Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Jan 6, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #811 of 830
If it's any help vocals important to me as well, I like air around vocals, and I sold my AC2 when I heard the Ananda Stealth. The AC2 are outstanding for closed backs and I could have happily loved with them, but thing is closed backs still can't be used in the same room as someone else they can still hear them and it annoys them, if you have to leave the room as I do when at home night as well have open backs
If you like vocals and don't own the Sennheiser HD 6XX or HD 650, you're missing out. The mids are damn near perfect on that headphone. They're open-back, though, as you almost certainly know.

Jan 6, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #813 of 830
Tbh I'm thinking of getting some, Custom Cans do some with a mod to the driver
I understand the appeal of modding, but the stock tuning of the HD 6XX/650 is damn near an industry reference standard for many. I always return to it when I want to know what practically perfect mids sound like when evaluating a new headphone. Plus it's lovely for everyday listening.

Jan 6, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #814 of 830
I understand the appeal of modding, but the stock tuning of the HD 6XX/650 is damn near an industry reference standard for many. I always return to it when I want to know what practically perfect mids sound like when evaluating a new headphone. Plus it's lovely for everyday listening.
That's for the advice, I might give them a whirl

Jan 10, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #815 of 830
I find the clamp force to be light and very comfortable. Tighter than Hifiman & AKG .but looser than Sennheiser. To me, they feel great - actually I don't really feel or notice them at all when I'm listening. Just tight enough where feel secure.

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #816 of 830
I would like ask for recommendations where should I go after A2C? It`s been almost a year since I got them, time has come for some changes.
I need more soundstage and even with white filters A2C are still little to bright to my ears.
A2C successor nneds to be closed.

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #817 of 830
I would like ask for recommendations where should I go after A2C? It`s been almost a year since I got them, time has come for some changes.
I need more soundstage and even with white filters A2C are still little to bright to my ears.
Ether C Flow 1.1 or Stealth would be an upgrade.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:25 AM Post #818 of 830
Ether C Flow 1.1 or Stealth would be an upgrade.
If one doesn't mind boosting the bass with PEQ, Ether CX is actually... the best MrSpeakers? The treble and openness is fantastic.

Aug 28, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #819 of 830
What about some different pads?
The dekoni sheepskin are a bit taller which helps with the highs.
Or get the perforated ones from DCA and you got yourself a noire

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #820 of 830

Have you considered getting the perforated pads from the Noire? It will give you some extra soundstage.

For the brightness, you could shop around for headphones....but I'd always try some EQ first. Taking a bit of the shine off is super easy, and saves you tons of money, time, etc. while giving you exactly what you want.

Aug 29, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #824 of 830

Users who are viewing this thread

Back