AirPods Max
Jul 21, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #4,636 of 5,629
Bummer! Ha! I wish I felt the same about the APM's as you do. I'll keep my opinion quiet from here on, though.
I don‘t think you should, differing opinions and points of view are critical to avoid group think echo chambers. If people don’t want to hear your thoughts, they‘re free to ignore them 👍🏻

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #4,637 of 5,629
I have a question about the used source for songs in dolby atmos compared to lossless. I thought the source of both versions would be equal, but when you listen to Billie Eilishs „Bury a friend“ For example. The lossless version starts with the spoken „Billie“, in the dolby atmos version, the song starts without this spoken „Billie“.

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #4,638 of 5,629
I have a question about the used source for songs in dolby atmos compared to lossless. I thought the source of both versions would be equal, but when you listen to Billie Eilishs „Bury a friend“ For example. The lossless version starts with the spoken „Billie“, in the dolby atmos version, the song starts without this spoken „Billie“.
The Atmos version is a completely different mix. So they should be different. How different depends though.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #4,640 of 5,629
In the jazz genre Hank Mobleys “The Turnaround” is also a pleasure to listen to with Dolby atmos.

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #4,642 of 5,629
There are some too good tobe true sales currently in UK from eTailers i have never come across. Under £400.
Suspicious
If it’s not an authorized retailer I wouldn’t bite. Fake AirPods and AirPods Pro are already a thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if fake AirPods Max were already produced.

Jul 23, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #4,643 of 5,629
If it’s not an authorized retailer I wouldn’t bite. Fake AirPods and AirPods Pro are already a thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if fake AirPods Max were already produced.

It’s probably a good deal harder to manufacture a convincing copy of the APM I think. The manufacturing processes are quite advanced and the tolerancing must have been a nightmare to solve.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #4,644 of 5,629
It’s probably a good deal harder to manufacture a convincing copy of the APM I think. The manufacturing processes are quite advanced and the tolerancing must have been a nightmare to solve.
You really just need to get a good copy of the outside. The interior can be crap... Like the detaching headband wouldn't need to be implemented for example. Just get a headband that looks right and the machined housing and you're already there.

Jul 23, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #4,645 of 5,629
You really just need to get a good copy of the outside. The interior can be crap... Like the detaching headband wouldn't need to be implemented for example. Just get a headband that looks right and the machined housing and you're already there.

I’m not certain that it’s that easy to get the exterior to look right. The fabric parts for example, built to quite amazing tolerances and peculiar materials. I’m not sure that the APM is an ideal target for counterfeiting given how much money you’d need to pour to get something convincing vs. easier targets (such as the APP or Beats).

Jul 23, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #4,646 of 5,629
I’m not certain that it’s that easy to get the exterior to look right. The fabric parts for example, built to quite amazing tolerances and peculiar materials. I’m not sure that the APM is an ideal target for counterfeiting given how much money you’d need to pour to get something convincing vs. easier targets (such as the APP or Beats).
They don't need to meet those tolerances though. Cut corners and get something close and they're good to go. It doesn't even have to feel the same. Though with time they'll also get better.

Jul 23, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #4,649 of 5,629
I don’t think they are fake, but more likely second hand or refurbished.
Second hand would make sense at that price. I thought they were advertised as new. Best Buy had their refurbs listed at 495. I honestly wouldn't trust a refurb unless it came from Apple (or was an Apple refurb being sold second hand).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back