AirPods Max
Dec 22, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #1,322 of 5,629
FYI - these are going in and out of stock at various retailers for those looking to get it sooner. Best Buy currently has it available to order without an estimated delivery date, though I assume it would ship quicker than Apple.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #1,323 of 5,629
Dec 22, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #1,327 of 5,629
I know right? I even downgraded from the LCD-2 to the TH-X00 as well. What was I thinking?!?

Downgraded being the important word there! :p

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #1,328 of 5,629
Hmm. Is it weird that I am finding myself too attached to my LCD2C and Schiit stack to sell it? I don’t usually get sentimental about tech but I don’t wanna sell it. And I don’t want to return my APM. And I don’t need 2 sets of over ear cans.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #1,329 of 5,629
Hmm. Is it weird that I am finding myself too attached to my LCD2C and Schiit stack to sell it? I don’t usually get sentimental about tech but I don’t wanna sell it. And I don’t want to return my APM. And I don’t need 2 sets of over ear cans.

What did you do for audio on the move before your APM? Many people own a wireless headphone and desktop setup, they are very different things to me, can you not keep both?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #1,330 of 5,629

Do you find yourself liking one more than the other in any particular genre? Or across all genres? It’s tough to get rid of headphones when it offers something another doesn’t. Do they both offer something in sound the other doesn’t? Forget convenience for a moment.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #1,331 of 5,629
why not keep both setups?
I'm sure a majority of head-fiers have more than one setup.

Dec 22, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #1,332 of 5,629
I know right? I even downgraded from the LCD-2 to the TH-X00 as well. What was I thinking?!?
If you look at Crinacles headphones list you'll see price isn't exactly a reference for sound quality. Many much higher priced headphones are rated lower than the supposed overpriced Airpods Max (B-)
https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/
This list ranks headphones as an average for tonal balance and technicalities, not sure though if this also represents his own (guilty) pleasure.
I understand why for instance the NightHawks are rated low (C), their tonal balance is rather weid, but I love their sound. It could be that crinacle has a favorite pair that is ranked relatively low on his own list.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #1,333 of 5,629
Upcoming live Q&A, at 8:00 PM EST, with a reviewer who had praise before of the APM in the noise cancelling category...

Unethical YouTubers, AirPods Max Questions Answered, Apple Car and iPhone 13 Rumors

Yes, I realize by the spectrum of products he covers he sounds like a fanboy or something, but it may still interest people to hear.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,334 of 5,629
If you look at Crinacles headphones list you'll see price isn't exactly a reference for sound quality. Many much higher priced headphones are rated lower than the supposed overpriced Airpods Max (B-)
https://crinacle.com/rankings/headphones/
This list ranks headphones as an average for tonal balance and technicalities, not sure though if this also represents his own (guilty) pleasure.
I understand why for instance the NightHawks are rated low (C), their tonal balance is rather weid, but I love their sound. It could be that crinacle has a favorite pair that is ranked relatively low on his own list.

Interesting that he grades the Panda worse than the APM. Granted there may be some preference playing a role in his grading scheme.

Dec 22, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #1,335 of 5,629
Interesting that he grades the Panda worse than the APM. Granted there may be some preference playing a role in his grading scheme.

And look at how inconsistent pricing is across headphones down the ranks. I wonder too how different the order would be for any one of us trying all these headphones on the list according to his grading criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back