Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Mar 9, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #331 of 830
Hey guys. Have anyone tried these with a Fiio M11? I got a Jotunheim but I am never at home anymore so I am not using it. I'm planning to go full portable and I just want to know if a Fiio M11 is enough or I would need a portable amp as well.

I plan on using Shozy 1.1, Hifiman 560s and Aeon 2 Closed with the Fiio M11.

I appreciate all the help and guidance.
I ran the Aeon 2 Closed on balanced with the Fiio M11 but I had to reach 80-90 to get proper volume if I remember correctly. Wasn't fan of how they sounded, but then again I haven't been a fan of how my M11 sounds, much prefer the Hiby R5. On that, I listen at 60-65 volume on balanced and it's pretty good, but not as good as on my Mojo.

I'm lurking to see whether I should get the Fiio M15 because of its power output and ability to drive full size planars. $1,300 is quite a bit of change tho...

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #332 of 830
I ran the Aeon 2 Closed on balanced with the Fiio M11 but I had to reach 80-90 to get proper volume if I remember correctly. Wasn't fan of how they sounded, but then again I haven't been a fan of how my M11 sounds, much prefer the Hiby R5. On that, I listen at 60-65 volume on balanced and it's pretty good, but not as good as on my Mojo.

I'm lurking to see whether I should get the Fiio M15 because of its power output and ability to drive full size planars. $1,300 is quite a bit of change tho...
OK so not enough power at all IMO. Also I don't have the balanced cable and that's like $200 or $300 more.

I like the Hiby R5 as well that is my other option but I have a tiny Hidizs AP80 DAP that I could probably hook up to something like a Fiio A5 with lots of power.

Mar 9, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #333 of 830
OK so not enough power at all IMO. Also I don't have the balanced cable and that's like $200 or $300 more.

I like the Hiby R5 as well that is my other option but I have a tiny Hidizs AP80 DAP that I could probably hook up to something like a Fiio A5 with lots of power.
Indeed that could be a good option, try it first and see how you like it. But yeah, I wouldn't get the M11 for the Aeon 2.

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #336 of 830
But I like to DIY and experiment with various cables, and in MY personal experience, the 4-pin Hirose connector is a pain to work with compared to other connectors I have used, such as mini-XLR connectors.

How dare Dan Clark be such a person and not build his headphones to better accommodate the needs of those who want to DIY the mass-produced products. After all, they must be like, what, 0.1% of his customer base? I'll never be able to purchase any of his products now this has come to light, not until they are shipped like Lego, with each component individually wrapped. The sheer audacity of it.

Mar 13, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #338 of 830
Picked up my Aeon 2 Closed this morning. So far I am very impressed with it vs my Aeon Closed. A much improved headphone in every way I can think of.

My portable rig is now iBasso DX220+Amp9+AF2C. This portable rig easily beats the desktop setup I had 5 years ago when I started in this hobby.

I am using the black foam inserts - the least intrusive if I have that correct. These seem the best for me. Anyone else favoring the black foam?

Mar 13, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #339 of 830
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Mar 13, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #340 of 830
Really enjoying this combo right now! Loving these headphones.
If you go all the way to high gain with bass boost etc you can hear the little amp struggling but that is way more volume that you should ever need.
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200312211251121_COVER.jpg

Mar 14, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #341 of 830
Picked up my Aeon 2 Closed this morning. So far I am very impressed with it vs my Aeon Closed. A much improved headphone in every way I can think of.

My portable rig is now iBasso DX220+Amp9+AF2C. This portable rig easily beats the desktop setup I had 5 years ago when I started in this hobby.

I am using the black foam inserts - the least intrusive if I have that correct. These seem the best for me. Anyone else favoring the black foam?

Depend which headphone you have.
1. Previous unit of mine: Black filter
2. New unit: No filter

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #342 of 830
Hi @mrspeakers ! I recently (less than a month ago) got some Aeon 2s and I love them.
I noticed when I got them that the left pad has a slight crease and I didn't pay much attention to it I thought it would go away on its own. I do feel like it affects how comfy the earphones are on my left ear.

I know wear and tear isn't covered by warranty but just wondering if this is since it's been less than 30 days? Are they too hard too replace?
IMG_20200325_085042.jpg

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #343 of 830
Hi @mrspeakers ! I recently (less than a month ago) got some Aeon 2s and I love them.
I noticed when I got them that the left pad has a slight crease and I didn't pay much attention to it I thought it would go away on its own. I do feel like it affects how comfy the earphones are on my left ear.

I know wear and tear isn't covered by warranty but just wondering if this is since it's been less than 30 days? Are they too hard too replace?
IMG_20200325_085042.jpg
He has a video out on the mrspeakers YouTube channel telling you how to resolve it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back