Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Jan 5, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #797 of 830
I have the A2C and the isolation is very good. I've only owned a few different closed headphones (Beyers, Sennheiser) but the Aeons have been the best for isolation and comfort.
i have beyerdynamic aventho,amiron wireless,hifiman ananda wireless and focal bathys. ananda very comfy. amiron comfy,but sounds not good as aventho. what other headphones you had before get A2C ? how compare aeon flow closed,XT,NOIRE vs A2C? im compare audeze lcd-2c closed vs A2C to buy.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #800 of 830
I haven’t heard that. The Aeons generally seem to be regarded as some of the most comfortable, even if you have issues with the sound.
how aeon2 closed compare sound vs audeze lcd-2 closed? need one closed hphone to buy from those two.i have ananda wireless and like sound -no need any EQ , and focal bathys-too bassy for me- so, equalized it -5db 60hz on app.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #801 of 830
how aeon2 closed compare sound vs audeze lcd-2 closed? need one closed hphone to buy from those two.i have ananda wireless and like sound -no need any EQ , and focal bathys-too bassy for me- so, equalized it -5db 60hz on app.
It would be good if you told people what you want in terms of bass, midrange, treble, rather than asking for how certain headphones compare. People need to know what you really want. So from what I can tell you don't like lots of bass. I imagine the Aeon2 Closed will have less bass than the LCD 2C. The LCD house sound is known for a focus on bass. I had the LCD 2 Fazor open and I thought it had pretty good bass so I can only imagine that the closed has even more, but I have never heard the LCD 2C.

Jan 6, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #802 of 830
It would be good if you told people what you want in terms of bass, midrange, treble, rather than asking for how certain headphones compare. People need to know what you really want. So from what I can tell you don't like lots of bass. I imagine the Aeon2 Closed will have less bass than the LCD 2C. The LCD house sound is known for a focus on bass. I had the LCD 2 Fazor open and I thought it had pretty good bass so I can only imagine that the closed has even more, but I have never heard the LCD 2C.
i have ananda wireless.want similar sound. im compared LCD-2C closed vs aeon2 open at local shop (they dont had closed version), so lcd-2c cb sounds far better ,bigger soundstage,better bass sound(bass very soft ,not claustrofobic like on focal headphones),deep and flat,more details at full FR range vs open aeon2. i liked lcd-2c cb .so i think Aeon2 closed will be more bassy vs aeon2 open with smaller siundstage. Im listen few focals stellia,celestee,radiance-all too bassy,v SHAPE SOUND,BUT DARK HIGHS...STRANGE SOUND-NOT LIKE THEM ANYMORE,FOCAL NOT FOR ME...compared to my ananda,on lcd-2c cb i like more richer sound,ananda like too,but can tell that LCD-2C Closed is bassy.. Also if see to FR graph aeon2 more bassy vs audeze at region 20-250hz. ananda and lcd-2c closed similar FR graphs.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #803 of 830
how clamping power aeon2 ?im read they to much clamps head and many returned for headache of use longer period those hphones
Very strong clamp, at least for my big head. The seal of these headphones is very tight, by design, to ensure bass response.

The combination of the clamp force and very soft pads was too much for me. The pads deformed and easily folded over on themselves due to the clamp force, and it's damn near impossible to bend the Nitinol headband to reduce the force.

For most, the DCA A2C are plush and comfy as hell. I must be outside of that sweet spot with my large dome, as the A2C was among the most uncomfortable headphones I've worn. Headaches from clamp force and earaches from air-tight seal. Had to sell them, which was a shame because the sound was very, very good and hit my desired target very well.

Jan 6, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #805 of 830
i have ananda wireless.want similar sound. im compared LCD-2C closed vs aeon2 open at local shop (they dont had closed version), so lcd-2c cb sounds far better ,bigger soundstage,better bass sound(bass very soft ,not claustrofobic like on focal headphones),deep and flat,more details at full FR range vs open aeon2. i liked lcd-2c cb .so i think Aeon2 closed will be more bassy vs aeon2 open with smaller siundstage. Im listen few focals stellia,celestee,radiance-all too bassy,v SHAPE SOUND,BUT DARK HIGHS...STRANGE SOUND-NOT LIKE THEM ANYMORE,FOCAL NOT FOR ME...compared to my ananda,on lcd-2c cb i like more richer sound,ananda like too,but can tell that LCD-2C Closed is bassy.. Also if see to FR graph aeon2 more bassy vs audeze at region 20-250hz. ananda and lcd-2c closed similar FR graphs.
Your preferred sound signature must be a tiny dot on some Venn diagram somewhere if the LCD-2C's were just right for you but the Focals were too bassy. Focals have punchy bass, but the LCD-2C has FAR more constant bass and sub-bass than Focals.

The A2C and LCD-2C are pretty close in sound signature, as I have owned both. I think the A2C has a bit more sub-bass presence and it's a bit flabbier than the LCD-2C. But bottom line: Both are warm headphones, especially compared to the Focals. Ananda is not nearly as warm as the LCD-2C, but you say you like both.

Not sure of your budget, but if you're interested in Audeze, sounds like the LCD-X 2021 might be your sweet spot. Good bass. Not as lush and present as the LCD-2C but more pinpoint and direct. More clarity in the treble and less-shouty mids, too. There was a bit too much bass, not enough clarity in the high end and too much shout in the mids in the LCD-2C for me even though I still enjoyed them. I just wanted that slight bit of refinement to the signature, and the LCD-X 2021 have nailed that for me. Even better with a smidge of EQ.

The LCD-X 2021 and MM-500 are the "neutralish" cans in the Audeze line that cost less than $2,000.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #806 of 830
Your preferred sound signature must be a tiny dot on some Venn diagram somewhere if the LCD-2C's were just right for you but the Focals were too bassy. Focals have punchy bass, but the LCD-2C has FAR more constant bass and sub-bass than Focals.

The A2C and LCD-2C are pretty close in sound signature, as I have owned both. I think the A2C has a bit more sub-bass presence and it's a bit flabbier than the LCD-2C. But bottom line: Both are warm headphones, especially compared to the Focals. Ananda is not nearly as warm as the LCD-2C, but you say you like both.

Not sure of your budget, but if you're interested in Audeze, sounds like the LCD-X 2021 might be your sweet spot. Good bass. Not as lush and present as the LCD-2C but more pinpoint and direct. More clarity in the treble and less-shouty mids, too. There was a bit too much bass, not enough clarity in the high end and too much shout in the mids in the LCD-2C for me even though I still enjoyed them. I just wanted that slight bit of refinement to the signature, and the LCD-X 2021 have nailed that for me. Even better with a smidge of EQ.

The LCD-X 2021 and MM-500 are the "neutralish" cans in the Audeze line that cost less than $2,000.
no,i have focal bathys and tried at local shop stellia,radiance,celestee and elegia. all too bassy,only elegia neutral. after tried lcd-2c cb imediatly beloved sound and today ordered new it for 560eur from store. tried aeon 2 open and this has small soundstage vs lcd-2c cb.so,stopped see at aeon2 closed.

here is owners about lcd-2c cb....'
I owned a LCD-2CB for over one year and dtill have the highest respect for it.
I oreferred it by far to the 2C whose mids in my view are a complete shouty
mess (and I owned 2 units of it at different time, so I would not blame just
their quality control, known to be quite poor). I also preferred it to the XC
as it was less fatiguing, even though slightly less detailed, but not less spacious in sound.
Eventually its weight started to bother me more and more and that is when I looked for alternatives.
I settled for the Denon AH-D7200 which gives me equally good bass,
less forward mids and a narrower soundstage which after all I do not mind:
I like to hear vocals very close to me. And the weight is very acceptable with these.
For those who like very torward vocals and even more space than the LCD-2CB,
the Elegia is another option to consider, but not for bass-focused music, which I do not listen anyway...'

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #807 of 830
If it's any help vocals important to me as well, I like air around vocals, and I sold my AC2 when I heard the Ananda Stealth. The AC2 are outstanding for closed backs and I could have happily loved with them, but thing is closed backs still can't be used in the same room as someone else they can still hear them and it annoys them, if you have to leave the room as I do when at home night as well have open backs

Jan 6, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #808 of 830
If it's any help vocals important to me as well, I like air around vocals, and I sold my AC2 when I heard the Ananda Stealth. The AC2 are outstanding for closed backs and I could have happily loved with them, but thing is closed backs still can't be used in the same room as someone else they can still hear them and it annoys them, if you have to leave the room as I do when at home night as well have open backs
this helps. what sound difference ac2 closed vs ananda stealth?

Jan 6, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #809 of 830
Soundstage and air, no idea how to put that into words but vocals more forward and natural for me with the Amanda Stealth, I listen to a lot of female vocals, jazz and pop. It's a portable set up, Mojo 2.

So the Ananda Stealth so easy to drive I can use the Qudelix no problem, just a better for for me with Mojo/Qudelix, AC2 need the juice

Jan 6, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #810 of 830
this helps. what sound difference ac2 closed vs ananda stealth?
See my reply above.

To add, I thought I needed closed back and the AC2 are superb, they would have been fine, I'd have been happy. But my wife can still hear them so night as well have open back and I do like the Hifiman sound ( I had the Edition XS as well ).

If you really have to have a closed back due to the listening environment they are great, for me it made no difference and the Amanda SE are just so good I couldn't resist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back