ACS T2: A Thorough Review
Jun 4, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #107 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!

Just wanted to say that I, coming from Livewires, will have ACS T2 made - 2 weeks time I think
smily_headphones1.gif

I wonder if the difference between the 2 will be fair enough to justify the purchase

Regards

How did it go? How does the T2 compare to the Livewires?

I'm really enjoying my T2s (been back once for a remould).

The bass is really quite impressive. Again, I still want it to be a bit more transparent, but the slight warmth really makes a lot of music sound really nice. Currently chilling to "Without You" - The Feeling. Superb.

Now I'm tempted by the UE10Pro/11Pro. Fortunately, my wallet is empty from other recent purchases
biggrin.gif

Jun 5, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #108 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I'm tempted by the UE10Pro/11Pro. Fortunately, my wallet is empty from other recent purchases
biggrin.gif

Actually, given the review you could have made, that's unfortunate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #109 of 131
Oooh look we now have a triple driver iem from ACS
cool.gif

A pity - I only had mine replaced by the insurance company a few months ago, had I known about the triple coming out I'd have upgraded. Still I did get a new set of T2 laser etched with the kevlar cabling, deliver in person by Andy Shiach.

Now if only the bonus was a little bigger....

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #110 of 131
Looks nice, but boy it's pricey. Still, it's cheaper than anticipated. We all thought the price would be closer to 750
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #111 of 131
I wouldn't buy it until I can see a frequency response graph to be sure there aren't any major flaws (like sibilance).

Jul 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #112 of 131
I did not see any graphs before I bought my T2s but it would be nice to be able to compare the T1s next time I converse with Andy I'll see if any T1 buyers have upgraded from the T2 and mentioned the difference.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #113 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh look we now have a triple driver iem from ACS
cool.gif

A pity - I only had mine replaced by the insurance company a few months ago, had I known about the triple coming out I'd have upgraded. Still I did get a new set of T2 laser etched with the kevlar cabling, deliver in person by Andy Shiach.

Now if only the bonus was a little bigger....

I'm sold.
biggrin.gif

I notice that you are in Stevenage like me. Where would you recommend to get some impressions done? I enquired at a couple of places and was given dates starting at 21st August. Ouch.

Seriously tempted by the T1's. Going to have to consult she who must be obeyed about this. Going to get some custom sleeves for my SE530's anyway.

Simon/~Flibster

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #114 of 131
StevieDVD, please get the T1! I would love some feedback from existing T2 users.

Flibster, the T2 is so much better than the SE530. If you're brave enough, have the cash to burn and "she who must be obeyed" permits, get the T1.
tongue.gif
Don't bother with silly custom sleeves.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #115 of 131
I'm leaning towards the T1's at the moment as they aren't that much more than the T2's. Plus I've sold one of my cars so I do have a few quid extra.

The SE530's are going to be used primarilly at the gym. I don't mind to much if they get sweaty and horrible. Using the T2/T1's would worry me.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #116 of 131
I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, especially when you're coming from the SE530. I've owned the SE530 twice, sold them, and disliked what I heard when I tried it again recently. It seems that its recessed highs combined with poor clarity are really too much of a hindrance to my enjoyment. The rich bass and smooth midrange are no doubt very nice so I could understand why some like it. The T2 has much better clarity and accuracy (ie true to the original recording). I should hope the T1 is even better.

Aug 2, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #117 of 131
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flibster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sold.
biggrin.gif

I notice that you are in Stevenage like me. Where would you recommend to get some impressions done? I enquired at a couple of places and was given dates starting at 21st August. Ouch.

Seriously tempted by the T1's. Going to have to consult she who must be obeyed about this. Going to get some custom sleeves for my SE530's anyway.

Simon/~Flibster

I had my initial impressions for the 530 sleeves done at Bike Stop in Stevenage Old town. But ended up going to ACS when they were in Harpenden - and had impressions re-done by Andy. I found the 530 sleeves a little too bulky so when I saw the T2 in person that's what swayed me.

Quote:

StevieDVD, please get the T1! I would love some feedback from existing T2 users.

Donations welcome!!! I have a missus too and her shopping list for the house is pushing the T1 into the outfield
angry_face.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 11:39 AM Post #118 of 131
Well - had my impressions done. Wasn't as unpleasent as I was expecting.

Sadly, the other half veto'd the T1's until we move house.
frown.gif
So just the Se530 sleeves at the moment. Hopefully will be able to get the T1's in a couple of months. Christmas present for me maybe.

She's after a set of T3's though as IEM's don't fit her easily and she doesn't like full headphones. tempted to try and get both done at the same time.

Hopefully will be soon.

Oct 1, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #119 of 131
I'm irritated by the lack of information on the ACS website. I've had to email them about some really basic stuff such as sensitivity and impedence. I'm looking at the T3 now for a cheap custom option, Livewires looked good but worked out more expensive, if you take import tax, VAT and impressions(£50!) into consideration. The fact that ACS are in the UK is also a big positive and i can also go to the exact same place milkpowder went to get his impressions which makes me feel more comfortable.

But what are the T3s like? I can only find one review!

Oct 1, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #120 of 131
Quote:

I've owned the SE530 twice, sold them, and disliked what I heard when I tried it again recently. It seems that its recessed highs combined with poor clarity are really too much of a hindrance to my enjoyment.

Well said. That was the same reason I sold my SE530's and got the Triple 10's
wink.gif

Quote:

Don't bother with silly custom sleeves.

Again, excellent advice. I also tried custom sleeves with the Triple 10's, but then got true customs (SuperFreQs). Definitely, a true custom piece fits/sounds better than "silly" sleeves
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back