AD700 lack of bass. Can i EQ it?
Jun 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

renji1337

100+ Head-Fier
Can i use foobar 2000 to EQ since im using ASIO plugin, or should i turn ASIO off and use my soundcard?

Or should i buy a Fiio E5 and keep ASIO on and just hit bass boost or something? i liked the sound when boosted in foobar, but does that ruin the sound?

xonar dx btw

ALSO using ASIO, how am i supposed to control volume

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 9
i dont know about foobar, but i use winamp which has a fairly effective EQ. i know there are hundreds of DSP plugins that allow you to "enhance bass" and these are alright. its not worth buying the E5 just for a bass boost - for what you get its definitely not worth the money

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 9
I would agree that the E5 is not worth the upgrade.

I highly recommend the E7 or E11 for bass boost though!

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 9
Use the Xonar's DX EQ and don't use ASIO, it's not a night and day difference using ASIO but EQing headphones to your liking might be though. Soundcard's EQ is 90% of the time better working than some software built-in EQ in a player at least in this case when we're talking about not a poor but a decent soundcard. E5's bass boost is fairly small and it's poorly implemented, midrange bleed/too much coloration of the frequency response.

Why not simply test it out and see if it satisfies you, don't mind the theoretical part, check what your ears have to say!

Jun 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #9 of 9
Foobar EQ shouldn't ruin the sound as long as you autolevel it. A parametric equalizer would probably work better though. This is what I use with foobar with AD700. ElectriQ with George Yohng VST wrapper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back