AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Dec 3, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #3,632 of 5,483
Has anyone tried the JOT with this can? Also anyone else have the deckard?
Use it with the Jot everyday. IMHO this combo leaves nothing to be desired.

Dec 3, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #3,634 of 5,483
I have. It is good, but I prefer my Bifrost Multibit.

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #3,636 of 5,483
I have used the Deckard for a couple of hours, but never in direct comparison. I seriously doubt you would be disappointed in either amp/dac.

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #3,638 of 5,483
I use my Aeon as a travel companion. My travel rig is the Fiio X5 II w/A5. This combo is excellent and quite portal. The only complaint I would have would be the fact that the UI on the X5 isn't awesome.

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #3,639 of 5,483
Has anyone tried the JOT with this can? Also anyone else have the deckard?
I've use them with Bimby>Jot and Soekris dac1541. Two very nice pairings, although I'm starting to lean slightly towards dac1541 for overall clarity & detail. OTOH, the Jot may have a tad extra punch, especially in lower frequencies. Preference could change with different material. In any case, both DAC+amp setups do a very good job with my AFCs, significantly better than my QP1R (not surprise there), although the QP1R is no slouch.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #3,640 of 5,483
I use my Aeon as a travel companion. My travel rig is the Fiio X5 II w/A5. This combo is excellent and quite portal. The only complaint I would have would be the fact that the UI on the X5 isn't awesome.
Have you tried your Aeon with only the X5 II and not the A5? Curious how they sound with only the X5.

Dec 3, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #3,641 of 5,483
Have you tried your Aeon with only the X5 II and not the A5? Curious how they sound with only the X5.
I have, not really a fan of the sound straight out of the X5, it is thin, missing the bottom end that the A5 provides. I am not sure if it is a power thing or if the amp in the X5 isn't good, but with the A5 it sounds quite nice.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #3,643 of 5,483
Dec 4, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #3,644 of 5,483
It has already been asked in this thread, but it has been quite some time. I tried out the Aeons and loved the mids to uppers but their thinnest down below left certain tracks feeling incomplete. I ended up going with LCD-XC's instead which sound excellent with Roon's DSP preset but there were still qualities of the Aeon that I missed. That said, I decided to keep the XC's and just bought a pair of Aeons.

Now that these have been out for a while, it would be great to see some of the EQ tweaks people have made to fatten up the bass. Parametric eq setting suggestions would be great, but if anyone happens to have a convolution filter that would work with Roon that would be even better.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back