Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
Nov 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #211 of 225
Nov 9, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #212 of 225
Nov 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #213 of 225
  Does anyone know if the Impact Audio Cables are balanced or not? Thinking particularly about these https://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/247025988/custom-infinity-series-iem-cable?ref=shop_home_active_1.

send him an email. His name is Lindsay. Really good guy and he will answer you quickly. I purchased his cables last year and I absolutely love them. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #214 of 225
Second photo is Perfect mojo+iphone cable with decoder and no hisss at all.first photo is gold plated copper.and other is silver cable.all of these are for xiaofan company.They are professional in their work And their price is good too.they have 25% discount now.

do you know what is memory wire in chinese. I am looking for a cable and i want to tell the maker, not to make the cable to have memory effect near the connect

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #216 of 225
  Hey guys, I just got a custom Beat Audio Signal cable, its pretty sweet. There is no sound quality differences between this and the stock UE cable (sorry cable believers, you aren't going to convince a physicist that there is anything but placebo sound) however the cable length, quality ect makes me happy with my purchase. Love using it with my nobel audio bts. Whats better is they didn't charge me anything extra for the custom work!

Lol, that moment when you have colleagues who majored in Physics, are Physic profs (Im a psych major too, so placebo effects arent exactly new to me), but we all believe in cable difference in sound even when all (within reasonable limitations) confounds are controlled for. 

kind of shows that even the objectivists are a fractured community in their opinion too haha 

Nov 6, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #217 of 225
I purchase the Lune MKIII de Null Audio,
  • The build quality is great,
    • no microphonics,
    • the cables do not get tangled
    • The ViaBlue connector is pretty
  • The sound is the same,
  • After 2 months of use, the transparent colored wire turned yellow, it is aesthetically ugly, someone knows how I can recover its original color?, I have cleaned the cable with everything I have had at hand but it does not change anything.

Nov 8, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #218 of 225
Here is a nice cable from a new company based in the UK but the cable is from Taiwan, WA Audio 8-wire Liqueur 24awg, very resolving and detailed with a wide and expansive soundstage but still smooth without any harshness.

IMG_20171107_102101-01.jpeg

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #219 of 225
Here is a nice cable from a new company based in the UK but the cable is from Taiwan, WA Audio 8-wire Liqueur 24awg, very resolving and detailed with a wide and expansive soundstage but still smooth without any harshness.

Looks nice, do they have a website (the UK company)?

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #220 of 225
Looks nice, do they have a website (the UK company)?

They have an eBay store I think, I'll try and find it for you. But they have a facebook page (mostly in taiwanese but more english content to come) https://www.facebook.com/WAaudioStore/

One of their new cables coming out called Rum is a copper cable that is quite neutral, detailed and open sounding :D

The one pictured is one of their higher end cables arouns £900, silver gold mix.

This one is silver gold mix too, but only £179, again a bit of a brighter more detailed tilt to the sound:

IMG_20171107_102647-01.jpeg

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #221 of 225
They have an eBay store I think, I'll try and find it for you. But they have a facebook page (mostly in taiwanese but more english content to come) https://www.facebook.com/WAaudioStore/

One of their new cables coming out called Rum is a copper cable that is quite neutral, detailed and open sounding :D

The one pictured is one of their higher end cables arouns £900, silver gold mix.

This one is silver gold mix too, but only £179, again a bit of a brighter more detailed tilt to the sound:

Hi. I'd like to buy that silver/gold cable (£179) .would you say it's smooth sounding?. My iems are warm so won't help if the cable is smooth sounding as with other silver cables.

Jan 7, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #224 of 225
Hi. I'd like to buy that silver/gold cable (£179) .would you say it's smooth sounding?. My iems are warm so won't help if the cable is smooth sounding as with other silver cables.
Before making a decision check out OC Cable Co http://www.originalcable.com/. I posted some pix on JH audio Layla blog. Very reasonably priced, good communication and turnaround time. I actually purchased them for my Noble Audio iems (currently they do not make a cable for JH Layla 4 pin) very nice and they do make a difference. I used two tracks and repeated several times over several days (to eliminate the engineers sugar pill (placebo effect)) listening to soundstage, air and separation, attack, pace tone etc.
I also used highly resolving equipment both desktop and portable.
First testing for microphonics then sound quality.
OC and Effect were best but not perfect for microphonics, the good thing is you don’t hear it when turning your head while sitting. You will hear diminished fingers on cables.
Cables stock cables, Effect Audio Ares II, Mimic, LQI cables, OC Cables Monarch 8 (silver copper) wire and Zeus (silver) UEX 8 wire.
My favorite on Noble Encore is the Zeus, really opens up the soundstage, as well as other nuances which suit my personal preferences. I use the Monarch on my Sage and the Effect on my Savants (which I am selling because they are too close to the Sage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back