Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Dec 29, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #481 of 830
I ordered the Noire today, I’ll compare them to my A2C and then I’ll sell the A2C because the black color looks way better. Given that the main difference is the pads it would be interesting to see which one sounds better to me.

Looking forward to reading about Noire impressions.

I sold off a pair of A2O but I kind of miss them.
I replaced them with LCD2 closed back and recently a pair of Cascade.
I love the Audeze especially minus the weight but they’re quite different.

Im starting to realize how top notch the build is on the Aeons but they’re amp picky but pays off when fed right.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #482 of 830
I ordered the Noire today, I’ll compare them to my A2C and then I’ll sell the A2C because the black color looks way better. Given that the main difference is the pads it would be interesting to see which one sounds better to me.
I'm not a huge fan of the red hue on the regular AEON 2 Closed, but the Noire takes the headphone to a whole new level with its color scheme - the portability factor has certainly been elevated now. :)

I'm on the fence regarding a purchase; hence, your comparative impressions would be very beneficial to anyone who's looking at the AEON 2 Noire. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #483 of 830
I'm not a huge fan of the red hue on the regular AEON 2 Closed, but the Noire takes the headphone to a whole new level with its color scheme - the portability factor has certainly been elevated now. :)

I'm on the fence regarding a purchase; hence, your comparative impressions would be very beneficial to anyone who's looking at the AEON 2 Noire. Thanks in advance!

My Aeon 2 Noire should be shipping next week. I own or have owned all the Aeons except for Aeon 2 open, so will be able to give impressions.

Dec 29, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #485 of 830
Listening to a review pair of the Noire right now...and they are just beautifully constructed, incredibly comfortable and sound terrific! I'm playing around with the various tuner pads, but like the Aeon Open 2, I think I prefer them without them. I have to say that the frequency response is spot on...Dan & Team really nailed it with these headphones. As well, their sound staging is VERY impressive. I have to keep reminding myself that these are closed-back headphones as they sound so open. Wow!

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #486 of 830
Well thanks for the terrific support on the Noire rollout, this is the fastest-selling new product we've introduced! We will start shipping Friday or Monday, we did have a little delay due to shipping issues (if you haven't heard already, the Los Angeles port is being affected by Covid and there are 20+ ships backed up to unload, and the shipping delays have also clogged air-freight, so everything is taking longer to arrive than forecast, sorry for the delay!).

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 5, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #487 of 830
Well thanks for the terrific support on the Noire rollout, this is the fastest-selling new product we've introduced! We will start shipping Friday or Monday, we did have a little delay due to shipping issues (if you haven't heard already, the Los Angeles port is being affected by Covid and there are 20+ ships backed up to unload, and the shipping delays have also clogged air-freight, so everything is taking longer to arrive than forecast, sorry for the delay!).
I think shipping is a nightmare everywhere right now. I’m glad the Noire rollout is off to a great start!

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #488 of 830
I think shipping is a nightmare everywhere right now. I’m glad the Noire rollout is off to a great start!

Yeah, the container ship problems caused an increase in air freight but the pandemic had already pushed that to the limit because there are so few commercial flights, so now FedEx priority is anywhere from 2-7 days. First time since we've been in business that freight has become a supply chain worry. Never a dull moment!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 5, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #489 of 830
Yeah, the container ship problems caused an increase in air freight but the pandemic had already pushed that to the limit because there are so few commercial flights, so now FedEx priority is anywhere from 2-7 days. First time since we've been in business that freight has become a supply chain worry. Never a dull moment!
Somehow I can guess the answer, but is FedEx providing reduced shipping rates as a result? Or are they jacking it up?

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #490 of 830
Somehow I can guess the answer, but is FedEx providing reduced shipping rates as a result? Or are they jacking it up?

Of course they've increased prices and eliminated their service delivery guarantee.... I can't blame them. But the result is we now have to ship more parts by boat, but that takes longer, so procurement has been "fun..."

Jan 7, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #491 of 830
Hey, I'm thinking of stepping up my headphone game so I was wondering how do these headphones stack up against the LCD-X C, does anyone has tried them both?

Jan 7, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #492 of 830
Looking forward to reading about Noire impressions.

I sold off a pair of A2O but I kind of miss them.
I replaced them with LCD2 closed back and recently a pair of Cascade.
I love the Audeze especially minus the weight but they’re quiet different.

Im starting to realize how top notch the build is on the Aeons but they’re quiet amp picky but pays off when fed right.
A2O's love current (like most planers). My Lyr 3/Asgard 3, and soon to be Jot 2 (to replace Asgard 3) deliver this in spades. I want to sample ZMF, but I'm very happy with Aeon 2 open.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #493 of 830
Hey, I'm thinking of stepping up my headphone game so I was wondering how do these headphones stack up against the LCD-X C, does anyone has tried them both?
I own both headphones; in a nutshell, the LCD-XC has (slightly) better resolution, with a more vibrant treble section. The AEON 2 Closed has greater warmth and body, and comes with a beefier low-end presentation. Both headphones are great for my genre-of-choice, EDM.

What the AEON 2 Closed loses in sheer resolving capabilities (and it's not that far behind, too), it gains in musicality and portability.

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #495 of 830
with the pad change on these, whats the perceived sound difference? bigger sound stage?

Perforated pads give the closed a very close match to the Harman Curve, reducing midrange warmth a bit with a bit more of a “v” to the Response, that moves the center of the stage a bit further away, like moving a few seats back from the stage.. It’s a fun tuning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back