AD700's through a mixer? (Computer software for a newbie?)
Jun 24, 2011 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ParryPerson

New Head-Fier
Do I lose anything doing this? I have a M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (a PCI recording card with good output) that I have to run to a mixer, then I plug the AD700's into the mixer.

Is this bad? Should I just use the on board (It is a pretty new motherboard) sound?

They sound great! But if I can make them sound even better...

Thanks for any help at all, and any suggestions to make these things come to life even more (programs, etc, I have Foobar and some FLAC classical, thats about it) I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks Head-Fi!

Jun 24, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
Do I lose anything doing this? I have a M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 (a PCI recording card with good output) that I have to run to a mixer, then I plug the AD700's into the mixer.

Is this bad? Should I just use the on board (It is a pretty new motherboard) sound?

They sound great! But if I can make them sound even better...

Thanks for any help at all, and any suggestions to make these things come to life even more (programs, etc, I have Foobar and some FLAC classical, thats about it) I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks Head-Fi!

It's fine... they are only 32 ohms (easy to drive). Just connect them to the sound source that sounds the best.

BTW, I like your S@it love story

Jun 24, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the post! I'll just leave them hooked up to the mixer then. I assume listening to them flat is the best way? I don't need to download Dobly headphone or any of that right?

Quote:

It's fine... they are only 32 ohms (easy to drive). Just connect them to the sound source that sounds the best.

BTW, I like your S@it love story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back