AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Apr 18, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #1,021 of 5,483
  I think the guy who posted earlier "Two weeks to go!" jinxed it...
wink.gif

He's a witch, burn him!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 18, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #1,023 of 5,483
All right, I just pre-ordered a pair of ÆONs! Now, the race is on to see if they arrive before my Trinity Phantom Masters. (My bet is that they will.)

What sold me: comparing the InnerFidelity measurements for the ÆONs to those of my previous end-game can, the LCD-X. The ÆONs look to measure better on a couple of things. I couldn't tell you which one sounds better, but I can tell you which one I thought was worth its price.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,025 of 5,483

Thanks for being so up front with us about the delay! It's gotta be hard to break news like this to a forum full of people eagerly awaiting their pre-orders but I greatly appreciate your transparency. For me, it just means my AEON will be arriving closer to my birthday, so it's actually kind of exciting. 
wink_face.gif

Thanks.  IMHO transparency works much better than just ignoring the dates and being radio silent, especially when people are trusting you to be on time with a new product.  I never get the companies that are late, later, and extremely late and go radio silent.  It's always worse that way for everyone...  

Delays happen, particularly when you are dealing with suppliers who for the most part are not under your control. Late decisions to create extra value for your product (and a service to your customer) such  as an included case is an excusable delay. Not being forthcoming and "transparent" on the other hand is inexcusable  and intolerable. I for one thank you for taking the correct path Dan, it's appreciated. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #1,026 of 5,483
The Aeon is delayed two weeks cool, good things come to those who are patient. It will give me time to write a review on the Meze 99 Neo. Thanks for the heads up Dan, its appreciated.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,028 of 5,483
Thanks Dan, for the heads up. Definitely appreciate the transparency. 

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,029 of 5,483

Thanks.  IMHO transparency works much better than just ignoring the dates and being radio silent, especially when people are trusting you to be on time with a new product.  I never get the companies that are late, later, and extremely late and go radio silent.  It's always worse that way for everyone...  

I agree 100%
Thanks Dan for keeping us posted. 

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:38 AM Post #1,034 of 5,483
The Aeon will be the first headphones I'll review on my upcoming podcast launching late 2017. The podcast's name will be Audio of Atlantis which is under Podcast Atlantis on social media. I'm saving up for the Hugo 2 and Aeon right now. They should combine with Voltron-like electricity to form an amazing package. I'll also add a Cavalli Audio headphone amplifier later.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #1,035 of 5,483
Hey has anyone heard the Aeon and the Audeze isine? If you have could you compare the sound quality for both and which sound you prefer?

Difficult without straight comparison, I think Sine is more inline with other Audeze, smooth and bodied midrange, warmish sound. Aeon, from my memory, is more neutral, seems to resolve more details, not as warm as Sine I think but still quite warm. Well, I'll know better when I get both to compare later. :)

I got Aeon for replacing Sine mainly btw. Aeon is league ahead in comfort though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back