Aful Performer Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #61 of 515
No disagreement that you can find audio nirvana with cable / IEM (headphone) synergy! But the odds are low, search is long, and cost is high! To each their own, but I think most will get close(er) with EQ, and for a whole lot less…
I have GS849 Penon cable with ISN H50 iem and the sound is thicker and less harsh in all frequencies vs the stock cable. Of course that the cable doesn't change the iem totally but refines it . And sometimes changing the iem is of course a better solution. There are folks which can afford many cables and check what's they found which fits best to the specific iem weaknesses and strengths. About the P8 I asked personally someone who has the P8 and many cables and he said that after checking many cables he found that the stock cable in this specific iem suits best.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #62 of 515
Wow! 3 minutes in and all I can say is WoW!

Just out of an Apple lightning dongle with no EQ this sounds very right. Volume under 25% as well, so very sensitive.

I’m just on my lunch break, so I will have more to say later tonight. But wow, holy moly.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #63 of 515
Jun 6, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #64 of 515
Treble is nice, isn't it?
Yea, that’s one nice part of it. The whole sound 5 minutes in just sound very right. Sounds like exactly my preferred balance of bass, mids, highs.

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #66 of 515

Jun 6, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #67 of 515

Yea. That review has been out for a few days. That one and the “audio in” channel have good videos on them.

I can’t wait to get back home and be able to spend some time with them. Only spent about 10 minutes so far, and I can’t wait to sample some more favorites on them.

Another thing that wowed me was the appearance and small size of them. I can’t believe they have 8 drivers per side, some with over 2 inch long tubes. It’s crazy.

This is the most “molded” set of IEMs I’ve experienced so far too. The way they shape to every curve of the ear is wild.

IMG_0854.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #69 of 515
From the graph it seems that SA6 MKII has more low range than P8. With all that P8 has the DD
From my quick listen the bass is at a good level. And it seems like very good quality bass. I wouldn’t want more.

It’s definitely less bass than my Timeless AE, and more than my ER4SR. It’s probably just a hair more than the Hexa, but I can already tell it’s much better quality bass.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #70 of 515
From my quick listen the bass is at a good level. And it seems like very good quality bass. I wouldn’t want more.

It’s definitely less bass than my Timeless AE, and more than my ER4SR. It’s probably just a hair more than the Hexa, but I can already tell it’s much better quality bass.
I wrote it only because it seems difficult for me that the low BA of SA6 MKII has more than a low DD.

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #71 of 515
I wrote it only because it seems difficult for me that the low BA of SA6 MKII has more than a low DD.
I gotcha. It’s just the way they’re tuned. Not every DD will have more bass quantity than BAs. It is interesting though.

**edit: I’m listening to them again right now. They are awesome! I’ve never heard a dynamic driver in an IEM sound so good. The treble is showing me things I’ve never noticed before. Mids also of course sound great. Just great all around.

I must say, this is definitely the best IEM I’ve tried, and it is the most expensive one I’ve tried so far. My past and current IEMs would be the HiFiMan RE-Zero, Vsonic GR01, Etymotic ER4SR, Truthear Hexa, and the 7Hz Timeless AE. The ER4SR with a little EQ has been my favorite since last September. I can see these taking the top step on the podium long term.

Just like I was hoping, they sound great just on the Apple dongle at under 30% volume and need no EQ. They seem very comfortable so far as well. Isolation isn’t too far behind my ER4SR, and is totally acceptable. It all seems like a win.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #72 of 515
I've been using yellow Spinfits (cp100) on the P8, but I just threw on some JVC Spiral Dots and wow did the sound change! Soundstage is wider! These seem rather tip dependent. Also, using the P8 on my desktop and they scale REALLY well! Give these babies some power and the bass comes alive! :) I use turbo mode on the M8 with the P8. I tried medium gain but there is a loss in dynamics. Listening to some techno and the bass is slamming! Dont let anyone tell you the P8 doesent have bass slam... feed them power and stand back. After all, there are 4 drivers for bass, 1DD and 3 BA. One reviewer said it leans sub bass, but I here sub and mid bass have equal slam...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #73 of 515
I've been using yellow Spinfits (cp100) on the P8, but I just threw on some JVC Spiral Dots and wow did the sound change! Soundstage is wider! These seem rather tip dependent. Also, using the P8 on my desktop and they scale REALLY well! Give these babies some power and the bass comes alive! :)
So far I’m just using the tips that come installed in the box. They fit and feel fine. I do have Dunu S&S tips, and SpinFit W1’s I’ll try eventually too. Still just using the Apple lightning dongle and only needing 20% on the volume dial so I don’t see how having more power on tap is going to add any real value.

A couple hours in and I’m still just blown away with what I’m hearing. These are spectacular. So good.

Jun 6, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #74 of 515
So far I’m just using the tips that come installed in the box. They fit and feel fine. I do have Dunu S&S tips, and SpinFit W1’s I’ll try eventually too. Still just using the Apple lightning dongle and only needing 20% on the volume dial so I don’t see how having more power on tap is going to add any real value.

A couple hours in and I’m still just blown away with what I’m hearing. These are spectacular. So good.
I edited my post with details

Jun 6, 2023 at 7:53 PM Post #75 of 515
I edited my post with details
Even with the dongle I’ll say that they definitely have good bass slam, both sub and mid. It’s the best bass I’ve heard in an IEM for sure. It’s less bass than my Timeless AE, but it’s better bass in every way. To be clear, I’m glad it has less bass than the Timeless AE.

The P8 is the most expensive IEM I’ve tried though. So I can’t compare it to anything else in its price range or better.

Just played some stuff with some loooow bass and these definitely rumble real good. Some stuff by David Torn.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back