AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 25, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #5,251 of 5,483
anyone any ideas on this.. the headphone strap used to remember its position and have a certain amount of resistance to change, but now, it has no resistance, so the head strap always moves to the push all the way down position. sorry for the worst explanation possibly. basically, the over head strap + connections are no longer remaining in place, i have saggy headphones, and I'm too young for that.

Feb 26, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #5,252 of 5,483
anyone any ideas on this.. the headphone strap used to remember its position and have a certain amount of resistance to change, but now, it has no resistance, so the head strap always moves to the push all the way down position. sorry for the worst explanation possibly. basically, the over head strap + connections are no longer remaining in place, i have saggy headphones, and I'm too young for that.
You might try tightening the screw on the inside of the adjuster.

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #5,254 of 5,483
So I was replacing the earpads on my AFCs yesterday, and found some additional tuning pads under there. They were sitting between the earpads and the drivers. Is this normal?

I'd left them out when applying the new earpads, and the added transparency is amazing. Loving the way the AFCs sound now.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? @mrspeakers?

Feb 26, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #5,255 of 5,483
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 1, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #5,258 of 5,483
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 8, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #5,261 of 5,483
I'm actually using an original Burson Soloist with a HK cd player as dac through toslink connection from my laptop. Can't get to my other gear 'cos it's spread across the country, and according to authorities, audiophilitis is not a condition that warrants a permit to cross quarantine boundaries, go figure.

I'm impressed how good these behave when played louder, seems like having infinite dynamics and composure, really enjoying what they can reveal.

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #5,262 of 5,483
To those who don’t mind modding their AFC 1, consider swapping out the original pads for the AFC 2 pads.

I really did not like the original pads on the AFC 1.

Apr 8, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #5,263 of 5,483
Talking about pads, i felt the my AFC pads have improved comfort when they warm up on my head. Perhaps it's the leather getting softer or the foam. Have a feeling these would be good with memory gel filed pads.

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #5,264 of 5,483
To those who don’t mind modding their AFC 1, consider swapping out the original pads for the AFC 2 pads.

I really did not like the original pads on the AFC 1.

I read the aeon flow closed 1 pads got updated mid 2018 (ticker walls from what i could tell). Are the aeon 2 pads yet another revision, as being different from the mid 2018 updated afc1 pads? What's the difference in terms of size, thickness, foam, leather? What's the effect on comfort and sound?

Apr 9, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #5,265 of 5,483
I read the aeon flow closed 1 pads got updated mid 2018 (ticker walls from what i could tell). Are the aeon 2 pads yet another revision, as being different from the mid 2018 updated afc1 pads? What's the difference in terms of size, thickness, foam, leather? What's the effect on comfort and sound?

The new pads on the AFC 1 is identical to the pads I got on the AFC 2. Either somebody sended me the AFC 2 pads by accident for the AFC 1 or the 2018 update is the new pads.

The difference is that the pads are much deeper so that my ears do not touch the drivers. Even with the white pads / foam installed, my ears have plenty of room. So it is much more comfortable for me.

Soundwise, the soundstage is slightly wider (I suppose that make sense as the drivers are further from eachother) and the bass also is a bit more prominent. This is with the white foam installed however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back