aiaiai tma-1 studio MIA?
Jun 17, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #91 of 99
Quote:
To bad these phones were a slight disappointment in the end. I've been looking for a pair of full size headphones and the studios tickled my fancy but reading about the sound on HF there definitely seem to be better headphones out there. However my search for info on the studios led me to the tma-1 which I think I'm gonna order soon. I think their more bassy sound signature will provide a nice contrast to my sennheiser IE 80's. 

I mentioned a few post ago how disappointing they were.  Maybe audition the Audio Technica ATH-PRO 700 MKII if bass is your focus?  I also owned M-Audio Q40s which has some of the best bass I ever heard and the overall sound was good, but they were sibilant to my ears which is why I returned them.  For a last, and IMO best, option since  I have listened to both the TMA-1 and V-Moda M-80 which are both in the same price range.  The M-80 is the hands-down winner.  The full range is there, nice bass extension, the most non-fatiguing headphone  I have ever worn.  Vocals are accurate and smooth as silk.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #92 of 99
Quote:
I mentioned a few post ago how disappointing they were.  Maybe audition the Audio Technica ATH-PRO 700 MKII if bass is your focus?  I also owned M-Audio Q40s which has some of the best bass I ever heard and the overall sound was good, but they were sibilant to my ears which is why I returned them.  For a last, and IMO best, option since  I have listened to both the TMA-1 and V-Moda M-80 which are both in the same price range.  The M-80 is the hands-down winner.  The full range is there, nice bass extension, the most non-fatiguing headphone  I have ever worn.  Vocals are accurate and smooth as silk.

Edit: Thanks for the tip but I think I've decided on the TMA-1's. No use scouring for THE ultimate headphone when you already want one that seems good, and since everyone is probably gonna end up recommending different 'phones just to make the decision process even harder. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #93 of 99
I think you've got the right idea, TonyHarding, because if you wait to hear everyone's opinion on which headphone to buy you'll never find a good consensus. For what it's worth, I own and love the original TMA-1 and think you've made a fine choice.

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #94 of 99
Hi All

We at AIAIAI have decided to create a profile here at head-fi. We have obviously been reading your thorough reviews and opinions for some time and really appreciate all your interest and often nice words.
Now, we think it could be interesting to have the option to sometimes engage in a dialogue about your opinions and learn from your experiences. W
We know that this is a user forum, so please let us know if you dont like the idea of brands intruding and we will remove our profile asap.

We hope you will welcome us as we would very much like to build on our vision by engaging users even more in the stuff we do.

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #95 of 99
Quote:
I think you've got the right idea, TonyHarding, because if you wait to hear everyone's opinion on which headphone to buy you'll never find a good consensus. For what it's worth, I own and love the original TMA-1 and think you've made a fine choice.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to receiving them! 

Quote:
Hi All

We at AIAIAI have decided to create a profile here at head-fi. We have obviously been reading your thorough reviews and opinions for some time and really appreciate all your interest and often nice words.
Now, we think it could be interesting to have the option to sometimes engage in a dialogue about your opinions and learn from your experiences. W
We know that this is a user forum, so please let us know if you dont like the idea of brands intruding and we will remove our profile asap.

We hope you will welcome us as we would very much like to build on our vision by engaging users even more in the stuff we do.

I think you are fine regarding the "intruding" question. From my time at the forums there are several different brands here at head fi who have their own profiles to promote new products (I think, or at least posting news about them), maybe even do a competition and respond to user questions and such, so I don't think anyone will mind your presence here. So yeah welcome! 

Jun 20, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #96 of 99
Quote:
Hi All

A good example of how to communicate with your customers and fans is Val Kolton, the CEO of V-MODA.

He often comes online to talk with fans about the development of new headphones, what they want in the headphones, what they can do without, etc etc. He currently is finishing up an "open source" headphone project, the M-100's, from V-MODA. Throughout the entire process, he asked Head-fi what they'd like, for everything from the drivers, to colors. 

I will let the owners of TMA-1 Studios tell you more about their experiences though, and help you out with that.

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #97 of 99
Quote:
Hi All

I am a tma1 studio owner and I would like too share my feedback, are you going too make a new thread or is this thread good?

Jun 21, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #98 of 99
Quote:
Hi All

It's always nice to hear from the product owners/reps. I'm sure you'll appreciate user feedback as well, especially here at Head-Fi.

I'm not an owner of an Aiaiai product yet, but the TMA-1 has always been on the horizon. I love the dark sound signature, and I was hoping the Studios would capture that sound in a larger format.

Btw, welcome in. :)

Jun 29, 2012 at 5:54 PM Post #99 of 99
Ok. I have only 5 hours of listening with these, but I could not help myself to keep from posting a quick follow up.  First I ran some low frequency sweeps and long full spectrum frequency burn in tracks from the XLO Reference Tone Cd.  This is what I usually do when I ever get a new pair of cans.  I then played a high frequency tone sweep and then let them sit for about 5 minutes then started jamming.  For my curiosity on how these would perform, on acoustics against the original Tma-1, I put on a 24-bit 192khz recording of The Eagles, "Hotel California" with eq flat from my Asus Xonar Essence St sound card, and using J River Media Center in Wasapi - Event Style Mode.. and no doubt.  I could already tell these were more neutral and more "acoustic friendly" headphones than that of the original Tma-1's.  But ever since then I have been listening to electronica and ambient music.  Listened to Boards of Canada's, "Music Has the Rights To Children."  Never had such a fun time listening to this album.  And I have heard it a lot.
Based on value alone, I love both earpads this time around.  I am using the pleather ones for their wonderful comfort, but i think the Foam ones isolate a bit better, but a bit less comfortable IMHO.  I still prefer the pleather so far.  I think the extra 50 bux is justified.  The new pads I would have dropped $25.00 on alone.  And the more neutral sound makes all the difference with more varieties of music.  I have not stumbled upon one genre I did not like, or love, so far.  Great job, AIAIAI!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back