AirPods Max
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #1,292 of 5,629
So these are the best sounding BT ANC headphones you can buy, cool. My problem with that is that they suck at everything else you might buy BT headphones for: portability, convenience, comfort. If you're not supposed to take them out of your living room why the heck do they have to be wireless in the first place?
This only makes sense in the Apple ecosystem where wired headphones are not a thing.

Also, LUL at spending $550 on headphones with a Lightning port in 2020

Have you tried them?

For me they are very comfortable and I would have no issues taking out of my house

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #1,293 of 5,629
So these are the best sounding BT ANC headphones you can buy, cool. My problem with that is that they suck at everything else you might buy BT headphones for: portability, convenience, comfort. If you're not supposed to take them out of your living room why the heck do they have to be wireless in the first place?
This only makes sense in the Apple ecosystem where wired headphones are not a thing.

You are acting very snooty to wireless gears you must be an "Audiophile".

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #1,294 of 5,629
He can be critical in some videos sure. But his main income stream on youtube is showcasing apple products. And the products he uses are apple. Even if he is dissatisfied with certain apple products he continues to use them. He certainly isn't going out of his way to influence people out of the ecosystem. Nor is he providing comprehensive videos of alternate brands and alternate products.

I don't know how many apple videos by him you watching before but he's very critical many times before of apple products and/or features, like iPhones and MacBooks.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,295 of 5,629
Yes, this is true. The only problem I can seeing with his review is that at the end of the video he's saying: "It is my opinion that save perhaps for the $800 b&o h95, the APM are the best bt headphones with ANC you can buy."

That seems to be a fair opinion. ANC BT is the actual frame of reference for these cans. Of course you can always ask what is "best" - SQ, ANC, looks, price, price/performance ratio, coolness factor, the list is long.

Worth to remember that if a gadget is full of functions one never uses, it's a waste of money from the user's point of view. If I never use them to watch a movie, that spatial wizardry is useless (and a waste of money for me to be included) Or if I never need ANC it's wasted. (refer to the Dali io4 vs io6 - same cans, except for the ANC, and the difference is 100€)

Comparing the APM to HD6xx is just silly (apples bs oranges), even more so to HD800 or similar.

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #1,297 of 5,629
He can be critical in some videos sure. But his main income stream on youtube is showcasing apple products. And the products he uses are apple. Even if he is dissatisfied with certain apple products he continues to use them. He certainly isn't going out of his way to influence people out of the ecosystem. Nor is he providing comprehensive videos of alternate brands and alternate products.

I think maybe I'm one of the very few owners of APM in this thread more critical of some aspects of the APM even after I mentioning clearly some good/excellent aspects/features and I even receiving some not very good replies (or insults even) from other people. So, even when I'm in apple ecosystem, I'm NOT apple fanboy or fanboy of any brand or high price. But please don't taking my comment wrong, I really think you're being extremely critical or negative of this product, and losing impartiality, even when some impressions or YT videos are more fair/balanced. Some people making money in YT, yes, but some people having much more credibility than others people. And the same here, people not making money here and having little or more credibility than others people.

I still thinking some people are defending the APM very blindly.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,298 of 5,629
That seems to be a fair opinion. ANC BT is the actual frame of reference for these cans. Of course you can always ask what is "best" - SQ, ANC, looks, price, price/performance ratio, coolness factor, the list is long.

Worth to remember that if a gadget is full of functions one never uses, it's a waste of money from the user's point of view. If I never use them to watch a movie, that spatial wizardry is useless (and a waste of money for me to be included) Or if I never need ANC it's wasted. (refer to the Dali io4 vs io6 - same cans, except for the ANC, and the difference is 100€)

Comparing the APM to HD6xx is just silly (apples bs oranges), even more so to HD800 or similar.

I'm sorry but my comment in my post that you quoting is sarcastic. When I watching the video, that I think is very fair, is a surprise for me that at the end he mentioning the b&o h95 and is saying that in his opinion is the best bt ANC headphone, then is coming the APM. I mentioning from my first impressions the day of release, one week ago, that the h95 is better for me not only in SQ but other aspects. My posts are normally ignored in this thread even when I mentioning my audio experience.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,299 of 5,629
yes no problem. i don't take your comment wrong.

I do feel, like you do, that some people are defending the APM blindly. And I've noticed that the majority of posters in this thread are in the apple ecosystem, so some will have a vested interest to accept and be happy enough with what apple brings them.

Sometimes when you are in the minority you have to be a bit noisy to make an impact... so people will engage in a bit more critical thinking.

If I can make people think twice about certain aspects, then my job is done :)

I think maybe I'm one of the very few owners of APM in this thread more critical of some aspects of the APM even after I mentioning clearly some good/excellent aspects/features and I even receiving some not very good replies (or insults even) from other people. So, even when I'm in apple ecosystem, I'm NOT apple fanboy or fanboy of any brand or high price. But please don't taking my comment wrong, I really think you're being extremely critical or negative of this product, and losing impartiality, even when some impressions or YT videos are more fair/balanced. Some people making money in YT, yes, but some people having much more credibility than others people. And the same here, people not making money here and having little or more credibility than others people.

I still thinking some people are defending the APM very blindly.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #1,300 of 5,629
But...he has real hifi gear. He has a room furnished wall to wall for listening to music. Speakers. Tube amps. Two arm-lengths of open back wired hifi headphones. If he’s not allowed to be an audiophile, who is?

"b but he has real hifi gear"?, Honestly, that means nothing, people keep using this as an excuse for credibility when it comes to critical listening, look at Tyll, he owned barely anything, left to live the hippy life with a couple of cheap BT cans under his arms, but he had experience and skill when it came to accessing headphones and audio. I have a stack of headphones and speakers, that might make me an audiophile but it certainly doesn't make me a skilled headphone or speaker reviewer, honestly, I don't get why people don't understand that there is a genuine skill involved in being able to convey into words what they hear, it's an art form, one that I envy, and on top of that to be able to do it objectively.

How do you personally judge someone's capability to review or access audio? Do you have any particular people you follow in the audiophile world?

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #1,301 of 5,629
"b but he has real gifi gear"?, Honestly, that means nothing, people keep using this as an excuse for credibility when it comes to critical listening, look at Tyll, he owned barely anything, left to live the hippy life with a couple of cheap BT cans under his arms, but he had experience and skill when it came to accessing headphones and audio. I have a stack of headphones and speakers, that might make me an audiophile but it certainly doesn't make me a skilled headphone or speaker reviewer, honestly, I don't get why people don't understand that there is a genuine skill involved in being able to convey into words what they hear, it's an art form, one that I envy, and on top of that to be able to do it objectively.

How do you personally judge someone's capability to review or access audio? Do you have any particular people you follow in the audiophile world?

For me Tyll is the best. Period. Yes, he don't owning this or that, you and I don't know this, BUT he having access to the very best of headphones for many years and spending a lot of time with this. If other true audiophiles doing the same ("left to live the hippy life"), they too probably choosing similar audio gear because of the living conditions they having. I know, for example, that I definitely taking my normal AirPods if I "left to live the hippy life".

Yes, is true, that very expensive audiophile gear isn't making you 'true' audiophile, but you can't easily saying the contrary. From the way he analysing the products he is reviewing, I think he probably, in the very minimum, really paying attention to good audio quality.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #1,302 of 5,629

you created an account just to post that?

I take them outside to my patio and walk around. I can throw them in my bag and head into the office if I need to.
I don't understand the convenience factor. They are convenient for my use. They're definitely more comfortable than my ZMF.
The case does suck though.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #1,303 of 5,629

I've worn them on the go already, they work fine for that use. No issues with comfort at all. For the most part those complaining of comfort either feel weight reigns king or feel the headphones have too much clamping force. For the former, they forget that pressure is what causes discomfort on the top of the head and although weight does influence pressure, surface area is probably more important (it's very easy to reduce pressure 5-fold using surface area but nearly impossible to do the same using weight). It's also useful to note that the APM only weigh 0.2 oz more than the Drop Panda; since I put a headband cover on my Drop (due to comfort issues) they're actually lighter by 0.7 oz now. For the latter, that actually is an issue for some, but also common among lots of portables (and this aspect can get better over time as the headband stretches).

Regarding convenience, that's the main reason why I bought them. Just put them on and press the crown and you're playing music. No need to plug in, no need to turn on, no need to connect.

Dec 22, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #1,304 of 5,629
Maybe "audiophile" is just an illusion. There is no "audiophile".
I know one thing this year and I'm getting Audiophat. There is alot of Audiophallacy here peppered with some Audiophact. Someday, in the Audiosphere we'll all be able to Audioflect upon our agreements and disagreements with a warm Audiophlection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back