AirPods Max
Mar 4, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #3,466 of 5,629
I do not find the APM overpriced anymore, after owning them. I used to think so but i was wrong. They are indeed unique. You are right about that.
Oh. Sorry. No idea you thought that some time ago. I hope it didn’t come off like I was criticizing you specifically or something.

I’m just chilling with some drinks and writing some light hearted jabs at critics all around the place :p

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #3,468 of 5,629
I do not find the APM overpriced anymore, after owning them. I used to think so but i was wrong. They are indeed unique. You are right about that.

Edit: i was also complaining for their heaviness, before trying them 😄. But they are actually the most comfortable headphone i have ever used, and i have tried many. How they made a so heavy headphone to be so comfortable on my head and ears and actually forget having it on my head, is really beyond me!! I never expected to say these words, but here i am...
I do wish the ear cups were larger though… spoiled by the 800s spaciousness haha…

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #3,469 of 5,629
I do wish the ear cups were larger though… spoiled by the 800s spaciousness haha…

In depth or height/width? Height and width might have some portability issues if they get too large that way. Depth wouldn’t be a bad idea to add. I’m sure third parties will be at it soon enough to do their own thing. I wonder if someone like Vesper would make a custom pad for the APM.

Mar 4, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #3,470 of 5,629
For sure, but only with the APM i found zero latency on midi notes playing. No other wireless headphone. I have tried the Senn momentum 3, Bose 700 etc and they are all unusable for music production.

I’m curious, do the APP have much latency for that work? Besides watching Netflix videos, I rarely care about about latency :p

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:17 PM Post #3,471 of 5,629
No, somehow in this stupid subjective world, the APM are TOO expensive at $550.

It doesn’t matter if you can’t find the APM sound anywhere else and you’re willing to pay that much. Because it doesn’t have the qualities of some other $300 headphone, it means the APM’s unique qualities are overpriced.

There are headphones that cost $1000+ that some people love and some people hate? Well...uhh...the APM are still overpriced because I said so!

EDIT: I don’t even know if this post makes sense in the conversation. I saw a statement about high prices in this hobby and it triggered me to rant about how those people who feel APM are overpriced are the people who don’t even like the APM much. If someone loves something and can’t find it cheaper, then I’m sorry the critics don’t hear it - but that makes it worth it for the interested crowd!
I think the two things I kept hearing about this were that 1) it doesn’t have a hinge and 2) it’s case was pathetic. To be honest, if those are what you need to nitpick regarding value, then... Well it kind of speaks for itself. The other thing that kept coming up was that it was compared to the Sony and Bose when they were on sale for the holiday season (Both closer to the 280-300 dollar price point). There were also those that expected them to sound like a 500 dollar pair of cans with Apple handing you all the tech, ANC, and transparency features free of charge.

I will admit, I kind of feel like Apple priced them slightly high, but not exorbitantly high where people would regret the purchase. I know I definitely don’t.

Regarding price, I feel like there are two crowds:
  1. Your missing features X, Y, and Z. But the price is a lot more fair.
  2. You’re way overpriced. But have every feature under the sun.
Apple rarely makes products that fit #2, but the APM is such a product, it literally ticks just about every box you can have for features (I think EQ is the only thing it’s missing).

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:19 PM Post #3,472 of 5,629
In depth or height/width? Height and width might have some portability issues if they get too large that way. Depth wouldn’t be a bad idea to add. I’m sure third parties will be at it soon enough to do their own thing. I wonder if someone like Vesper would make a custom pad for the APM.
True. I had thought about height, width and depth haha… But you’re right, I’m so used to only wearing them on my head and not actually transporting them in my bag that I neglected portability although that is a good thing right? They’re on my head! Probably depth then… my ears go up against the insides of the cups.

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #3,473 of 5,629
I think the two things I kept hearing about this were that 1) it doesn’t have a hinge and 2) it’s case was pathetic. To be honest, if those are what you need to nitpick regarding value, then... Well it kind of speaks for itself. The other thing that kept coming up was that it was compared to the Sony and Bose when they were on sale for the holiday season (Both closer to the 280-300 dollar price point). There were also those that expected them to sound like a 500 dollar pair of cans with Apple handing you all the tech, ANC, and transparency features free of charge.

I will admit, I kind of feel like Apple priced them slightly high, but not exorbitantly high where people would regret the purchase. I know I definitely don’t.

Regarding price, I feel like there are two crowds:
  1. Your missing features X, Y, and Z. But the price is a lot more fair.
  2. You’re way overpriced. But have every feature under the sun.
Apple rarely makes products that fit #2, but the APM is such a product, it literally ticks just about every box you can have for features (I think EQ is the only thing it’s missing).
I don’t mean to judge too harsh if anyone feels something is priced one way or another for them and how they feel about what they’re getting out of it.

How much we personally are willing to pay for qualities we can’t find elsewhere, well that I don’t judge either. So I say, one person’s high price is another’s appropriate price.

Im just not sure which way is up with these things when headphones can range so much in price and yet preferences are all over the place.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #3,474 of 5,629
True. I had thought about height, width and depth haha… But you’re right, I’m so used to only wearing them on my head and not actually transporting them in my bag that I neglected portability although that is a good thing right? They’re on my head! Probably depth then… my ears go up against the insides of the cups.

I can see some people wanting more depth. To be honest though, among portable full-sized, I don’t know of too many other competitors that have deeper pads. The APM’s pads are deceptively deeper than you’d think they are IMO. I do understand some wanting them to be a little deeper though.

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #3,475 of 5,629
I can see some people wanting more depth. To be honest though, among portable full-sized, I don’t know of too many other competitors that have deeper pads. The APM’s pads are deceptively deeper than you’d think they are IMO. I do understand some wanting them to be a little deeper though.
The QC35ii do feel more spacious.. But that probably has more to do with the angled interiors

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #3,476 of 5,629
Yes, but keep in mind that APM is the thinnest headphone i have ever seen on my face! It is the only headphone that does not protrude funnily from the sides of my head and ears. It is so thin but meanwhile never touches my ears. Of course YMMV but appearance wise (important factor for all Apple products), it is very good because it stays flash with your head’s sides And you do not look like astronaut!

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #3,477 of 5,629
I’m curious, do the APP have much latency for that work? Besides watching Netflix videos, I rarely care about about latency :p
APP is exactly the same with APM regarding latency in midi notes playing (near zero on both). But i cannot work with APP on music projects because they lack bass presentation and it is difficult to hear especially the details on drumming parts as well as the space these sounds occupy within a music piece. In synth and rest natural instruments’ sounds APP are ok to be used. But APM is a perfect wireless headphone for music production, no latency and as balanced as it should be, without lacking in depth and details’ presentation.

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #3,478 of 5,629
I've now been using the APM Since late December. I can comfortably say that these phones are exactly what I needed to start selling all the rest of my gear. (I know...crazy)

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #3,479 of 5,629
I've now been using the APM Since late December. I can comfortably say that these phones are exactly what I needed to start selling all the rest of my gear. (I know...crazy)
lol I enjoyed the APM so much it rekindled my love and I restarted my hobby and started picking up headphones.. different effects

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #3,480 of 5,629

lol I enjoyed the APM so much it rekindled my love and I restarted my hobby and started picking up headphones.. different effects

These two posts says alot about APM. They are really good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back