AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jan 19, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #4,711 of 5,483
Love my afc..but are there any third party pads that fit? Latley, I have to massage the ear pads regularly to make them fit "plumb" if anyone knows of better ear pads, give me a hollar! Best headphones I've had so far, and I've only done open back headphones before this:wink:!

Pads are stiffer now than the original and hold their shape better. Still quite comfy memory foam. We updated them about a year ago...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 19, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #4,712 of 5,483
Pads are stiffer now than the original and hold their shape better. Still quite comfy memory foam. We updated them about a year ago...

Don't get me wrong, love the pads as they are the softest I've experienced, but living in Sweden I'm looking at cheaper alternatives when these pads wear out. Their great, but I Don't see them lasting to long, which is probably why they are so comply!

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #4,713 of 5,483
Not that I can think of, but the original pads don't deform easily. That said, there are reports of the right pad becoming mishapen quickly on the first few batches of AFC. If you have any issues of that kind, I would suggest you contact MrSpeakers

I just got a new pair of AFC last weekend and my right pad was a lot more compressed than the left. Was kind of surprised how quickly it got mishapen after just one day of wear.

Jan 19, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #4,714 of 5,483
I’ve had my AFC since preorder and can’t say one pad is more compressed than the other. Misshapen, yes, the seams need to be rolled back into position, but no imbalance going on.

Jan 19, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #4,717 of 5,483
Not that I can think of, but the original pads don't deform easily. That said, there are reports of the right pad becoming mishapen quickly on the first few batches of AFC. If you have any issues of that kind, I would suggest you contact MrSpeakers

That's the earpad that I'm having the most issue with! Will get in contact with them

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #4,719 of 5,483
Hi, would someone be willing to measure the earpad depth near the back of the ears inside the cup? Preferably someone who's used theirs for a while and squished the pads somewhat. I think the AFC is looking like my most likely preferred work headphones, but I'm not able to audition them and since there's only one choice of pads really, I need to make sure there's enough room for my ears. 30mm stock should be good enough even if they squish a little bit, 25mm squished, but anything under that might be a problem. Thanks!

Jan 30, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #4,721 of 5,483
Hi, would someone be willing to measure the earpad depth near the back of the ears inside the cup? Preferably someone who's used theirs for a while and squished the pads somewhat. I think the AFC is looking like my most likely preferred work headphones, but I'm not able to audition them and since there's only one choice of pads really, I need to make sure there's enough room for my ears. 30mm stock should be good enough even if they squish a little bit, 25mm squished, but anything under that might be a problem. Thanks!
It's just under 30 mm in mine.

Jan 30, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #4,722 of 5,483
Mine just got in for repairs. Wish me luck guys
Haven't heard back from mrspeakers...well I bought mine a couple of month ago...but that right earpad needs a lot of massaging..it gets sprung back, but the left doesn't need the same kind of attendance..doesn't seem like there has been any improvement, in my case I might add...can't talk for others that have bought within the time that this should have been rectified

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #4,723 of 5,483
Haven't heard back from mrspeakers...well I bought mine a couple of month ago...but that right earpad needs a lot of massaging..it gets sprung back, but the left doesn't need the same kind of attendance..doesn't seem like there has been any improvement, in my case I might add...can't talk for others that have bought within the time that this should have been rectified

If you sent us an email and didn't get a reply please resend to me... dan@...

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #4,725 of 5,483
AEON closed headphones picked up a few more awards in the last few weeks

Best of Show 2018 - Audiovista_RGB.png
InnerFidelity-Recommend-Components-Logo99_0.jpg

MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed_150px.jpg ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back