Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Sep 2, 2022 at 7:37 AM Post #766 of 830
You would be able to spend very little and get the Topping L30 II for example and should expect excellent performance. There would be no reason that spending more money would yield any audible benefit as the Topping has plenty of power and is audibly transparent in every way that matters. There are of course other considerations why we like to purchase more expensive than absolutely required gear, no judgement at all meant, but if anybody is looking for the bang for the buck feeling, the Topping amp would provide that.

Sep 2, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #767 of 830
What did you think? That your "incredibly expensive" headphones will sound great out of mediocre amps and DAC's? :wink:
And by the way, Violectrics new amps start at 1200€ with the V222, not cheap but good enough for "early endgame" imho.
In my experience Violectrics are great allrounders, almost everything I plugged in sounded at least good.
Absolutely! It should sound perfect plugged to a banana phone!
I've had very good experience with Violectric, too. I owned a V100 amp, that I got rid of because we all make mistakes. And I make a lot.

Sep 2, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #768 of 830
You would be able to spend very little and get the Topping L30 II for example and should expect excellent performance. There would be no reason that spending more money would yield any audible benefit as the Topping has plenty of power and is audibly transparent in every way that matters. There are of course other considerations why we like to purchase more expensive than absolutely required gear, no judgement at all meant, but if anybody is looking for the bang for the buck feeling, the Topping amp would provide that.

JDS atom is also great, or element for the DAC combo.

Sep 2, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #770 of 830
Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #771 of 830
JDS atom is also great, or element for the DAC combo.
No argument here. The Topping recommendation for me was very pertinent due to the amount of power it swings. I don't remember the specifications for the Atom, but I do believe that it also has some drive.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #772 of 830
It's not transparent and it's just ok when it worked. My l30 has been dead for almost a year. Just died for no apparent reason so be cautious when buying these cheap "wonders".

Sep 3, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #773 of 830
Hi, everyone.
I haven't had my Aeon 2 Closed for long (a couple of weeks only), so I'm still discovering them.
I have been trying them single ended and balanced, using a Jotunheim 2.
I thought the macrodynamics of the A2C improved considerably. Of course, that could be the result of the different performance of the two outputs, although I never considered the SE of the Jotunheim 2 behind the balanced, at all.
Has anyone noticed this too?
Anyway, if it was already discussed, I apologize. I did a search and didn't find anything.
Chord Mojo2 is a perfect pairing for me. Add Poly for portability. Also, do yourself a favor and get the perforated pads (A2C Noire style) for an improved sonic profile. All IMHO. Enjoy!

Sep 3, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #774 of 830
Chord Mojo2 is a perfect pairing for me. Add Poly for portability. Also, do yourself a favor and get the perforated pads (A2C Noire style) for an improved sonic profile. All IMHO. Enjoy!
Seconding the pads - I got a used pair of A2C which I’m enjoying, but finally decided to order the perforated pads from DCA and they are a nice improvement

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #776 of 830
These arrived today. Not even had a listen yet.

Screenshot_20221115_191114.jpg

Cables rubber though, I thought they were braided

Nov 15, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #779 of 830
These arrived today. Not even had a listen yet.

Screenshot_20221115_191114.jpg

Cables rubber though, I thought they were braided
Hey, headphones match the electronics!
DCA changed things up. My pair came with a fabric sheathed cable. Still not braided, but I prefer unbraided cables anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back