AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Jun 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #2,041 of 5,483
I let it burn in for about 150 hours and I thought that the treble settled in for a smoother and more well-rounded sound after burn-in. Not a huge difference, but noticeable to my ears.
Thanks. I'm letting it burn in for a few more days... the difference is very noticeable from when it first arrived... the sound has more "body" and is no longer as "thin" as it was.

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #2,042 of 5,483
I've been using them at work over the last week, and they're nearly perfect for the purpose; I barely feel them on the head, and I can wear and listen to them for hours and hours with no fatigue. And the carrying case perfectly tucks in a Fulla 2, giving me a very nicely transportable setup. It sounds and feels way closer to a no-compromise setup than I would have thought feasible for a noisy work environment.

How's the Aeon with the Fulla 2? I've been thinking of picking one up for my desk at work.

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #2,045 of 5,483
Finally AEON arrived to Moscow! First impressions are so good! The is no upper mids trouble to my taste. Bass is just right! That kind of what I was looking for years! I have many question from local HeadFI community. Going to make a full review for local folks.

Many Thanks to Dan! Good job!

Jun 19, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #2,046 of 5,483
How's the Aeon with the Fulla 2? I've been thinking of picking one up for my desk at work.

Works great. I haven't spent a lot of time comparing the Fulla with the home rig, so can't really speak to what it gives up relative to better stuff; but I did briefly try the Aeon straight out of my phone, and the Fulla sounds MUCH better than that -- richer bass, punchier dynamics, and plenty of headroom to crank it up. (I generally have the volume knob at 9:00 to 12:00 on the Fulla, depending on the track; on the phone, it's 75% to 100%.)

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #2,047 of 5,483
Any recommendations of DAC/amps for a transportable rig? Most suggestions I see here are for desktop/home use. I heard that the Mojo pairs well with the Aeons, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edit: Currently I'm using an iBasso DAC/amp, will any other combinations do much better?

The Mojo is definitely a Home run hitter for your application

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Jun 19, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #2,048 of 5,483
Aornic just posted an unboxing and he got extra pads. I'm wondering about this since I haven't heard of anyone getting these.

Someone just got enthusiastic counting pads, I guess. The headphone comes with 2.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jun 19, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2,049 of 5,483
Heres my initial impressions after only 1-2 hours (no burn-in, no inserts, Grace Design M9XX, stock cable); In only one word: smooth! Everything blends together so well across the spectrum. Theres no harshness to the treble at all, its all very well balanced. Details, and lots of them, but without becoming analytical. The bass is tight, fast, very deep, but sometimes absent in places where i was expecting it. Almost as if theres a part of the lower-to-mid spectrum thats missing? They do have a nice punch to them though. These headphones play live recordings extremely well. Vocal is just right. I'm so used to closed headphones with small soundstages that these comes out completely 3-d'ish, i'm hearing stuff in places and positions that i've never noticed before.

As of this moment i cannot hear any difference with the inserts, but havent done much A/B'ing with them, but its going to be subtle differences i think, nothing major. They do touch my ears. Man.. Massive Attack - Teardrops have never sounded this good, and it's a hard track for most of my other HP's to get right. I actually find the clamping force to be quite harsh after a few hours.. feel like i have to reposition them to alleviate the pressure. Otherwise no problems, very luxurious pads. Hope they break in well.

I find myself turning the volume up on some eletronic tracks, simply to get more bass. I guess time will tell if that changes with burn in.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #2,052 of 5,483
Someone just got enthusiastic counting pads, I guess. The headphone comes with 2.
Do the AEONs come with 2 inserts as in the video he was referring to? I've read here that some people have been getting inserts in the mail after receiving their AEONs. I pre-ordered my AEON in February and received them a little over a week ago, but they did not have any inserts to tune the sound. Am I missing something?

Jun 19, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #2,053 of 5,483
Yes... the inserts!
:L3000:

They mailed them out a few days ago. I have not gotten mine yet either. Strictly depends on where you are and the speed of the shipper to your area.. it seems.

Jun 19, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2,054 of 5,483
Yes... the inserts!
:L3000:

They mailed them out a few days ago. I have not gotten mine yet either. Strictly depends on where you are and the speed of the shipper to your area.. it seems.
Gotcha! Thanks! :)

Jun 19, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #2,055 of 5,483
I find myself turning the volume up on some eletronic tracks, simply to get more bass. I guess time will tell if that changes with burn in.
Unfortunately, for mine that hasn't changed. For certain electronic tracks, it has just the right amount of bass. For others, it doesn't have quite enough 'oomph.' I'm guessing the inserts will make up some of the difference when I get them, but definitely not all of it. On the plus side, this tuning means the bass hasn't once sounded flabby or uncontrolled in any track/genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back