AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #3,001 of 5,483
Just got my aeons! (Serial# < 1k :D )

OMG There's teeny little people with teeny little drums and guitars in my head..i swear to GOD!
And the SEAL on these INSANITY. I've put on those "noise cancelling" headphones and you're basically THERE but without comprimising audio.
Also: even that box it comes in, (not the case the actual box) is really awesome. Most things I buy i end up throwing the outer box..not this!

Lastly: i can already FEEL the untapped potential on these (currently using M2/M2 stack), i feel like it'll only get better from here.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #3,002 of 5,483
Impact Audio Cables - Custom Infinity series cable arrived.
Well constructed cable. Looks great and the price is reasonable.

InfinityCable.jpg

Sep 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #3,003 of 5,483

I'm debating between these and bestintheverse...they both seem to be equally good and almost the same price, so not sure!

More thoughts: these are REALLY revealing of bad mixing and mastering and recordings. (I'm ALMOST at the "you dang kids and your music these days!" point now. :p)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #3,005 of 5,483

Is there a thread or a table that discusses cable fabrication? I have a similar jacket on my cables and I'd prefer something smooth and made of rubber or vinyl and also a lot more flexible (easy to coil). Who would that be?

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #3,006 of 5,483
Hey guys, what is the CHEAPEST DAP that can drive these headphones do a good level/fullness?

The Cayin n3 is good. But I found the Cayin i5 to really bring out the fullness. I quite liked that pairing.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #3,010 of 5,483
Dang new quoting system keeps messing me up.
How is the leakage on Aeon. Compared to THx00, Momentum 1, nighthawk carbon, and Alpha Dogs. I need something closed for work.

Just took my Aeon to work for a co-worker to listen to.
He was very impressed, he said they cut all the background conversations out and I could not he his "industrial" music (skinny puppy-assimilate?) he was listening to siting right next to me.

Don't have any direct comparison info for you tough,

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #3,011 of 5,483
How is the leakage on Aeon. Compared to THx00, Momentum 1, nighthawk carbon, and Alpha Dogs. I need something closed for work.
They are Glorious for work. you would have to play music at ear splitting volume to hear any noticeable sound leakage.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #3,015 of 5,483
I have their AKG cable for my AKG K7xx and it is a great cable. Very premium feeling. This is my first custom cable, but compared to the stock cable, I am very happy with it.

Great to know. I am not an "upgrade cable" person but I find AEON's stock cable too stiff, and have been looking for a replacement cable that is soft and well-built/well-braided. The braiding work as shown in the store pics doesn't look perfect but maybe it's worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back