ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM!
Dec 21, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,096 of 1,234
Treble was the issue with the Encore...

Dec 21, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #1,097 of 1,234
It changes significantly from dap to dap. So I can’t pin point it exactly.

My lotoo paw gold is slightly on treble happy side however on AK70 issue isn’t that noticeable.

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #1,102 of 1,234
I kept trying to figure out why the treble sounded so familiar. Not until I saw the FR chart of the ER4B and ACS Emotion I remember hey this is almost the ER4V treble response.

The bass of Emotion is very flat, however impactful and extends low. To my ears the more I listen to Emotion and ER4B the more I'm incline to say Emotion is a homage to it!

Dec 22, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #1,103 of 1,234
Here is a freq sweep results

• 20 hz audible rumble
  • 50 hz to 805 hz, essentially flat
  • slight dip at 1000 hz
  • peak at 2000 kz
  • gradual dip start right at 2200 hz till 3500 hz
  • gradual rise from 3500 till 4600 hz
  • dip 4400 hz
  • sudden peak at 5200 hz
  • sibilant at 6200 to 6900 hz
  • gradual drop start from 7000 hz to 8000 hz
  • rise peak at 9000 hz
  • gradual dip from 9000 hz till 17000 hz
  • I can’t hear can’t hear anything passed 17000 hz

edit: I wish Emotion had a lower sensitivity. It gets very little to make it go loud.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #1,105 of 1,234
Another update: They are prone to hissing, very sensitive to source, more than my Ultrasone IQ. Hisssss!
What source have you got?
Are you using custom Emotion or universal?

Jan 20, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #1,108 of 1,234
Honestly one thing is certain ACS customer service is honestly among the top 3 worst I have ever seen. I mean I'm been harsh in saying this as out of 6 emails I sent, 2 twitter PM and 3 FB PM I didnt get one reply back, so maybe they dont even have customer service agent.

Their Taiwan dealer however is truly supportive, isn't strange a product I bought in Australia, made in UK is serviced and represented by their dealer in Taiwan?

Thanks to their Taiwan dealer I managed to get my hand to a set of balance cable and it was worth the try. I have finally begun enjoying the ACS Emotion paired with my WM1A. But honestly based on how inactive and unresponsive ACS is I cant recommend to anyone outside UK.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #1,109 of 1,234
Guys, as a proud owner of a new custom Emotion (upgrade from Encore),
I have to say the difference is quite staggering in positive direction, treble is still polite, but it just wasn't balanced before and i was getting a lot of mid bass peaks.
Sound now is absolutely spot on, bass extends surprisingly deep, its more sub now with a musical and pure tonality, treble is smooth, but all is there, its just never hissing, sibilant, but details are abound.
Honestly, Emotion now competes with anything totl out there with main strength being a gorgeous analogue, yet crystal clear sound that draws you closer to the emotion,impact and dynamics in the music.
Its a treat, well done Andy and ACS!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #1,110 of 1,234
Guys, as a proud owner of a new custom Emotion (upgrade from Encore),
I have to say the difference is quite staggering in positive direction, treble is still polite, but it just wasn't balanced before and i was getting a lot of mid bass peaks.
Sound now is absolutely spot on, bass extends surprisingly deep, its more sub now with a musical and varied tonality, treble is smooth, but all is there, its just never hissing, sibilant, but details are abound.
Honestly, Emotion now competes with anything totl out there with main strength being a gorgeous analogue, yet crystal clear sound.
Its a treat, well done Andy and ACS!

I've got the universal version on loan from ACS. Really really enjoy it!
Sooner or later I will get a custom pair.
Emotion reminds me my Utopias...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back