Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Dec 2, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #256 of 474
  I did the mistake of trying out the Zues today. Immediately decided to forget about it and never log into head fi again, Yet I am here. And kinda looking for things around my room to sell. Sigh.

Tell me about it. The Zeus is really something, eh? I didn't think I would find a new favorite so soon, but the K10 has been kicked off its perch. It didn't help that the Zeus was so.. freaking.. expensive, even with that BF discount. 
frown.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #257 of 474

Tell me about it. The Zeus is really something, eh? I didn't think I would find a new favorite so soon, but the K10 has been kicked off its perch. It didn't help that the Zeus was so.. freaking.. expensive, even with that BF discount. 
frown.gif

Yep, quite special sounding. I found it a bit coloured with boosted bass and treble but the technical performance, separation in particular, is just insane. W500 still has the better sub bass though haha! 

Unfortunately the price is also very special, and pretty much far and beyond the line of what I would ever consider spending (as of now, this 'line' seems to be rather flexible and vulnerable to shifting).

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #258 of 474
  Yep, quite special sounding. I found it a bit coloured with boosted bass and treble but the technical performance, separation in particular, is just insane. W500 still has the better sub bass though haha! 

Unfortunately the price is also very special, and pretty much far and beyond the line of what I would ever consider spending (as of now, this 'line' seems to be rather flexible and vulnerable to shifting).

Yeah, that imaging and separation. Really amazing - I actually did a "WOW" out loud. Haha.

Anyway, the W500's bass is still unbeatable, right now. This is definitely due to its well-tuned dynamic driver. After listening to a plethora of top-level IEMs over the past year, I have come to the conclusion that BA drivers, even the best of them, are unable to reproduce good textured, hard hitting bass like dynamic drivers can.

Still, as much as I love the contemporary crop of TOTL earphones, their astronomical price tags are equal parts mind boggling and scary. To think that flagships like the JH13, ES5, Miracle, et al, could be had for around USD 1,000, just 2+ years ago. 
ph34r.gif

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #259 of 474
Yup. Driver count wars driving prices up as well. When the Layla was released for $2599 i was like ain't no way people are gonna buy that. Yet the Layla thread remains very popular, with some new users jumping straight to Laylas. Bro, JH13 also very good ok?!

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #260 of 474
I did the mistake of trying out the Zues today. Immediately decided to forget about it and never log into head fi again, Yet I am here. And kinda looking for things around my room to sell. Sigh.

Oh dear God you didn't haha. What's the sig like? Neutral with extra deep soundstage?

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #261 of 474
Oh dear God you didn't haha. What's the sig like? Neutral with extra deep soundstage?

I wouldn't say neutral. The signature is U shaped with enhanced bass and treble. In fact none of the empire ears demo struck me as neutral, even the Apollo X with a reference in its name was quite colored. 

Deep soundstage? In spades. The layering and separation is on a very high level and imaging is highly 3D, It sounds big and grand, if that makes any sense.

Dec 2, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #262 of 474
I wouldn't say neutral. The signature is U shaped with enhanced bass and treble. In fact none of the empire ears demo struck me as neutral, even the Apollo X with a reference in its name was quite colored. 

Deep soundstage? In spades. The layering and separation is on a very high level and imaging is highly 3D, It sounds big and grand, if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the input. I bet the imaging goes great with well-recorded albums. Wonder how it'll fare with mainstream recordings though? The Angie thread mentioned picking up a lot of weaknesses from Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto album.

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #264 of 474
Yup. Driver count wars driving prices up as well. When the Layla was released for $2599 i was like ain't no way people are gonna buy that. Yet the Layla thread remains very popular, with some new users jumping straight to Laylas. Bro, JH13 also very good ok?!

The JH13 FP is still a great IEM after all this while. Sure, it's a little old, but its sound signature remains one of the better ones at walking the fine line between clarity and musicality. Might have gone for the JH13 FP myself, but a little siren named Roxanne stood in its way. 
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #266 of 474
I have been receiving pms about a3h and my thoughts on its SQ, all those folks as I presume have preordered and/or were intrigued with mass drop 30% off. To those folks I really can't answer all back and am sorry I really am busy so much so that I hardly listen to music I'm preparing for my first professional job. I do have answered first few.

So here's the thing my a3h is different from yours so pre-ordered mid centric a3h pro( previously known as a3h-V vocal oriented) so no matter what my views are you can never find my impression matching your a3hP.

For my a3h impressions I have had posted you can refer to it if you go few pages back.

Again I'm sorry if I didn't reply to your pms it's really very unkind thing but life happens and for the moment there's so little I can do.

Lastly, last month I said I might get 500 morph to compare it with my a3h well I think I'm not gonna do that as I don't think I would get 100% resale value when I decide to keep one, plus I really like my a3h and as mentioned above the morph sounds similar to a3h as far 'as impression goes'.

On a side note if you guys are interested I might post a very short comparasion on a3h vs a3h pro might in few days.

Dec 11, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #267 of 474
Thanks AAW for letting me try your whole product range today at Mook Singapore.

My personal favourite of the product range is the W350. For me they had the best
clarity combined with proper punch.

A pity that your new entry level single-dynamic Universal was not available...
Therefore the entry-level Custom single dynamic A1D were also a big surprise me.
Customs for 249 SGD....and they were really good..

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #268 of 474
I'm also on my finals week, (cal 3, electric and mag physics, and Chem 24a), but I manage to make an apointment for ear impressions for next Friday for $45.00 at http://www.pacifichearing.com in Rancho Cucamonga.
This is what I found from the web for aaw a3h-v pro for those interested. Seems very positive.
http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com/advanced-acoustic-werkes-a3h-iem/

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #269 of 474
  Thanks AAW for letting me try your whole product range today at Mook Singapore.

My personal favourite of the product range is the W350. For me they had the best
clarity combined with proper punch.

A pity that your new entry level single-dynamic Universal was not available...
Therefore the entry-level Custom single dynamic A1D were also a big surprise me.
Customs for 249 SGD....and they were really good..

Thank you so much for your kind feedback.

If you are free to drop by again tmr, we will have the Nebula One ready for ya:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back