ADEL™ Drum Earbuds
Nov 10, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #47 of 338
  Thank you for the explanation. I'm thinking of getting these or Zeus R ADEL.. haha, a big difference in price, but ADEL Drums have the better ADEL modules for sure in the previous explanations.. For the price, these are much much cheaper.. but will there be a difference in sound quality? A 14 vs 1 driver... (well, 2 since I will get the dynamic + AB driver)

I've ever tried ZEUS with ADEL modules. Thanks to 14 BA drivers in each side, its resolution is topnotch. Every details are on stage. I can hear some details which I'd never heard them from 8 or even 12 BA drivers form factor.

Nov 10, 2016 at 11:32 PM Post #48 of 338
If this is the A8 driver, this could be one hell of an IEM for the price. The A8 is one of my favourite sounding in-ears (feel free to check out my review on head gear to see exactly how much I liked the sound), but it was very heavy and not really portable.

If the ADEL tech can fine tune the sound as well as the other benefits it brings, this could definitely shake up the single DD landscape.

Torn between backing the DD only and the additional Empire Ears style hybrid - heard a lot of good things about Jack Vang's creations, but one off the selling points of the A8 for me was the clean and practically distortion free sound, so not sure I want to add a point of failure to that design with an extra BA just to get some sparkle...

Oh, To prevent a single point of failure, you need to design your system by adding redundancy. Perhaps twin Cardass A8 drivers. LoL. Your comment make Empire Ears becomes the root of disaster. Haha. 

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #49 of 338
Oh, To prevent a single point of failure, you need to design your system by adding redundancy. Perhaps twin Cardass A8 drivers. LoL. Your comment make Empire Ears becomes the root of disaster. Haha. 

Should choose my words carefully with so many engineers in the thread! :wink: Just meant the A8 was close to an ideal signature for me, so wondering if an additional BA (even tuned/implemented by a genius like Jack Vang) would run the risk of moving too far away from the default driver signature for my own personal tastes. Of course, Asius could have tuned the DD with treble you can cut glass with for all I know, but hopefully not...

Nov 11, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #50 of 338
I have heard of George Cardas and I know he is a genius, but I haven't heard of Jack Vang. Can somebody tell me what makes him a genius and why it is a big deal that he has tuned the Level 5 & 6?

Nov 11, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #51 of 338
I have heard of George Cardas and I know he is a genius, but I haven't heard of Jack Vang. Can somebody tell me what makes him a genius and why it is a big deal that he has tuned the Level 5 & 6?

He's one of the people responsible for the Zeus and Zeus-R from Empire Ears - anyone who can have a hand in tuning a 14-BA in ear monitor which is pretty much universally acclaimed for its overall sound and coherency must have a reasonable ear for what makes good sound if nothing else.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #52 of 338

Is Jack Vang the guy that owns Empire Ears IEM? If so, then his IEMs have a huge fan following. The cardas driver and his tuning would make it very special indeed.

Nov 11, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #53 of 338

Is Jack Vang the guy that owns Empire Ears IEM? If so, then his IEMs have a huge fan following. The cardas driver and his tuning would make it very special indeed.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/adel-drum-audiophile-earbuds-with-bionic-eardrums-music-headphones#/
watch the video, at 4:50 is Dean Vang (dad) he the one mastermind behind all Empire Ears IEM tuning, Jack Vang (son) he behind all the great customer services and sales.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #54 of 338
I asked "Cardas or Cardas + BA?" on the Asius Facebook page. Here is the lengthy reply:

The reason behind all hybrid IEMs or earbuds has to do with the inherent audio performance differences between dynamic (moving coil) drivers and balanced armature (BA or hearing aid) drivers: Dynamic drivers generally have larger diaphragms with much lower mass and therefore have a tendency to be faster and smoother with lower distortion and much better bass, midrange and transient response than balanced armatures.

Although balanced armature drivers produce nonlinear distortion at much lower driven levels than dynamic drivers, these are commonly capable of more efficient production of specific frequencies and therefore are useful for creating very loud high and ultra high frequencies where the distortion components are often above the range of human hearing.

While marrying dynamic drivers with balanced armatures commonly results in a wider audio spectrum, the high frequencies produced by balanced armatures have commonly been known to sound harsh or "brittle" - like breaking glass instead of brilliant silk.

That's where our elegant ADEL technology comes to the rescue: the normally harsher high frequencies produced by the more efficient balanced armature high frequency designs are beautifully smoothed and opened up by proper focusing of the ADEL Drum membrane (our second ear drum), resulting in an incomparable listening experience which is able to be heard distinctly at low volumes without needless environmental isolation.

Our Hybrid ADEL Drum is a breakthrough in in-ear audio fidelity featuring incomparable bass and midrange acoustics beautifully married with extremely open, smooth and silky balanced armature high frequencies, which are typically much harsher using other approaches.

So much for saving $300 :)

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #55 of 338
Have they said what BA driver they are using?

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #56 of 338
About prevent hearing loss, I just noticed that when I use one of "semi-open" earphone type, I don't feel hurt on my ear in bassy tracks. Does it means whether pneumatic pressure only come get us hurt only from "close" type or not?

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #58 of 338
I want these but will pass and hope Shure collaborate to make a SE215 w/ adel tech. Or Shure/etymotic develop tech of their own. Hmm a ER4XR Adel edition? Take my money now!

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #59 of 338
Does anyone know who the distributor of this product will be after the crowd funding is over?  Will it be Empire Ears? 

I must admit that I'm still skeptical with the technology.  There are so many solutions to problems that often doesn't justify the cost when consistent common sense comes into play.  My listening levels falls under the recommended OSHA specifications of hearing levels.  My only experience with ADEL was during a 10 minute session with the 64ears A12 universal.  I'm not sure how much of the following attributes were due to ADEL, but the bass response was quite impressive from an all BA setup and the imaging projection was more out of your head.

Decisions, decisions....the BF deals are coming out and competing for my coin.

Here's a good article published five years on the ADEL tech.  For those wondering what goes into a BA driver, it has an excellent explanation and image on the topic:

http://www.hearingreview.com/2011/06/a-voice-activated-inflatable-self-regulating-balloon-ear-coupler/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back