AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 4, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #3,436 of 5,483
Not all of the songs on Spotify are perfectly mastered and some of them are probably transcoded from lossy MP3's or something.
Well, yeah, exactly. Hence why I mentioned the possibility of the distortion I've heard myself being due to the version of the tracks on Spotify. As I mentioned, I can hear noticable distortion on some tracks with my aeon's that I didn't notice with dt770's.

It's more likely a combination of spotty encoding and my FiiO. I don't really have time to A/B test at work... Hence positing a theory to encourage discussion.

I'm looking forward to doing all kinds of comparisons this weekend. Pad rolling, checking out various version of songs in my library. Still plenty of cool stuff to uncover with this hobby -- outside of simply enjoying awesome sounding music :)

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #3,438 of 5,483
Lossy makes sense for the way you consume music, with any individual track coming and going without much time to reconsider it. Without repeated listening, it's unlikely that you'd notice differences between reasonable lossy and lossless. But some of us listen carefully and repeatedly to well-recorded works. I get around 20 high-quality albums (some multi-disc) every month, mostly newly recorded music, and from old experience I know that some kinds of instrumentation/recording sound better lossless than lossy. It goes to show that there are many different ways to enjoy music, and different ways may favor different technical tradeoffs. Many years ago I knew a professional classical musician that listened to recorded music only on mediocre equipment, because anything other than the real orchestra sounded fake to him anyway.

Don't get me wrong. I listen to many tracks multiple times and have many play lists that I follow and some that I've made and my wife has made.
But when I sit and program I explore new music alot of the time since I get bored of the music I have found since I listen for so much time.

Nov 4, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #3,439 of 5,483
Well, yeah, exactly. Hence why I mentioned the possibility of the distortion I've heard myself being due to the version of the tracks on Spotify. As I mentioned, I can hear noticable distortion on some tracks with my aeon's that I didn't notice with dt770's.

It's more likely a combination of spotty encoding and my FiiO. I don't really have time to A/B test at work... Hence positing a theory to encourage discussion.

I'm looking forward to doing all kinds of comparisons this weekend. Pad rolling, checking out various version of songs in my library. Still plenty of cool stuff to uncover with this hobby -- outside of simply enjoying awesome sounding music :)

The Aeon is such a great headphone it will definitely reveal every damn flaw of any track if your gear is resolving enough.

Nov 4, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #3,441 of 5,483
Let’s please not get too OT...

FWIW over the years 99% of service questions regarding buzzing have either been amp clipping, bad source material, EQ clipping or volume/bass boost beyond 100%. I think we did have a driver once with debris in it.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 4, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #3,443 of 5,483
Turn off any EQ, set software volume to 100%, and see if distortion is at any volume. In most cases of any volume you can probably hear it on other headphones but it may be less obvious if they have lower resolution.

Also if you hear it on one channels swap left and right cable, if the problem moves it’s not the headphone. If it’s on both channels it’s not the headphone for sure as the chance of both channels having an issue is close to zero.

If it’s only on a couple of songs also consider its in the actual track.

If none of this helps email our info.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Nov 4, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #3,444 of 5,483
My leather strap attachment on my Aeon keeps sliding up while listening. Is there a way to tighten the attachments. Or any other suggestions. It is more prevelent on the left side.

Nov 4, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #3,446 of 5,483
Turn off any EQ, set software volume to 100%, and see if distortion is at any volume. In most cases of any volume you can probably hear it on other headphones but it may be less obvious if they have lower resolution.

Also if you hear it on one channels swap left and right cable, if the problem moves it’s not the headphone. If it’s on both channels it’s not the headphone for sure as the chance of both channels having an issue is close to zero.

I'll spend a few more days giving it a listen since i just got it.. I'll email you if anything!

So far this headphone really sounds good! Keep it up mrspeakers!!!

Nov 4, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #3,447 of 5,483

I tried the same songs on the beyerdynamic T70.

This headphone is pretty well detailed in the trebles.. overly detailed that nobody seems to like them..

Theres no distortion on the song.

Anyone else has the issue? Do let me know! This seems worrying ;-;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back