AEDLE VK-1 Limited Edition Headphones
Dec 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 183

retrophonic

100+ Head-Fier
I haven't found any discussions on these headphones, so I thought I would start one. It appears that only 500 will be produced, and they will cost 250 EUR / 325 USD. http://www.aedle.net/index.html#vk1

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 183
Hand assembled in Brittany France even, you know I really like the look of these, there's a black one also, price would hopefully reflect the sound quality.

Thanks for the post.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 183
Look like the Uptowns and the D7100, somehow. But with actual metal. Limited edition stuff are always enticing. 

Any suckers *ahem* trendsetters interested in trying them?

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 183
Correction to the OP, only 500 will be made in the first batch :wink:  Aedle specifies this in the "about" sections on their page.  I'm unsure if there will be only 1 batch or not, but it seems to not be that way if they went out of their way to specify out first batch :wink:  If there is only one batch, then for sure, it's fully limited edition :p

VK-1 Classic Edition combine minimalistic and refined design with high-definition custom made titanium transducers. 400 units available for first batch. Shipping in February 2013.

Black lambskin leather and pure black matte anodization make up the VK-1 Carbon Limited Edition. 100 units only will be made for the first batch. Shipping in February 2013.

I've actually been following Aedle for a little while now, trying to figure out what they were planning.  The headphones look fantastic, they have the simplistic design to them that looks and feels professional, reminds me a lot of the Ferrari T350 design I have here.  It looks a lot smaller, compact, and simpler though, which is a good thing.  Hopefully it sounds good as well.  They are open-backed too (poor isolation possibly; but isolation is best gained with IEMs).  

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #5 of 183
I will sub because is should hopefully get them. I have been giving advice for a while to Aedle and been on the phone etc with the CEO. They look to really have a good product and the innovation i heard on the phone about the product was great!

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 183
I've been lurking on this site for a little while but it's my first post and I'm happy to see that there was a thread started about these on here. I've been eyeing them since I first saw them pop up on tumblr a year ago. I'm very new to headphones and have just been looking for a nice, clean pair of headphones that I can use with my apple products while at home, office and when traveling on the bus. I've narrowed it down to the black Aedle's, AKG K485NC, B&W P5, or the Fidelio M1/L1. I might just have to pre-order a pair of these and try them out.

Jan 2, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #7 of 183
Here we go again withan artist putting their name on a product.   We know how that turns out!!!

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #10 of 183
Quote:
Here we go again withan artist putting their name on a product.   We know how that turns out!!!

Like others said above, this has nothing to do with the singer.  This is actually two artists (not artist in the sense of music, but rather design) trying to merge design and sound.  These types of things do tend to intrigue me (although the end result generally isn't that great in the sonic side; we'll see though :) ).  The Aëdle VK-1 still seems like a nice headphone.  I'll definitely let you know how it turns out if I get them :wink:

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #11 of 183
Well first batch went out today and they even personally shipped them to two guys because they were in a bit of a hurry, can not beat that for service hey, hand shipping :wink: Anyway i have one in that batch so i shall keep you posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back