Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Dec 22, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #451 of 830
So from what I understand is that they are the regular A2C but in black and with perforated pads. I'm guessing switching pads on my regular A2C would give the same result?

Dec 22, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #453 of 830
So from what I understand is that they are the regular A2C but in black and with perforated pads. I'm guessing switching pads on my regular A2C would give the same result?

Yes, exactly right.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 22, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #455 of 830
You can change pads no problem but it is glued however (based on my experience with the AFC 1).

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #456 of 830
Is pad replacement destructive or could I get the Noire + regular pads and switch back and forth to figure out which pads I prefer?

BTW, you may want to change "Harmon curve" to "Harman curve" in various spots on your website.
The original pads have a layer of adhesive that adheres to the inner cups.

Hence, any replacement is "semi-destructive", in a manner of speaking.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #458 of 830
Big shout-out to the entire crew at DCA and especially Sue for taking great care of me.

I had to send in a pair that I got secondhand for a slight driver issue and within a week, I got a new replacement no questions asked.

The Flow 2s, now being sonically perfect, have really started to grow on me, and I've especially fallen in love with their soundstage, bass. and overall comfort.

Incredible seal for a pair of over ears as well. Exactly what I was looking for as a keeper set for the future!

Dec 22, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #460 of 830
Is pad replacement destructive or could I get the Noire + regular pads and switch back and forth to figure out which pads I prefer?

BTW, you may want to change "Harmon curve" to "Harman curve" in various spots on your website.

Generally the adhesive actually can be re-used a few times, somewhere between 5-10. Store the unused pads on wax paper.

The peel-tech is being fine tuned for the AEON pads, turns out they were much harder to get that working on than for ETHER. But we will release this when we're confident it will last as well as ETHER parts.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Dec 22, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #461 of 830
Generally the adhesive actually can be re-used a few times, somewhere between 5-10. Store the unused pads on wax paper.

The peel-tech is being fine tuned for the AEON pads, turns out they were much harder to get that working on than for ETHER. But we will release this when we're confident it will last as well as ETHER parts.
Dan, apart from using adhesives, what other methods have you considered for attaching pads in your future products? Magnets are probably a no-no for the planar headphones, but what about screw-on pads or the standard "lip" style? Thanks!

Dec 22, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #465 of 830
The question is whether the chorus of people who lamented the color of the Aeon 2 when it was introduced and beat the drums for a neutral black will come back and take notice! :dt880smile:
I'm certainly more tempted since I don't like the red one, at least based on pictures. I suspect a few people have heard the ÆON 2 and would buy the black one if it sounded the same, but with the pad change they are less sure.

Unfortunately, I haven't heard either yet, and my main interest for these was for commuting, which I somehow don't find myself doing all that much anymore. :sweat_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back