(ADVICE NEEDED FOR CIEMS) TF10 x 6, UM Miracle, LS6 or JH13?
May 6, 2013 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

yufeng23

Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

I've been surfing this forum for the past 2 days for at least 12 hours and I found many of the reviews on CIEMs extremely useful.

I've read up on average_joe's reviews as well and I'm really thankful for his critical and constructive feedback.

Now I'm faced with a similar problem as vespula95 http://www.head-fi.org/t/589838/need-help-should-i-reshell-and-add-a-driver-for-my-tf10

I currently have a pair of TF10s which has been serving me for close to 2 years and I'm thinking of going into CIEMs but spending over $1k seems like a pretty tall order for me.

I've tried out UM Miracle and heard really good reviews about it too and I really like it a lot. I heard that the sound signature of the LS6 is very similar to the Miracles as well, and I've tried it out and really like it too. They are priced at $1120 instead of the miracles which cost $1260. Is it worth the buy?

I believe that there are plenty of other customs out there which are equally good like the JH13, JH16, Heir Audio 4.ai, 8.a, Rooth LS8 but they all seem too expensive for me =(

Most of the music I listen to consist of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) like house, trance, dubstep, as well as mainstream English Pop.

I'm considering a few options:

1. Reshell my TF10s and upgrade them to 6 drivers at a local audio shop Null Audio for $650.
2. Buy a secondhand UM Miracle and send for reshell for $850. (People seem to be selling second hand ones at $600, reshelling costs $250).
3. Buy a brand new CIEM. (Would cost me about $1.2k?)

I couldn't find many reviews on the TF10 x 6 and my fear is that a reshelled TF10 x 6 would not be able to match up with the pure 6 drivers CIEMS. 

What should my concerns be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A lost soul

May 6, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi guys, 

I've been surfing this forum for the past 2 days for at least 12 hours and I found many of the reviews on CIEMs extremely useful.

I've read up on average_joe's reviews as well and I'm really thankful for his critical and constructive feedback.

Now I'm faced with a similar problem as vespula95 http://www.head-fi.org/t/589838/need-help-should-i-reshell-and-add-a-driver-for-my-tf10

I currently have a pair of TF10s which has been serving me for close to 2 years and I'm thinking of going into CIEMs but spending over $1k seems like a pretty tall order for me.

I've tried out UM Miracle and heard really good reviews about it too and I really like it a lot. I heard that the sound signature of the LS6 is very similar to the Miracles as well, and I've tried it out and really like it too. They are priced at $1120 instead of the miracles which cost $1260. Is it worth the buy?

I believe that there are plenty of other customs out there which are equally good like the JH13, JH16, Heir Audio 4.ai, 8.a, Rooth LS8 but they all seem too expensive for me =(

Most of the music I listen to consist of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) like house, trance, dubstep, as well as mainstream English Pop.

I'm considering a few options:

1. Reshell my TF10s and upgrade them to 6 drivers at a local audio shop Null Audio for $650.
2. Buy a secondhand UM Miracle and send for reshell for $850. (People seem to be selling second hand ones at $600, reshelling costs $250).
3. Buy a brand new CIEM. (Would cost me about $1.2k?)

I couldn't find many reviews on the TF10 x 6 and my fear is that a reshelled TF10 x 6 would not be able to match up with the pure 6 drivers CIEMS. 

What should my concerns be?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A lost soul

TF-10 x 6 will most likely not be able to keep up with top CIEMs. JH13 can sound sibilant and the LS6 and the UM Miracles are at around the same level, maybe with the Miracles edging out here. I personally just ordered a pair of Miracles myself and I was in your situation a while ago. Your best bet is to ask average_joe who has a lot of CIEMs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back