Advice
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 57
Detail, soundstage, space, no bass and closed back.

Is that possible ?

here the list of brands I can get here in Argentina:

-Beyerdynamic
-Denon
-Grado
-HiFiman
-Sennheiser
-Ultrasone

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #22 of 57
Good positional audio s better without bass.  According to  ISVR concept, it's more difficult to apply the positional formula to a low frecuency than to a higher one, so I'm looking for a headphone without bass. (or at least, light bass). In extreme cases it doesn't matter, just tell me a headphone with bass, closed, and a great positional audio.

Dec 2, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #23 of 57
The closed headphones that I recall reading about regarding this are the ATH-A900 and Creative Aurvana Live! I have owned both, but do not game. The A900 has a more expansive sound stage. What you plug these (and other) headphones into affects the results. 

Quote:
Good positional audio s better without bass.  According to  ISVR concept, it's more difficult to apply the positional formula to a low frecuency than to a higher one, so I'm looking for a headphone without bass. (or at least, light bass). In extreme cases it doesn't matter, just tell me a headphone with bass, closed, and a great positional audio.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #26 of 57
Not many here will have gamed with the ATH-W5000. A quick Google search of "ATH-W5000 open" (it is closed), and I immediately found a couple reviews that would make me shy away from wanting to use it for positional audio. Search "W5000" on Head-Fi, or Google ATH-W5000 with the words "FPS", "open", or "closed" for more. 

Quote:

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #29 of 57
^ No doubt, but the W5000 is audio-technica's premium audiophile headphone and is priced accordingly. It just seems like overkill for a gamer's headphone; wouldn't you agree? However, it does seem to meet the OP's criteria for a closed headphone for music listening.

Dec 2, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 57
If positional audio is the priority, FWIR, I'm not sold on the W5000 regardless of price.

Quote:
^ No doubt, but the W5000 is audio-technica's premium audiophile headphone and is priced accordingly. It just seems like overkill for a gamer's headphone; wouldn't you agree? However, it does seem to meet the OP's criteria for a closed headphone for music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back