ACS T2: A Thorough Review
Oct 8, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #91 of 131
The Neutrik plug is probably tougher. I highly doubt you would be able to tell them apart sound-wise.

Oct 8, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #92 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Neutrik plug is probably tougher. I highly doubt you would be able to tell them apart sound-wise.

I guess the main difference, except for externals is how the cable is attached/stored/routed inside the plug, I believe, since it's rather directed towards "pro" use, the Neutrik plug would be more "careless operator" friendly.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #93 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by kichu1979 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess the main difference, except for externals is how the cable is attached/stored/routed inside the plug, I believe, since it's rather directed towards "pro" use, the Neutrik plug would be more "careless operator" friendly.

Thats correct.

Andy kept on mention Goldie, who usually gets drunnk after a session and usually ends up breaking them (hanking them from the socket). I also agree that there would be no difference with sound quality.

Im loving the set.

However sometime when i open my mouth, the right slightly pops, im thinking its the seal. I still have a bit of difficulty puting them in.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #94 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However sometime when i open my mouth, the right slightly pops, im thinking its the seal. I still have a bit of difficulty puting them in.

You will get used to it after a while... had exactly the same issues you describe.
The soft silicone plugs are generally harder to put in in the beggining... you tend to handle them rather gently... comparing to how I handled my hard acrylic UM56.

As for those pops these its just the pressure between inside of your ear and outer space equalizing. What I do is after I put the T2 on is to make few jaw movements in all directions while pushing the T2 a little... until I have no more pops.

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #95 of 131
frown.gif

Got my first problem already.

The neutrik plug is faulty. When connected to the Cowon and moves a little the left ear cuts off. I've tried other headphones with the cowon and they seem to work as normal.

I'll let you know what Andy's reply will be.

Oct 26, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #97 of 131
Any updates?

I have found out that the T2 the Knowles ED9689 driver for its high frequency which interestingly enough is also found in all of Etymotic's IEMs.

Oct 27, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #98 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceMonkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Got my first problem already.

The neutrik plug is faulty. When connected to the Cowon and moves a little the left ear cuts off. I've tried other headphones with the cowon and they seem to work as normal.

I'll let you know what Andy's reply will be.

I experience this same problem with a lot of my ICs that have neutrik plug ends...
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #99 of 131
Tried 5.5G iMod, Tomahawk and Hornet with the T2 today. Hornet sounded the best out of the two RSA amps. Better instrument separation and refinement out of the Hornet...

iMod improved the sound a lot. Bass became noticeably better controlled and the upper-midrange really shines. Me like!

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #100 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried 5.5G iMod, Tomahawk and Hornet with the T2 today. Hornet sounded the best out of the two RSA amps. Better instrument separation and refinement out of the Hornet...

iMod improved the sound a lot. Bass became noticeably better controlled and the upper-midrange really shines. Me like!

Glad you liked the setup. Referring to your second paragraph I however
believe the effect you refer to... bass and upper midrange... has more
to do with the Tomahawk/Hornet than the iMod.

IMHO what Tomahawk does... it adds a bit of control to the bass, the upper
midrange is also a tad brigther, it also adds some emphasis to the highs. I
think Tomahawk is rather fast amp, the accent is put on the peaks rather than attack/decays that are shorter than the real life. It extracts some
details from the mix, even some small nuances. Refferiing to the photography
I would call the effect of Tomahawk as sort of "sharpen image" effect from
Photoshop. Nice for the edges and extracting details.

I cannot get rid of thoughts that the Tomahawk was written/made to fix
the E500 playing out of stock headphone iPod out. All the effects (more
bass contro, bit brighter on the midrange, some accent and extension to
the highs will definately make E500 sound better with less treble rolloff.

The same things work for T2... give bass even better texture... neutralise
the midrange and adds even more extension to the highs.. up to the point
where you could hear some bits of "s" sibilance from female vocals... especially when you pair iMod+Tomahawk with silver interconnect as I do.
It makes the T2 even more detailed. I considered this combo iMod+TH+T2 just perfect for quite a long time.

The one thing to remember is that the way Tomahawk handles attack/decays
is bit far far from real life. It's just too short. I haven't realized that until I heard PRII MK2. One of the main differences between Tomahawk and PRII is how the both amps handle attack/decays. On Tomahawk they are shortened... on PRII the attack/decays seems just very 'real life'... you can hear the drum, cymbals etc. to really fade out. You can even feel the sort
of aftermath of decay... the vocalis closed its mouth but you do feel the vibrations in the room. For example the highs on PRII are even more extended
than on Tomahawk, but without any hint of being pushed forward and/or sibilance.

Just a point to remember when talking about Tomahawk and perhaps Hornet.

I must say I like T2 more with Tomahawk than the PRII... because of the details... with big cans I however prefer the PRII... because of that naturallenes and transparency.

And coming back to T2 I recently had and heard quite nice bunch of amps
here including some DYI ones... and I have the impression that the T2 seems
to be very very transparent. When comparing amps it was easier to note the differences between them on T2 than any other headphones. Because on some other headphones some effects were increased and some other masked by any particular amp. On T2 each changes semmed to be much more obivious.

And by the way, you are right, iMod does make a difference. The funny thing is that this was not that obvious in the time I got it, but it is now, after I listeden to it for a longer time, and had a chance to try a stock iPod after that time.

Kris

ps. Sorry for my crap english
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 2:15 PM Post #101 of 131
Terrific stuff. I will try to get my hands on the PRII. Just one question about the LaRocco: some people find it noisy with IEMs, ie high noise floor. Is that true in your experience?

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #104 of 131
Interesting. Bad connector design? I wonder why ACS are using it. Most important of all, you're enjoying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back