Adding bass ot the K500's?
Mar 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #16 of 22
yeah that's a good idea.  if you're increasing the seal, or decreasing airflow through the pad it could work.  But just increasing the size of the pad with cotton or something without decreasing airflow should decrease bass and increase treble.  You could also add a strip of leather inside the pad, to the outer edge or something like that. 

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #17 of 22
Yea, I'm going to try to build a felt line on the inside of the cup and tape the outside and see if that does anything.

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #18 of 22
the only problem with stuffing the pads is...that I would have to rip them apart then figure out some Way to put them back together, they are glued down to the baffle, and I have no idea how to make a baffle for them so I can try from scratch, I mean I suppose I could try but I have no idea where to get the plastic, the materials would be easy to amke the padding would be easy and I could figure out some way to make the slots with a router....the onyl problem is finding the plastic thin enough.

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #19 of 22
Okay so I did the electrical tape mod, I hope I can take if off with out destroying the pads but it did increase the bass, that with the pad I put on the back has boosted the bass almost to the grado level, hopefully I can find some felt to put on the pad and see if that gives it what I'm looking for and i notice that the soundstage really isn't harmed at all.

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 22
I had some thin soft cloth from making a Halloween costume*the red death* and cut out two swatches and taped them to the back of the baffle covering the opening to the drive so it just added another layer. Once I get some felt I'm going to cut two rings, not disks but rings and put them into the hole possibly from the front to see if that will help at all, I really would like to try the k601 pads...but no ones has them anymore D:

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #22 of 22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul0cqfSJJxo Fur Lined HTDA

Bass, K500, I THINK SO!!!!!! I really want to make my own pad's not as I hate the way this looks but by god it has bass, not like SUPER BASS ZOMFG TEH BASES ARE TO MUCH, but enough bass to be noticed.

Just to test I took the tape off and yes, it's noticeably less bass even boosted. but it does muffle the mid range ever so slightly...or maybe that's just this song.

Well, just tried the song Even Deeper-NIN and yea it's just that song the vocals sound about the same pre-tape as they do post-tape. I think the only thing left to do i make my own pads for reals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back