Aful Performer Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #31 of 515
I have ordered P8 as well. I don't want more bass than P5, the bass amount is almost perfect, maybe a tiny bit less will be spot on. Will see how noticable the difference will be and if that will make it or break it.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #32 of 515
I have ordered P8 as well. I don't want more bass than P5, the bass amount is almost perfect, maybe a tiny bit less will be spot on. Will see how noticable the difference will be and if that will make it or break it.
Yea. I haven’t heard the 5, but on graphs the bass looks like too much. Without EQ my Timeless AE has too much bass and especially too much warmth as well. On graphs the 8 looks like I should like it.

The only part I’m not sure about is the ear gain/pinna region. It’s not as elevated there as everything I’ve heard or am used to.

The treble looks like it graphs well and many have said that the treble is really great on these.

I like my ER4SR and my Timeless AE each with a very small amount of EQ. My Hexa makes me want to try a better hybrid, so maybe the P8 will be that better hybrid.

I’d also really like to be able to use the P8 just with an Apple lightning dongle, or plugged into my laptop, so with no EQ. I know some people will say it’s crazy to use a $370 hybrid IEM with a $9 dongle, but I’d really like to get away with it.

All will be known in a couple days, and I’ll be back here to tell my take on these.

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #33 of 515
The bass on the P5 is a little bit more than the Timeless OG and I think on par with the Timeless AE. I guess then it could be a little bit too much for your taste, but on the other hand it's so good and satisfying that I really like it although normally it would be a too much for me as well. I'm using the P5 with apple dongle with no issues at all. Don't worry about it. The apple dongle is very good source and the only thing it lacks is power, but it's absolutely sufiecent for P5/8. It has super low output impedance, very good noise floor and great crosstalk. There are a lot more expensive sources with worse measurements than the Apple dongle.

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:33 AM Post #34 of 515
My P8 was just delivered, on a Sunday no less!

Bigger than P5... but my first impression of the sound is that it reminds of the ISN-EST50 with a little less bass. Bass quality and clarity of mids and treble is really great. Soundstage is a little wider than the 5 but still a tad narrow. I feel the bass is better quality on the 8 than the 5.... in terms of quatity i do not feel the 8 is lacking in any area.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 11:39 AM Post #35 of 515
@Jakkal @jasonb I have the P5 and the Timeless AE and the Bass is thicker and fuller on the AE, almost spectacular. The P5, atleast to me, is better separated and clean so the bass comes across "lighter“, despite the graph.
On paper they‘re are similar, but in my case there is a difference in the overall bass presentation.
The Timeless AE are like the darkest hell and the Performer5 are like walking outside on a very hot day.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #36 of 515
My P8 was just delivered, on a Sunday no less!

Bigger than P5... but my first impression of the sound is that it reminds of the ISN-EST50 with a little less bass. Bass quality and clarity of mids and treble is really great

I didn't know that the P8 is bigger, no one mentioned it, good to know. I'm waiting patiently for your further impressions. :L3000:

Jun 4, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #37 of 515
I didn't know that the P8 is bigger, no one mentioned it, good to know. I'm waiting patiently for your further impressions. :L3000:
I love the p8 cant find anything wrong with it, mids are excellent...detailed yet smooth and a bit out front in a good way. Bass is really awesome too; sub bass and midbass seem to have equal slam as I liston to techno House music, , cant complain! And the treble is nicely done. Also great texture and layering!

Jun 4, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #38 of 515
I EQ’ed my Hexa close to the FR of the P8 just to get a taste. Sounds good, but I’m sure the P8 will do it better.

IMG_0840.jpeg

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #41 of 515
Sa6mkii is epic
IMG_0844.jpeg

The P8 may be the way to go for a SA6MK2 with less warmth and less bass. And I guess less air if the graph is accurate above 10khz.

Jun 5, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #44 of 515
In your pasted pic, looks like some of the values were cut off in the bottom. Can you repost?
Those are the only ones I used. The rest were empty so I cropped it out.

I also did this with my Timeless AE and the results were better.

IMG_0847.jpegIMG_0842.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back