the ANC to just stupidly good considering these are vented in-ears that doesn't even go that deep inside your ear. They are so tiny, and still they are able to fit microphones making them capable to give me 95% of the ANC of my Bose NC 700. That is incredible to me.

The ANC have some huge benefits as well. They don't seem to get affected by the regular drawbacks of ANC at all. I have no issue with wind, and I don't get feedback while jogging/running. The Bose NC 700 did improve when it comes to wind, but they are still affected and they are downright horrible for jogging/running due to the feedback it makes with ANC enabled. None of this is happening with the AirPods Pro.

The Transparency Mode is impressive as well. The mode on the Sony WH-1000XM3 when I tested those was not very convincing. When you enabled transparency everything sounded really metallic. The Bose NC 700 are better on the transparency but the AirPods Pro does it even better. And all this from these tiny earpieces. And because of the vented design when you have transparency enabled it almost (just almost, not quite) feels like you have nothing in your ears.

The microphones are working rather good for voice calls. Much better than the WH-1000XM3, and just as good as the Bose NC 700 but they are more sensitive to noise and wind compared to the regular AirPods and Bose NC 700. So in less than ideal scenarios they become rather useless.

The only thing I have had issues with the first few days was getting accustomed to remembering to have the charging case with me at all times. I forgot to bring it home from work one day and as there are no way to manually turn them off the battery was at 5% when going to work the next day and lasted just a few minutes.

I also have some issues with the earpieces slowly being pushed out of my ears. Especially if I'm eating, talking or whatever (moving my mouth basically) they become loose and when they get loose the ANC is barely working. You need to have a seal for it to work. I'm using the medium sized ear-tips, perhaps I should try to use the small ones? Or would the smaller ones just get pushed out even more easily?

I was somewhat sceptical about the battery life. But so far it has never been an issue for me. I'm never using them for 5 hours straight without putting them in the charging case and they charge so quickly that even as I use them in bed at night and fall a sleep so the battery is almost drain when I wake up they are always at around 90-100% before I leave the house in the morning regardless. The small design makes them good for use in bed as well. Not ideal, my Shure SE846 that goes deeps into my ear and doesn't have this much outside my ears are more comfortable but they are much better than using headphones or using the WF-1000XM3.

Sound quality is good. They don't sound as good as my Shure SE846 while laying in bed, but the difference isn't big enough for me to care. Especially considering the scenarios where I use my AirPods Pro is on my commutes to work, and when doing various house shores at home the quality is more than capable enough for me to not really notice much of a difference compared to using my Shure SE846. When I sit down to really listen to something I'm going to use my Sennheiser HD 800 and Hegel HD12 DAC anyway.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #273 of 527
After using them for over one week they continue to really impress me. I haven't missed my Bose NC 700 at all. They are just much more convenient to use due to the size and they don't mess with your hair. I find the ANC to just stupidly good considering these are vented in-ears that doesn't even go that deep inside your ear. They are so tiny, and still they are able to fit microphones making them capable to give me 95% of the ANC of my Bose NC 700. That is incredible to me.

The ANC have some huge benefits as well. They don't seem to get affected by the regular drawbacks of ANC at all. I have no issue with wind, and I don't get feedback while jogging/running. The Bose NC 700 did improve when it comes to wind, but they are still affected and they are downright horrible for jogging/running due to the feedback it makes with ANC enabled. None of this is happening with the AirPods Pro.

The Transparency Mode is impressive as well. The mode on the Sony WH-1000XM3 when I tested those was not very convincing. When you enabled transparency everything sounded really metallic. The Bose NC 700 are better on the transparency but the AirPods Pro does it even better. And all this from these tiny earpieces. And because of the vented design when you have transparency enabled it almost (just almost, not quite) feels like you have nothing in your ears.

The microphones are working rather good for voice calls. Much better than the WH-1000XM3, and just as good as the Bose NC 700 but they are more sensitive to noise and wind compared to the regular AirPods and Bose NC 700. So in less than ideal scenarios they become rather useless.

The only thing I have had issues with the first few days was getting accustomed to remembering to have the charging case with me at all times. I forgot to bring it home from work one day and as there are no way to manually turn them off the battery was at 5% when going to work the next day and lasted just a few minutes.

I also have some issues with the earpieces slowly being pushed out of my ears. Especially if I'm eating, talking or whatever (moving my mouth basically) they become loose and when they get loose the ANC is barely working. You need to have a seal for it to work. I'm using the medium sized ear-tips, perhaps I should try to use the small ones? Or would the smaller ones just get pushed out even more easily?

I was somewhat sceptical about the battery life. But so far it has never been an issue for me. I'm never using them for 5 hours straight without putting them in the charging case and they charge so quickly that even as I use them in bed at night and fall a sleep so the battery is almost drain when I wake up they are always at around 90-100% before I leave the house in the morning regardless. The small design makes them good for use in bed as well. Not ideal, my Shure SE846 that goes deeps into my ear and doesn't have this much outside my ears are more comfortable but they are much better than using headphones or using the WF-1000XM3.

Sound quality is good. They don't sound as good as my Shure SE846 while laying in bed, but the difference isn't big enough for me to care. Especially considering the scenarios where I use my AirPods Pro is on my commutes to work, and when doing various house shores at home the quality is more than capable enough for me to not really notice much of a difference compared to using my Shure SE846. When I sit down to really listen to something I'm going to use my Sennheiser HD 800 and Hegel HD12 DAC anyway.

Nice Review. I totally agree with everything you said. The convenience and the not so bad sound quality makes you use your airpods pro more. Hence, the Airpods Pro became your most valuable and most used headphones.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #274 of 527

Use the airpods pro with a case and a caribiner and just hook it up to your belt like a car key so you wont forget it. Also, it is the most convenient way of carrying it. You can easily take it off from the case with the right technique. I bet you already know how if you watched some youtube videos tips and tricks.

Nov 23, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #276 of 527
IMHO uggliest earphones in the world. And, as all Apple products, way overpiced. Just for their fanbois. Meh.
Personally not a fanboi myself, but I'm somebody that sees good design if I see one.

It may seem pricy if comparing as an typical TW, but if seeing it interms of practicality with ANC and the small sized design, it does distinguish itself. Good ANC in itself is pricy anf I hope does become more common and comes doesn in price. I haven't seen a Chinese iem maker create a good ANC yet.

Using APP at the noisy gym I realized how well I hear with them in noisy situation compared to something with good seal that reduces noise, which isn't as effective as ANC.

Noise causes stress due to not being able to makeout what we need to hear. You strain your brain trying to figure out the sounds. That can cause fitigue as well.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #277 of 527
Personally not a fanboi myself, but I'm somebody that sees good design if I see one.

It may seem pricy if comparing as an typical TW, but if seeing it interms of practicality with ANC and the small sized design, it does distinguish itself. Good ANC in itself is pricy anf I hope does become more common and comes doesn in price. I haven't seen a Chinese iem maker create a good ANC yet.

Using APP at the noisy gym I realized how well I hear with them in noisy situation compared to something with good seal that reduces noise, which isn't as effective as ANC.

Noise causes stress due to not being able to makeout what we need to hear. You strain your brain trying to figure out the sounds. That can cause fitigue as well.

Well said... I can't think of any TW with ANC that can match the airpods overall package (that includes the price). The Sony WF-1000XM3 is I think the closest but still lags behind comfort, tiny package, lag free connection, microphone quality, etc. Still, for me, APP beats Sony hands down in terms of overall package. The only thing Sony is better is with the sound quality but only by a small margin. APP pros outweighs the cons.

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #278 of 527
Well said... I can't think of any TW with ANC that can match the airpods overall package (that includes the price). The Sony WF-1000XM3 is I think the closest but still lags behind comfort, tiny package, lag free connection, microphone quality, etc. Still, for me, APP beats Sony hands down in terms of overall package. The only thing Sony is better is with the sound quality but only by a small margin. APP pros outweighs the cons.
My other TW I own is 65t and it has been my gym iem for a long time. There has been much connectivity issues I've run into over time. Signal connection must not be all that strong if my body obstructs and the signal cuts off intermitently.

Since I had issue with signal cutting off with phone in my pocket and laying on the mat with my front side on the mat with the phone sandwiched. The 65t would stuggle with signal connection, and becomes cut off. It did the same when I turned my head and my body was obstructing the signal path (this was at an Airport and likely signal interferences contribute). I just realized another reason that would contribute is the master and slave system of only one earpiece communicating with the phone.

AirPods Pro has no such issue, and signal is strong up to it's limit in distance. Signal quality is another aspect that should improve over time.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #279 of 527
Audiophiles insisting a consumer audio device is overpriced ...

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #280 of 527
My other TW I own is 65t and it has been my gym iem for a long time. There has been much connectivity issues I've run into over time. Signal connection must not be all that strong if my body obstructs and the signal cuts off intermitently.

Since I had issue with signal cutting off with phone in my pocket and laying on the mat with my front side on the mat with the phone sandwiched. The 65t would stuggle with signal connection, and becomes cut off. It did the same when I turned my head and my body was obstructing the signal path (this was at an Airport and likely signal interferences contribute). I just realized another reason that would contribute is the master and slave system of only one earpiece communicating with the phone.

AirPods Pro has no such issue, and signal is strong up to it's limit in distance. Signal quality is another aspect that should improve over time.
Yes. Airpods Pro's signal is extremely good. I can leave my phone inside my room and go out the house without cutting off signal. pretty amazing if you ask me.

Nov 23, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #281 of 527
Yes. Airpods Pro's signal is extremely good. I can leave my phone inside my room and go out the house without cutting off signal. pretty amazing if you ask me.
Yeah, you just pointed out what is actually going on. It must be that the signal works well though obstructions. As far as range, it has as far of a range that BT allows, would be cool if range can get further for usage inside big buildings for example. Would be cool if you can go outside of the house in a really long range.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #282 of 527
After flying today I’m less impressed with the ANC than I was with home noise tests against the Sony WF. However this time the comparison was with B&O H9i, which aren’t normally known for great ANC. The H9i quite obviously blocked much more noise, but given the size and being a 1st gen product, I’m still quite impressed with the ANC of the APP. It certainly didn’t make me regret selling the Sonys as soon as I got the APP.

The b&o h9i is second generation not first. First generation is h9, second generation is h9i and third generation is come out this year and is name is h9 3 gen.

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:30 PM Post #283 of 527
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I was referring to the APP as 1st generation.

Nov 23, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #284 of 527
I find the bass to be pretty acceptable on these - if, once they’re in my ears, I push them down (rather than in) - I find it to be perfectly adequate, not overblown or weedy...

I don’t mind them at all, they sound more linear to me than something like the RHA T20 - they’re my favourite pair of TW IEMs... not too ashamed to admit that (using Amazon Music HD just in case the source makes all the difference)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back