AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 11, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #1,276 of 5,483
Looking forward to getting my hands on these in a couple of weeks!

Quick question that has probably already been addressed...

How long is the stock cable? MrSpeakers web site doesn't seem to list it. Hopefully not a 4-foot portable length...

May 11, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #1,277 of 5,483
Looking forward to getting my hands on these in a couple of weeks!

Quick question that has probably already been addressed...

How long is the stock cable? MrSpeakers web site doesn't seem to list it. Hopefully not a 4-foot portable length...

2m

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 11, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #1,278 of 5,483
OK, probably a good compromise length. But might have to get a longer one for desktop use.

May 11, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,283 of 5,483
I am a big fan of Mr. Speakers/Dan's work, but not the connectors. They stick out too far are are difficult to align and plug in without good lighting. Plus, I prefer connectors that release when pulled hard, to prevent damage.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #1,284 of 5,483
I am a big fan of Mr. Speakers/Dan's work, but not the connectors. They stick out too far are are difficult to align and plug in without good lighting. Plus, I prefer connectors that release when pulled hard, to prevent damage.

ÆON's connectors are recessed so the connected plug also sticks out less.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 12, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,285 of 5,483
Two updates: First the cases and boxes are en route and due the 15th-17th, we're hoping for the 15th, of course. :)

Second, driver builds have exceeded expectations for yields. These are all matched and awaiting final assembly...

IMG_0188.jpg

May 12, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,286 of 5,483
Two updates: First the cases and boxes are en route and due the 15th-17th, we're hoping for the 15th, of course. :)

Second, driver builds have exceeded expectations for yields. These are all matched and awaiting final assembly...

Oooh. I think the pair in the middle are mine...

May 12, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #1,289 of 5,483
That's something else I wanted to mention about the AEON. The imaging is superb, which can only happen when drivers are very closely matched. Well done MrSpeakers!

May 13, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #1,290 of 5,483
Has anyone compared these to MrSpeakers Alpha Primes? I *really* love my Primes :) and ordered the Aeons just to have another option, really.

Wonder if they're similar in sound, brighter / darker, other? Would be interested in the comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back