ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Jul 14, 2019 at 1:58 AM Post #1,156 of 1,234
Still having trouble with these. Had to send them back again because I was having trouble connecting the cables, and, because I repeatedly connected, they disconnected, over and over, the opening the cables goes in tore. They fixed then, sent then back. They are still slightly uncomfortable, but getting better over time (native they do get a bit smaller over time). But, I just can't get the hang of these cables. You connect blindly (I have green shells, you can't see inside, and the connector is inside the shell. Is have opted for clear is if I knew this). I get the cables to connect, but not securely, sound jiggles one and off, I have to keep jiggling our reconnecting them for sound, then the next time I use then, I have to reconnect them once more. I'm quite disgusted with the whole matter (I like them when they DO function properly, but the frustration level is mounting. I spent a good amount of money with acs. Not happy. What kind of crazy design has you blindly connect cables (and not Havre it work easily)?

I agree... cable fittings are not good. I got clear pair so it's easier to fit but still.

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #1,157 of 1,234
Still having trouble with these. Had to send them back again because I was having trouble connecting the cables, and, because I repeatedly connected, they disconnected, over and over, the opening the cables goes in tore. They fixed then, sent then back. They are still slightly uncomfortable, but getting better over time (native they do get a bit smaller over time). But, I just can't get the hang of these cables. You connect blindly (I have green shells, you can't see inside, and the connector is inside the shell. Is have opted for clear is if I knew this). I get the cables to connect, but not securely, sound jiggles one and off, I have to keep jiggling our reconnecting them for sound, then the next time I use then, I have to reconnect them once more. I'm quite disgusted with the whole matter (I like them when they DO function properly, but the frustration level is mounting. I spent a good amount of money with acs. Not happy. What kind of crazy design has you blindly connect cables (and not Havre it work easily)?

Why do you need to replace the cables though?

Must admit got a set of digital impressions and been tempted to try the base model the evoke. Reports of issues on here though do tend to put me off. The cable system does seem stupid, why reinvent the wheel when a 2 pin or mmcx would have been more than enough for most people?

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #1,158 of 1,234
I don't need to replace the cables. It's that they constantly disconnect, and I have to connectthem again to use them. Happens every day, sometimesmultiple times in 1 listening session (have to admit, I'm 10 thumbs, maybe those more coordinated don't have the same issues)

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #1,159 of 1,234
I wish I knew, would have definitely gone for the clear shell. I'm just doing it blind, hope to connect (I know the direction to put it in, but still...). Sometimes it clicks, but I Havre yet to have both sides connected at the same time.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #1,160 of 1,234
Seems ACS ditched their own system and gone with what works withe the good old 2-pin system Half tempted to give the evoke a try now :)

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #1,161 of 1,234
I Still can't connect the cables internally so that they don't disconnect. Been stalling, but I will have to send them back YET AGAIN!

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #1,162 of 1,234
I Still can't connect the cables internally so that they don't disconnect. Been stalling, but I will have to send them back YET AGAIN!

As someone who has been through multiple refits I feel your pain. Maybe they can convert them to the new (old!) cable system. Aside from the cables issue how was the fit with yours in the end (also what model did you get?)

Aug 30, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #1,163 of 1,234
I have an Emotion custom. I have already sent it back for fit and the cable connection issue. On return for fit, it was better, but I still get a bit of pain in the left ear canal. But, I would probably live with it if the cable didn't disconnect every time I moved my head.

Aug 31, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #1,164 of 1,234
Seems ACS ditched their own system and gone with what works withe the good old 2-pin system Half tempted to give the evoke a try now :)
Do you have a link to confirm this?

Edit: it's in all the pictures on their website.
I wonder if it'll be retrofittable to existing products. I'm going to ask them about this.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #1,165 of 1,234
I'd be interested too, I'd like to be sending mine back for the last time.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #1,166 of 1,234
I just looked at the site (for an email about their Labor Day sale), the connection and cables in the picture look the same as what I have too me.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #1,167 of 1,234
I just looked at the site (for an email about their Labor Day sale), the connection and cables in the picture look the same as what I have too me.

US or Uk site? Uk site has no mention of labor day sale (unsurprisingly). Nevertheless I would imagine all models to be updated to the new spec by now. Worth an email? This is what we get :-

acs-2pin (3).jpg

Attachments

• acs-2pin (3).jpg
    acs-2pin (3).jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #1,168 of 1,234
I can't seem to copy the image and paste it on my phone. I'm sure it's the US Site. I can't tell about the connection inside the iem from the pictures there. But, some off the pictures include the cable, which is definitely the one I have, not the 2 pi

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #1,169 of 1,234
Sep 1, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #1,170 of 1,234
I can't seem to copy the image and paste it on my phone. I'm sure it's the US Site. I can't tell about the connection inside the iem from the pictures there. But, some off the pictures include the cable, which is definitely the one I have, not the 2 pi
https://www.acscustom.com/uk/products/in-ear-monitors/ciem Here the two pin connection is clearly visible, both in the CIEM themselves and the cable.

I sent them an e-mail inquiring about retrofitting existing equipment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back