ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #1,111 of 1,234
I've got the universal version on loan from ACS. Really really enjoy it!
Sooner or later I will get a custom pair.
Emotion reminds me my Utopias...

I was so pleasantly surprised, honestly, they are as good as any top headphone and tonality is just right and faithfully reproduced, in that sense i get what you mean about Utopias. And bass is so deep, real high end kind.
Enjoy them, I'm never parting with these

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,112 of 1,234
I was so pleasantly surprised, honestly, they are as good as any top headphone and tonality is just right and faithfully reproduced, in that sense i get what you mean about Utopias. And bass is so deep, real high end kind.
Enjoy them, I'm never parting with these
I totally agree! They are spot on to my ears.

Jan 26, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #1,113 of 1,234
Just (last week) brought my Encore to acs in Manhattan. Don't know what they'll do for me, wasn't using the Encore, I'd try the Emotion, upgrade if possible, but no word over the week what they will do. Just waiting'...

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #1,115 of 1,234
Can't wait to hear your impressions (no pun intended...)

Feb 8, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #1,117 of 1,234
Well. Received the Emotions today. I have never found any UIEM to fit or that were comfortable, which is why I bit the bullet & went the custom route. I think that the feel will take a little getting used to, but so far I'm a happy bunny.There's a little discomfort in the right ear. I've listened to a few tracks but I have a stinking head cold at the moment, so not really comfortable sitting down for a long session, but liking the sound very much. I'm leaving them to burn-in overnight, and will continue to do so over the weekend. So far so good though. I'll report back when I've given them more time.
IMG_5700.JPG IMG_5706.JPG IMG_5708.JPG IMG_5709.JPG

Feb 8, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #1,118 of 1,234
Congratulations! Very curious what you think of the sound, please update us when your ears clear. Feel better!

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #1,120 of 1,234
The new cable seems to be better than the Linum one. Have fun!

Feb 11, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #1,121 of 1,234
A quick check in. I'm finding them to have a very open & natural sound at the moment. Treble not too sharp. Although I'm far from being a Bass-head, I could do with a little more bass. However, I think I'm going to have to go back to the office to get a bit shaved off the bit that goes right inside the ear. The right one in particular is quite painful, particularly when I completely close my jaw. The left one also, but to a much lesser extent. I hate to think how uncomfortable they would be if they were acrylic! I'm guessing that the Bass would improve if I could get them in further without the discomfort. The cable is very well behaved, not snagging or getting tangled. These are my first ever IEM of any description that I'm in any way happy with, as I've never been able to get universals that fit my ears at all, so I realise that the soundstage etc will be different from what I'm used to ( B&W P7's). So to summarise a this point, I'm very pleased with the sound overall, but once I get the comfort issue solved I'm hoping that the Bass will spring out a tad more. Also, with the discomfort there is no way that I could wear them for more than an hour at a stretch at the moment. I also have a pair of Pro 17 ear plugs on order with ACS, so I'm waiting to see if they have the same fit issue, so when I get them ( & got over my cold) I'll get myself back to their office. So not the 'WOW ,they're AMAZING' that I'd hope for straight out of the box, but I have hope that we'll get there with getting the fit better. I'll let you know how I get on.

Feb 11, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #1,122 of 1,234
I also have a pair of Pro 17 ear plugs on order with ACS, so I'm waiting to see if they have the same fit issue

That's a very good idea and you're lucky to be in this position. You might find that the ear plugs are perfect and there's no discomfort, since they are missing the helix part of the CIEM's. From experience the helix part can create a pull or push and cause the in ear part to create pressure that wouldn't exist otherwise. I'm sure ACS will be able to address that easily.

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #1,123 of 1,234
Today I took a trip back to Gerry at the London office because they were still hurting, not so much as they were, but definitely not as they should be. He took a set of open mouthed impressions and have sent everything back to the workshop to be trimmed down or remade. It'll be around a 2 week wait to see what they're like. Keeping everything crossed. I have to say that I have so far found ACS customer service to be excellent.

Feb 22, 2018 at 10:54 PM Post #1,124 of 1,234
Brought mine back to the NYC office, but I still don't know what they will do (they took new impressions, but that wasn't the only problem for me).

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #1,125 of 1,234
Received mine on Tuesday. Fit is perfect, as per usual with ACS. Have had them running in since I pulled them out of their box, but initial impressions are very positive, at least relative to my 3 year old ACS Custom Evolve. MUCH better than the Encore I tried previously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back