AirPods Max
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #3,421 of 5,629
Unrelated to your post, but seeing how we seem to follow each other around, I fired up my own for the first time in maybe a month… they’re really not too bad, I must admit that I generally prefer a warmer tonal balance, but they are great TV cans

Interesting, I kind of found the APM's midrange too warm for my liking :p Though there is more than one way to get warmth.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #3,422 of 5,629
Interesting, I kind of found the APM's midrange too warm for my liking :p Though there is more than one way to get warmth.
Yeah that’s been a topic of debate in this thread before. I don’t consider the Max Warm. Maybe slightly if at all. Could be that I listened to the B&W PX7 and NAD Viso HP70 for a long time. Those are Warm.

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #3,423 of 5,629
Yeah that’s been a topic of debate in this thread before. I don’t consider the Max Warm. Maybe slightly if at all. Could be that I listened to the B&W PX7 and NAD Viso HP70 for a long time. Those are Warm.

I haven’t heard the PX7. The HP70 has the same warm midrange tilt with some added mid-upper bass to create a thicker sound which is also perceived as warmth too. Lots of ways to create warmth.

Mar 3, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #3,424 of 5,629
I ordered my APM on January 15 from Best Buy and I am still waiting for them to ship. 😕

The estimated shipment date was set for March 12 at the time of purchase and hasn't been adjusted since.

I want my damn headphones! lol

Mar 3, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #3,425 of 5,629
I ordered my APM on January 15 from Best Buy and I am still waiting for them to ship. 😕

The estimated shipment date was set for March 12 at the time of purchase and hasn't been adjusted since.

Strange for USA. Even in Greece you can now find the grey ones everywhere, in any possible retailer. No other colors though, only the grey ones!

Mar 3, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #3,426 of 5,629

In my experiences Best Buy rarely hits its target delivery dates for Apple products. I normally go to them as a last resort if I have to preorder something. They used to give gift cards for late preorders but they stopped doing that.

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #3,429 of 5,629
👍 I love my Apple Card.
Ah, that makes sense. I'm actually doing a 6 month financing through Apple :p

On an unrelated note, I’ve set a new personal milestone with my purchase of the APM: The most money I've ever spent on a pair of headphones. 😜

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #3,431 of 5,629
👍 I love my Apple Card.

On an unrelated note, I’ve set a new personal milestone with my purchase of the APM: The most money I've ever spent on a pair of headphones. 😜

That is a pretty large achievement. When I purchased them, they were mine as well, but only by like 50 bucks (though they weren't the most expensive headphones I'd ever received). Unfortunately since then I've purchased an Ananda BT and Euclid. My wallet doesn't like me too much right now.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:54 PM Post #3,432 of 5,629
My wife gave them to me as a Christmas Present. At least with these new set, I can enjoy them more. Although the Sony IER-Z1R and Sony MDR-Z1R are most expensive ones I have. I've tried more expensive headphones, and the Sony combo satisfies me plenty. Like the Focal Utopia and HD820 I felt were not worth the price. But the AirPods Max have better bluetooth sound than I expected. But so far, the top sounding wireless cans are the Drop Pandas.

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #3,433 of 5,629
My wife gave them to me as a Christmas Present. At least with these new set, I can enjoy them more. Although the Sony IER-Z1R and Sony MDR-Z1R are most expensive ones I have. I've tried more expensive headphones, and the Sony combo satisfies me plenty. Like the Focal Utopia and HD820 I felt were not worth the price. But the AirPods Max have better bluetooth sound than I expected. But so far, the top sounding wireless cans are the Drop Pandas.
The Drop Panda are a very good headphone, I do feel like they are a better sounding headphone overall, despite their darker nature. I've been enjoying the M-200 ANC lately from V-Moda. I may do a 4-way between the APM, M-200 ANC, Panda, and P7 Wireless. Though just my APM and M-200 comparison is taking a while to get written.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #3,435 of 5,629
The Drop Panda are a very good headphone, I do feel like they are a better sounding headphone overall, despite their darker nature. I've been enjoying the M-200 ANC lately from V-Moda. I may do a 4-way between the APM, M-200 ANC, Panda, and P7 Wireless. Though just my APM and M-200 comparison is taking a while to get written.
Tinyman392 i need to ask you something because i really appreciate your deep knowledge in audio; having had the APM for some time now, I couldn’t help comparing them to my APP and even though they both come from the same sound approach school, there is no way i could get on the APP the same depth, sound richness and details of the APM. APP sound actually like a similar and serious copy of the original music’s presentation, but still a copy, nothing like the original. So, does driver’s size still play a so important role in the sound outcome? I mean, even with the computational audio as part of the equation, which supposedly contributes in rectifying some factors, is it still impossible to get the sound fullness of the over ears APM, on the smaller factored APP? Is it still the case that APP style earbuds, are all about convenience and nothing more really? Thanks tinyman392!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back