ACS T3s
Aug 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

avsmithy

New Head-Fier
hi there

ive been looking around and cannot seem to find any opinions or reviews on the ACS T3s, the T2s have a good reputation as far as i can see but are way out of my budget!

for £230 the T3s are equivalent to a £150 pair of IEMs with and custom sleeve, so does anyone know which is better?

I currently use Shure se110s and Bose in ears, however i just tried on some etymotic E6i and could really tell a difference which has prompted me to buy a new pair.

Thanks
Alex

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #2 of 5
not getting into which will sound better , i will offer you some advice on " COMFORT " all i will say is that if your ultimate goal is comfort ( and you must have this as a little consideration if you are thinking custom) them customs are the way to go in my opinion, i own er6i , westone um1 , westone 3 and ACS T2'S , and it may seem a bit obvious but the T2'S are unrivalled when it comes to comfort. You can get a nice fit / comfort with complys / shure olives etc ( but there is also a little cost involved in changing them every so often) . I will also say that one persons comfort is different to another , owning the above i bought a pair of shure se530's as a bit of a comparison and sold them within 24 hours having already owned really flush fitting iems like er6i's and westone's i was not impressed with the way the shure sat in my ear, ( others will swear buy the comfort of the se530), you have owned the se110 , where you impressed with the cable? as i hated the cable on the se530, have you seen and felt a westone cable? thats where it becomes hard as you have not tried different manufactures, when you buy a universal and you dont like it you can sell it , you cant with a custom so you have to be sure its what you want, when you think about comfort you must think of the bit the goes in your ear ( comply / shure olives / triple flange etc ), the casing of the iem and how it sits in your ear ( is it flush etc ) and the cable exit, iem dropping like the er6i or over ear like um1, there is no right or wrong answer , when i first bought my er6i's i had a guy that has no clue about iems tell me how was that tiny thing shoved in my ear comfortable, i replyed " they are more comfortable than those", he was wearing £10 standard ipod buds, which shows to some a £10 bud is comfortable, sometimes when im lying in bed i forget my t2's are in my ears as they just slowly melt away and when im drifting off to sleep or daydreaming i only realise they are still in my ears when the cable brushes against me , but you need to prioritise whats important to you , forget about cost for just one second and think what do i want out of the iem, and just another word of warning with custom sleeves with say an er6i , you are stuck with the er6i , just like you stuck with the acs t3, you must always own a er6i with the er6i sleeve, ( if you owned an er6i for 2 years and had some money then yes buy a custom sleeve , but i would reserve custom sleeves for iems like ie8 and the like that you know you will keep for many years , i bought a custom sleeve for the westone 3 and it didnt work, the sleeve and the huge case in my tiny ear just didnt work so i bought the t2's , er6i cost + sleeve vs acs t3, i would buy t3 all day no question on a comfort stand point , i hope i have helped you on a pure comfort point of view , you have tried and entry level shure, you have the entry level ety , why not try the entry level westone , my ADVICE would be get yourself a second had um1 , DONT GET SLEEVE's for entry level iems like ety er6i , and try some more universals like westone , Klipsch , jays, buy second hand and sell if you dont like , lastly if you do go ACS they are a great company to deal with and you should be very happy , good luck

Aug 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 5
I can say that I got them and really like them.  I'm assured that they'll need remoulding to a degree, as they won't stay perfectly sealed in my ears.  They do, however, have a very clear and balanced sound that I can't really say I'd get tired of.  With even a bit of isolation, there is a lot there.

The phones are extremely comfortable, being made of silicon and not filling as much of the ear as full-concha customs.  One could easily sleep with them in.  The cables are also very rugged.

The price is hard to justify on a tight budget, but the price and the phones themselves are basically ER-4Ps with custom moulding, since the drivers used are apparently identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back